Sign in to follow this  
TheJellyGoo

[Forums] Reputation Rating and it's Abuse

Some may still remember it from the old forums before it got removed for the same issue.

People abusing the dislike button and going on a downvoting spree of a users posts simply because they hold a grudge towards them. Reasons were either having lost an argument on the forum, an ingame match or any other petty reason. At least there you could see the name of the immature bugger but here on this forum it's all about anonymity which is a sad protection given to those individuals.

All in all it's a clear misuse of the feature which is supposed to judge a posts content and not the user itself in a subjective relation.

I'd like to see a change in either making the reputation ratings visible by name or remove the possibility of downvoting altogether. I'm an advocate of keeping it since I'd like to think that the majority is mature enough to properly use it to the benefit of the forum and it would be sad to see some bad apples ruining it for the whole as always. Anyway thanks for the compliment - mmm so salty!

• Like 2

Getting downvoted doesn't affect your reputation. It can't be lowered, it can only go up. 

The problem of abusing has already been dealt with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Outofmyway said:

Getting downvoted doesn't affect your reputation. It can't be lowered, it can only go up. 

The problem of abusing has already been dealt with.

Oh really? I thought I had seen a -rating in the past. Did they change it?

Anyway like I said it's not like I care about the rating itself but it is also supposed to give an indicator for other users that browse through posts.

I’m also against the anonymous up-/downvoting. I feel so pretty when a forum celebrity upvotes me, and my ego depends on it to uphold sufficient inflation.

No sarcasm, btw.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Anyway like I said it's not like I care about the rating itself but it is also supposed to give an indicator for other users that browse through posts.

They changed that like almost day one really. It is honestly a meh mechanic much list post count and what not. They matter not unless you need to ego boost or something.

9 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

After a day or two of the forum relaunch the forum team got rid of the Negative reputation because a few people abused it big time. *cough* ZombieBiscuit *cough*

Edited by TR3NT

can’t remove forum rep, i’m not at 1 billion yet (support the cause)

i would like like to see it become unanonymous again, especially now that “revenge dislikes” no longer affect reputation

• Thanks 1

Well I stayed mostly away since it was just the same ol' same ol' threads about unbans and support complains the first few weeks.

Only saw someone with overall -rep and didn't really have an occasion to notice reputation up and downs from there.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

10 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

After a day or two of the forum relaunch the forum team got rid of the Negative reputation because a few people abused it big time. *cough* ZombieBiscuit *cough*

I dunno what you are talking about.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I dunno what you are talking about.

i’m sure you and your 286 “friends” have no idea

Just now, BXNNXD said:

i’m sure you and your 286 “friends” have no idea

I wish I had even one friend.

• Like 1

I wish I had even one friend.

i’ll be your friend

for extra likes of course, friendship is a two way street 

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i’ll be your friend

for extra likes of course, friendship is a two way street 

Sorry. You gotta be 99% pure to be my friend.

Is that a race joke?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Is that a race joke?

It is whatever you want it to be.

pretty sure i’m 99% alcohol at this point

prepare ur friend zone

42 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Some may still remember it from the old forums before it got removed for the same issue.

People abusing the dislike button and going on a downvoting spree of a users posts simply because they hold a grudge towards them. Reasons were either having lost an argument on the forum, an ingame match or any other petty reason. At least there you could see the name of the immature bugger but here on this forum it's all about anonymity which is a sad protection given to those individuals.

All in all it's a clear misuse of the feature which is supposed to judge a posts content and not the user itself in a subjective relation.

I'd like to see a change in either making the reputation ratings visible by name or remove the possibility of downvoting altogether. I'm an advocate of keeping it since I'd like to think that the majority is mature enough to properly use it to the benefit of the forum and it would be sad to see some bad apples ruining it for the whole as always. Anyway thanks for the compliment - mmm so salty!

Well it seems that the same person who hates you already gave you 4 dislikes...

Anyways it does not decrease your positive profile rating so you have not much to worry. You should care about what people with critical thinking opine about your posts.

Edited by Excalibur!

50 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Well it seems that the same person who hates you already gave you 4 dislikes...

Anyways it does not decrease your positive profile rating so you have not much to worry. You should care about what people with critical thinking opine about your posts.

Oh those are just the trolls that downvote because I made a topic about it :classic_ninja:

And about the rest like I said it is a compliment since it just shows how much I must have destroyed them through conventional ways for them to resort to it.

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

I’m also against the anonymous up-/downvoting. I feel so pretty when a forum celebrity upvotes me, and my ego depends on it to uphold sufficient inflation.

No sarcasm, btw.

Thats a upvote for you sir ^^

42 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Oh those are just the trolls that downvote because I made a topic about it :classic_ninja:

And about the rest like I said it is a compliment since it just shows how much I must have destroyed them through conventional ways for them to resort to it.

I think you are wrong here... not because someone disagree with you make them troll.

• Like 1

its the opposite now that negative is removed. there are people on this very thread abusing the positive portion. Less than a month in, and some of these people really are desperate to be liked.

56 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I think you are wrong here... not because someone disagree with you make them troll.

True, but if those downvotes are really not trolls then good luck at LO for nourishing these personalities since its basically a testimony for supporting toxicity.

17 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

True, but if those downvotes are really not trolls then good luck at LO for nourishing these personalities since its basically a testimony for supporting toxicity.

You are just typing more of the same "they disagree with me they* support toxicity". Thats selfish and you are a jellygoo.

Edited by Excalibur!