Sign in to follow this  
Thornecroft

Dsync - Now Beyong Unplayable

Little Orbit. When people intentionally (or accidentally) drift there car and exit, they used to dsync for a second or two until everything caught up. You could shoot where you saw them and it would still translate to where they actually were, then you'd have to re-aim after it fixes.

This was largely playable.

However, recently it's been lasting upwards of 5 seconds, sometimes much longer. Having to hit something further away than it is, whilst your opponent has no such disadvantage, for that long is just wrong and unplayable when it happens. You can see them behind their own car, and think that you therefore can't hit them, when in fact you can, but you can't see their body, meanwhile they can see you perfectly because they're somewhere else.

Are you aware of this issue? Do you have plans to fix it? Is it even easily fixed, or is this something that will plague the game for a long time?

I sincerely hope you look into this as it isn't exactly a minor issue, or even a rare one.

• Like 1

I want to say that they are aware of this issue as its been probably the largest bug in the game for many years, however, don't expect it to be fixed until the Engine upgrade releases.

As for your claims about it lasting longer, for all I know it can last for a few seconds until I assume a server side check kicks in, however, the players themselves will also fix it by crouching as this resyncs their position and hitbox due to them changing the size of their hitbox on a server side level, however, despite all of this I don't think this is an easy bug to squish and if they were to do it now it would likely break a bunch of other things but I sincerely hope that they look into this bug and fix it for 2.2 prior to releasing it.

• Like 3

This actually hasn't been an issue for many years its only been like 3~ at least the super bad car dsync hasn't. My guess is they removed or broke some kind of check because dsync wasn't nearly as bad in the past or they just have worse servers or maybe the anti-ddos measures add massive delays to those checks and cause huge dsync issues could easily see it being one of those 3.

Edited by MonkaS

This has been an issue for quite some time now, and I believe everyone, or at least the majority already knows how to reproduce it. Unfortunately, I believe Frosi is right and it won't be fixed anytime soon.

It's upon each one of us to stop (ab)using this lame bug, but knowing the community well, we most likely won't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FakeBungo said:

servers were fine before LO came and downgraded them

I don't know about that.

APB has always had desync problems to some degree. Especially way back when Gamersfirst (old G1 that is) first started trying to improve the engine. Something went horribly wrong with that and caused all kinds of problems for a while. Not sure it ever got fully resolved honestly.

• Like 1

I think apb have not dsync it is only a bug. Dsync is the badest thing ever for online game. I remember the seadler 4 one of greatest games but the multiplayer had a never fixed dsync. The game was unplayabale online. 

welcome to apb were your hitbox is always 5 seconds behind you 

• Like 1

5 seconds? Those are rookie numbers. I've done it for a few hours. I'm not being sarcastic it's lasted that long. If you don't jump, interact with objects like ladders and vehicles, or move too far from the vehicle, you will remain desynced.

9 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

servers were fine before LO came and downgraded them

This bug is not server related. The server tracks your real position just fine. You're only desynced to other players who were within 100M. Your position gets linked to the vehicle you were in. If said vehicle moves you move with it. If the vehicle flips other players will see you running in the air.

If anything I feel like desync adds some flair to the repetitive mission format.

I saw someone desync upwards today by about 100m - goddamn hilarious

On 8/20/2021 at 9:38 PM, cowhorseman said:

welcome to apb were your hitbox is always 5 seconds behind you 

My favorite is when carbine and oscar players used to desync real bad while spamming direction changes, and you'd fire right on them and their hitbox wouldn't be where their character was. I ended up firing off their character, sometimes ahead of, or behind, and hit them, but i had to aim off their model at times just to kill them.

20 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

5 seconds? Those are rookie numbers. I've done it for a few hours. I'm not being sarcastic it's lasted that long. If you don't jump, interact with objects like ladders and vehicles, or move too far from the vehicle, you will remain desynced.

This bug is not server related. The server tracks your real position just fine. You're only desynced to other players who were within 100M. Your position gets linked to the vehicle you were in. If said vehicle moves you move with it. If the vehicle flips other players will see you running in the air.

Remember when you could split your character camera from your character model? fun stuff, if i remember correctly you could "climb ladders" and stuff I believe and go into alleys, but your body was otherwise stuck.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:50 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

My favorite is when carbine and oscar players used to desync real bad while spamming direction changes, and you'd fire right on them and their hitbox wouldn't be where their character was. I ended up firing off their character, sometimes ahead of, or behind, and hit them, but i had to aim off their model at times just to kill them.

Remember when you could split your character camera from your character model? fun stuff, if i remember correctly you could "climb ladders" and stuff I believe and go into alleys, but your body was otherwise stuck.

You can still desync your character you just can't jump or climb ladders. I miss being able to float up to the dev's area on that really tall building. There's also a bug with cars where your character appears on one car's roof but you'r e actually standing on a different one. You can trigger it by blocking both car doors and teleporting when you exit. There's also a way to do it by bumping into the car the player is standing on. They're move onto your vehicle, but on their screen they're still standing on the other car. I wonder if this is triggered by the same code that causes you to stick to the car's door.

Its about lags, the more speed the more desync. I told this before and ive been laughed at by the "pro, cool and popular guys". Or either you die when getting out the car at speed or slow it down to reasonable levels to get down, or otherwise you cant get out. Another one is ragdoll, take damage and be unable to attack after a few seconds depending on speed. Not really that hard to be creative.

I said the same to switching hands, stop-aim-run in hip fire etc. All of quick movements create desync and should have been slowed down to reasonable levels, so people with acceptable ping can also play or buggy ghosting abuse movements would crap the game. "bUt mUh fAsT pAcEd gAeM..."

Can this be a reason as to why trying to hit people who are strafing super fast is near impossible?

On 8/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, MonkaS said:

This actually hasn't been an issue for many years its only been like 3~ at least the super bad car dsync hasn't. My guess is they removed or broke some kind of check because dsync wasn't nearly as bad in the past or they just have worse servers or maybe the anti-ddos measures add massive delays to those checks and cause huge dsync issues could easily see it being one of those 3.

I can't remember when car d-sync bug happened exactly. But the servers/game definitely got way worse some time after 2016 and sometime either shortly before/shortly after LO came to APB.

Sucks because I can't even casually play APB now without dealing with freezes, crashes, awful hit reg, teleporting players/rubberbanding, etc. Then cheaters on top of that of course as if it couldn't get worse.

Merged.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:30 AM, ChristmasElf said:

Its about lags, the more speed the more desync. I told this before and ive been laughed at by the "pro, cool and popular guys". Or either you die when getting out the car at speed or slow it down to reasonable levels to get down, or otherwise you cant get out. Another one is ragdoll, take damage and be unable to attack after a few seconds depending on speed. Not really that hard to be creative.

I said the same to switching hands, stop-aim-run in hip fire etc. All of quick movements create desync and should have been slowed down to reasonable levels, so people with acceptable ping can also play or buggy ghosting abuse movements would crap the game. "bUt mUh fAsT pAcEd gAeM..."

Also cars have a big problem in general, you shouldn't be able to simply enter a car for safety and then hop out and immediately start firing again. The abuse of car mechanics like this is really really boring for gameplay. I use it to troll noobs sometimes by hopping in and out of 5 civilian cars before they finally catch me after blowing up several cars lmao. But even can be abused vs decent players by using player vehicles that have high hp especially, and slow burn fuel makes it not even matter much if they do manage to blow your car up.

LO tried to nerf "car gameplay" by making blow torch weaker. But that didn't even address the issue properly. You shouldn't be able to hop out of ur car at full speed, or drift with it to use as cover, and then kill some dude instantly.

Sign in to follow this