Sign in to follow this  
Setian

Resupply grenade nerf... is a buff for car spawn spammers

Grenades

Grenades have been a central part of APB’s gameplay in recent years. Currently, especially at the higher player skill levels, players will have both of their grenades on them at almost all times. Players also frequently rely upon using more than 2 grenades per push, enabled by mods such as Field Supplier, Mobile Supply Unit and previously the consumable Resupply box. The Mobile Supply Unit in particular has also enabled the possibility for players to endlessly spam grenades into a corridor to completely deny access, much like the consumable Resupply box did in the past.

Therefore, we have adjusted the resupply delay timer from one to three seconds on Frag, Concussion, Percussion and Low-Yield Fragmentation grenades. This change is intended to not only create gaps between grenade explosions in an endless resupply scenario, but also present a risk when resupplying grenades mid-push. This change should lower the overall amount of grenade spam per mission.

Frag Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s
Concussion Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s
Percussion Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s
Low-Yield Fragmentation Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s

Guys this is a massive slap in our faces...

I understand next to a resupply it is frustrating when people spam you with grenades.

But at the same time... before we can even contest in a mission we need to destroy many spawn cars, wasting all our grenades before heading to the mission so to resupply I gotta wait longer before I can enter in a mission with full power. This is 6-9 seconds of the mission wasted.

Spawn cars are still a huge problem in this game... a skilled player dies only a few times so the timer on car spawns doesn't matter that much. The less fortunate/skilled players suffer the most against players with car spawns all over the mission area.

Now with this nerf on resupply its even harder to contest teams with 4 car spawns or more in the mission area.

If you guys nerf the resupply on grenades you also need to nerf the re spawn of a car with car spawn mod in it (reset the timer to 0 when a mission is over to make it fair).

Any time when I destroy their spawn car they just spawn a new one... it is so annoying, its like fighting against spawns instead of players...

I've been complaining a lot about spawn cars (not on this forum) and I'm somewhat happy with the previous nerf on spawning inside a car but its still my number 1 frustration and not enough. It makes doing the mission feel very unbalanced and I would even prefer to remove the mod entirely. 

48 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

It is about time they add the condition: Invalid if objective within 55m.

It should be 100M since that's what players are limited to. It should also have a 50M blocking radius from opposing players.

3 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

It should be 100M since that's what players are limited to. It should also have a 50M blocking radius from opposing players.

Yep, that's even better

Hmm aren't players limited to 150m? I really never be able to spawn closer than 150m.

Unless its a car spawn of course I can spawn 5m from the mission which is insanely OP.

Yes and most players, and players that are new think the server is lagging.

Its a pretty negative effect overal.

APB 2 engine upgrade will be dead on release if they keep awful changes like 3 second grenade resupply. obviously changes made by a noob player or someone who doesn't even play the game.

they should just rebalance all the useless guns to be somewhat useful. fix servers. ban hackers.

No. Never encountered this problem....if ur complaining about car spawns it means ur probably leaving the area ur defending to go do drive-bys on respawning players. for kills sake. Just toxic. and the areas ur combing, the players is spawning in the car instead. Coincidence, i think not. The grenade change brought about a new meta. Lowering the skill gap a little for noobs.

1 hour ago, Theronguard said:

No. Never encountered this problem....if ur complaining about car spawns it means ur probably leaving the area ur defending to go do drive-bys on respawning players. for kills sake. Just toxic. and the areas ur combing, the players is spawning in the car instead. Coincidence, i think not. The grenade change brought about a new meta. Lowering the skill gap a little for noobs.

Car spawns have always been abused by good players, along with cars in general since the player vehicles are ridiculously high health and can be repaired with blowtorch to survive stupid amounts of damage.

Grenade nerf should have just been to the max distance of the grenade, thats the only real issue with grenades. They reset your health regeneration even if they only lightly hit you. Its basically impossible to avoid being hit from a barrage of grenades from 2+ players. That is meant to be the job of OPGL, we don't need grenade spam meta on top of OPGL already existing 🙂 But grenade nerf to resupply speed is just an annoying inconvenience and doesn't do anything, its not like you can tell when the enemy is resupplying and then you go and attack them...

• Like 1

Exaclty, these changes doesn't benefit the new players at all.

Just like largeAPBgamer said, the car spawns get moslty abused by good players

• Like 1