Sakebee

Med Spray Patch Announcement

Hello everyone,

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 8/18/2021. The patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

OVERVIEW

This update contains the long-anticipated Med Spray change as well as a number of small tweaks to tune weapons that previously got a little too much love. The patch notes below detail each change as well as some of our reasoning behind those changes. As always, we encourage you to try them out and let us know your feedback in the forums. 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

Weapon Balance

OCA-EW / OCA-EW SD

The last balance pass for the OCA placed it above all of the other SMGs by a decent margin. It has become clear that the changes were a little too aggressive, so we are pulling them back for the OCA-EW, OCA-EW SD and Whisper.

• Fire Interval: 0.096 -> 0.1
  • Bloom recovery per second: 5.35 -> 5.15
  • Maximum Bloom: 0.66 -> 0.7
  • Crouch Modifier: 0.95 -> 1.0
  • Effective range: 17.5m -> 30m
  • Min damage range: 25m -> 50m

OCA Whisper

The Whisper was mostly reverted to its previous state, with one exception: the additional accuracy intended to offset the Whisper’s lack of Cooling Jacket has not been reverted, but instead has been slightly decreased.

• Fire Interval: 0.096 -> 0.1
  • Bloom recovery per second: 5.35 -> 5.15
  • Maximum Bloom: 0.66 -> 0.7
  • Effective Range: 30m -> 50m
  • Accuracy at 10m: 33 -> 34 (used to be 36)

N-tec 5

After the buffs to the N-tec’s 5 maximum bloom, it quickly became the jack of all trades for Assault Rifles again, leaving little to no room for other Assault Rifles that are less versatile to exist in the meta without the player feeling like they made the wrong choice overall. Consequently, we are reverting the N-tec 5’s maximum bloom buff. We will be keeping an eye on the Scoped N-tec 5 as the meta develops, though there are no current changes for that gun at this time.

• Maximum Bloom: 2.1 -> 2.4

Joker SR15 Carbine

With the buffs to the OCA in the last major balance pass, we feared the Joker Carbine would quickly fall off and not find a place to compete anymore without some buffs to compensate. Given the changes in this patch to the OCA, we deemed it best to also pull back on the Joker Carbine’s power by reverting its Bloom per shot buff from the last pass. The Joker Carbine will keep its reserve ammo buff, however.

• Bloom per shot: 0.2 -> 0.23

Obeya CR762

The Obeya CR762’s very high over-damage, when combined with its very fast tap-fire capability (even at long range), places the gun as one of the conspicuously highest pressure long range weapons in the game, able to reach its optimum performance at ranges up to 77 meters when combined with Improved Rifling 3.

Consequently, we are lowering the Obeya CR762's damage from 245 per shot to 220. This change will not only reduce its 5 shot to kill range by 5 meters across the board, but it will also make it slightly less oppressive to play against, as 4 shots will now result in 880 damage dealt as opposed to the almost lethal 980.

• Health Damage: 245 -> 220

Stabba -  PIG

This change was meant to be in the game quite a while ago, but was missed at the time, so we are shipping it in this patch instead.

• Stamina Damage: 675 -> 750

Med Spray

Med Spray has been a hot topic within the community ever since the buff, as it allowed players to go from being almost dead to being back to full HP within roughly two seconds. We have heard your feedback and are removing the double health regeneration as well as adjusting the description to match this change.

• Removed the Double Health Regeneration.
  • Removed the part that says “You get the added benefit of doubling your base health regeneration.” in the description.

Grenades

Grenades have been a central part of APB’s gameplay in recent years. Currently, especially at the higher player skill levels, players will have both of their grenades on them at almost all times. Players also frequently rely upon using more than 2 grenades per push, enabled by mods such as Field Supplier, Mobile Supply Unit and previously the consumable Resupply box. The Mobile Supply Unit in particular has also enabled the possibility for players to endlessly spam grenades into a corridor to completely deny access, much like the consumable Resupply box did in the past.

Therefore, we have adjusted the resupply delay timer from one to three seconds on Frag, Concussion, Percussion and Low-Yield Fragmentation grenades. This change is intended to not only create gaps between grenade explosions in an endless resupply scenario, but also present a risk when resupplying grenades mid-push. This change should lower the overall amount of grenade spam per mission.

• Frag Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s
  • Concussion Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s
  • Percussion Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s
  • Low-Yield Fragmentation Grenade resupply delay: 1s -> 3s

Frag Grenade

Frag grenades have been the most common grenade type at almost all levels of play because of their unforgiving nature and very high kill pressure, allowing players to be at a huge advantage when pushing even after a less than ideal grenade throw.

Therefore, to scale back this pressure slightly, we have reduced the frag grenade's maximum damage radius from 4 to 3 meters. This change means players have to be slightly more accurate with their grenade throws to maximize their potential, as players on the receiving end of a badly thrown grenade will now lose less of their HP as a result.

• Maximum damage radius 4m -> 3m

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

but like, why is the jg still able to fire as fast as it can? 🤔

• Like 3

Just now, L0pht said:

Nice the game is dead. Nobody CARES

I care. Which just made your post invalid! 🙂

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Iazer said:

but like, why is the jg still able to fire as fast as it can? 🤔

Because shotguns should shoot really fast.

Todesklinge might aswell be in charge of balancing at this point, legit would make this game more interesting

• Like 9

Nice going guys, takes 1 glance at these changes to realise these changes are for the worse. Just like the previous ones 👏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Where are the thumper buffs?

• Like 4

why is the infinite grenade supplier in cars not deleted still?And why is oca whisper a rifle now?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Because shotguns should shoot really fast.

OCA: requires tracking and 8 bullets to hit while having shit rng, got such a high ttk to be able to compete with JG

Noobs: Ye nerf that shit way too OP

JG: turn your monitor off hit 2 shots while 1 shot is able to do 756 damage (almost as much as a fucking HVR), corner camp everything cuz noone can hit you. 0.65ttk btw.

Noobs: Ye. it's fine.

why are u SPCT?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sciaN said:

why is the infinite grenade supplier in cars not deleted still?And why is oca whisper a rifle now?

Whisper was originally like this.  Although it has 50m range, the accuracy is so bad that you typically wont hit anything beyond probably 30m.  Part of RPs weird p2w nonsense from back in the day.

1 hour ago, Infinito said:

I care. Which just made your post invalid! 🙂

I care too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owzzy said:

Where are the thumper buffs?

this.

can't believe LO forgot to buff thumper.

oh and OBIR remains useless....

Edited by Uhtdred

I thinks 50m is too much for the whisper...shouldn't it be 40m like the atac? 

CSG buff:

How about 3m base range or 15cm/s marksman speed more🙂 ? To compete with true ogre? Etc.

OPGL nerf

How about a charge up like the EOLs  and osmaws etc.

Its kinda hard to compete when u dont have flak jacket unlocked :(. 

Merged.

15 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

OBIR remains useless....

Not any more now as obey cr 762 is nerfed. Saw some noobs dominating with it yesterday its more of a teamwork gun. Idk 

Edited by Theronguard
adding
  • Like 1

Glad to see we're getting some support on the current gamestate: hopefully (no I'm not on copium) this is just the starting point for tweaking or fixing some of the things that need it.

• Like 1

Buffs?

I feel like u guys want to experiment, I repeat, experiment with focken meta weapons instead of taking a look at non-meta/total trash guns. No, I don't expect a legit weapon balance from you anymore, but good lord, DO SOMETHING WITH UNPOPULAR GUNS. 

And don't make us wait for months... please?

My overview on changes tho:

OCA/SD/Whisper shouldn't be different in the first place, let alone the whisper shooting like a laser, 50m range will make it OSCAR killer despite the reduced ttk. Leave it with current bloom/fire rate changes but reduce the range by 20m. 

N-TEC shouldn't be touched at all, period. Take a look at Ursus already, it will overkill current Obeya now.

Speaking of which, Obeya is the most versatile rifle now, not to mention macro mfs abusing it. I think we could give it a try, BUT this change makes preset "Below-Zero" completely useless now, and I even wanted to buy one someday... sad. Maybe you guys should take care about Armas weapons which give you some income... or remove damage penalty for Heavy Barrel at least.

SR-15 won't suffer much of this, I hope. Yet again, carbine is abused heavily by macro users.

Thanks for almost reverting PIG. wp.

Nade spam is overestimated but yeah why not fk over skilled players.

Frag nades is nerfed because of same reason above.

Medspray is nerfed for good and it's best change of this patch.

Verdict: Make me in charge of the weapon balance and I will make everything usable and versatile, at least it will make some more sense than your "balance".

NZ

Edited by Nagletz
  • Like 2

"oops im outta nades and half ammo, lets just give em a kill so i can spawn with stock." <InsertGolfClapHere>

I like the medspray fix tho *Finally*

Edited by Datpaper420
medspray <3

OCA-SD is still the worst smg, it shoots slower than oca-ew considering everyone uses cj on it and it doesn't have the range of oca whisper, it doesn't even have crouch modifier of oca whisper. Please bring back OCA-SD Silverado and Iron Reaper tomorrow. These changes for it only make sense if it has cj on it.

4 hours ago, Nagletz said:

DO SOMETHING WITH UNPOPULAR GUNS. 

Weapon balance will always be ongoing, and yes, I would also love to see some buffs to underused weapons like the Norsemen, ISSR-A, LCR or even the SBSR Rifle / Sniper. The list goes on, however, if you want to make these guns viable with things such as the OCA, Cr762 etc existing in their current state then you will have to buff them to an extend in which they will likely feel overpowered or simply unfun to play against, much like the current OCA. After this patch, there shouldn't be anything that is massively over the top which leaves much more room for diversity and also make it easier to buff weapons without running the risk of making them overpowered just to fit in a meta in which weapons are unhealthily strong.

4 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Verdict: Make me in charge of the weapon balance and I will make everything usable and versatile, at least it will make some more sense than your "balance".

As per usual, every player is very much welcome to give their feedback and provide suggestions for weapon balance changes. APBDB and the new version that is still in development gives you every stat as well as working range curves (on the dev db). If you want to make suggestions with values then you can do so freely.

APBDB
Dev DB

6 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

Can you update these stats to the APB DataBase site as well?

These should be updated on the DB at some point, keep in mind its ran by a community member, not Little Orbit.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 2

Add a negative effect to Med Spray.

- Is Med Spray active, you gain +30% more damage from incoming fire.

Remove Grenades for Personal use, this makes every Grenade Launcher useless!

Only Low Yield are for players.

To much player can throw a Grenade to your head on any distance, without to lose a primary weapon slot!