Sign in to follow this  
Trivirium

Option to remove parts on cars?

So I had a thought.

I know they're usually trash but, I thought that the option to remove parts on cars while customizing could be a nice addition. They have (for the most part) very detailed internals and when the hood breaks/bends it exposes the engine and whatnot. So why not be able to remove the hood? Or take out the head/tail lights. Maybe even bumpers? The new "mad max"ish customization could be endless. And it'd be pretty cool to just have exposed engines anyways.

Oh, and while doing this I faintly remember someone saying something in an old thread about "it'd defeat the purpose of having armored engines" and whatnot in the game lore. BUT I do agree if someone were to remove quarter panels or doors that it wouldn't be a bare skeleton, Most likely with some sort of metal plating, probably the heavier looking based on the vehicles weight (Nulander "class" having thick 10mm plating or something) But as far as the engine goes, It'd def show the armored engine bay, there's no way it wouldn't. But as for the top side. (nades being thrown in and whatnot) If that's an issue just add a clear bullet resistant plastic hood. Or have the option of a top armor plate. Kinda like the Waragi plate but it'd be thinner and go between the heatsheilding in the hood.

Just some thoughts, curious to hear what you guys think.

I am ok with this but only if we add in a Nun outfit. and like a 71 buick style car

I think some parts to be removed could look cool... but you can't really customize the engine bay, or I guess trunk if that can come off... The roof would be the only thing... but... that could be deceiving to new players, why they're not killing people that have the 'top down' on their car. I think a fabric top on some cars as a new body part would look great.

If it means I will be able to remove the annoying plastic part on the T-25, then yes.

Personally i am all for customization,the more,the better.Even if someone doesn't like some cust/on aspect they are not obligated to use it.

you used to be able to bug parts off the cars, I had a moirai with no hood for ages, and the engine bay was fully detailed and ready for it, and I'm sure others are too.

Personally would like to see it back aswell.

Taking the parts off of cars won't look good as there isn't proper modeling under them, so it'll just look glitchy as hell.

The engine bay is just there so you can see something when it dents, rather than a empty void. Same goes to the trunk space.

And the insides of vehicles (engine bay, trunk, interior) are super undetailed and gross to look at.

This would ask the pc for more resourses and not everybody has a high-end pc 😏 I don't think this should be implemented, im fine with the customization as it is now.

3 minutes ago, Deathshow99 said:

This would ask the pc for more resourses and not everybody has a high-end pc 😏 I don't think this should be implemented, im fine with the customization as it is now.

If anything doing this would use less resources.

Even if it did use more resources, you wouldn't feel the difference.

8 hours ago, Clandestine said:

If this would allow to remove ugly plastic on T-25 etc I'm in

Yes!!!

Since coming back I have found a few of my cars in my mailbox have glitched and are now missing parts. A buddy of mine drives them and loves the uniqueness of them. I can't 'fix' them as any changes won't save.

Speaking of T-25 plastic parts, removing parts wouldn't fix that issue, as they're part of the body and not a standalone item.

Unless you'd like driving around in a chassis without any panels or doors.

They'd have to do it like they did it on the vaquero and pioneer, where they edited the complete vehicle and added a new "kit" that replaced the plastic with regular material.

Edited by GhosT

Drive around in a trashed half dismantled car, sounds cool if you could do it...

Reminds me of goat back in the day driving cars around with most of the parts missing. was kinda amusing but seemingly pointless though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Speaking of T-25 plastic parts, removing parts wouldn't fix that issue, as they're part of the body and not a standalone item.

Unless you'd like driving around in a chassis without any panels or doors.

They'd have to do it like they did it on the vaquero and pioneer, where they edited the complete vehicle and added a new "kit" that replaced the plastic with regular material.

Now where's that Futurama 'take my money' meme when I need it? My Kill Bill Wagon isn't right as a Montane.

9 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

Now where's that Futurama 'take my money' meme when I need it? My Kill Bill Wagon isn't right as a Montane.

How about nonsolid soft top (for boot) on Montane and T-25 for a lagre cargo?)

48 minutes ago, iTzHaze said:

Reminds me of goat back in the day driving cars around with most of the parts missing. was kinda amusing but seemingly pointless though.

Haha yes. He asked me for some starter cars once and I had no idea what he was going to do to them and then I saw them with barely any parts. I think I have a screenshot at home. Here is one of my vegas's that glitched in my mailbox...

cUTJpxK.jpg

22 minutes ago, MilitaryDispatcher said:

How about nonsolid soft top (for boot) on Montane and T-25 for a lagre cargo?)

The Montane's just a bad car but it can have designs on it. The T25 would be ideal if it wasn't for the plastic. I'm very surprised G1 didn't make a t-25 kit considering it wouldn't have fixed any game issues but would have made money.

10 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

The Montane's just a bad car but it can have designs on it. The T25 would be ideal if it wasn't for the plastic. I'm very surprised G1 didn't make a t-25 kit considering it wouldn't have fixed any game issues but would have made money.

The market isn't there. Nobody even uses the T-25 except newer players that can't afford the superior vehicles yet.

They probably looked at how many people bought fresno, kurai and moirai kits, and were like "ehhhh, rather not, better spend that employee money on the 18th vegas kit".

Edited by GhosT

dont forget allow me to lower my cars so i can pretend im a legit ricer with super low to the ground car that scrapes everywhere

oh and add an exhaust sound that sounds like a go kart and maybe some underglow neon lights

5 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

dont forget allow me to lower my cars so i can pretend im a legit ricer with super low to the ground car that scrapes everywhere

If you want a car that cant handle curbs and steps, just grab a Growl. 

huehuehuehuehue

• Like 1