Thornecroft

LO, why are you trying to make other games?

So I found this article: https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/descendent-studios-scores-big-win-in-descent-lawsuit

It states that LO filed a lawsuit (in 2019) against another developer (Descendent Studios), which ended a few days ago, resulting in LO now having sole responsibility to develop the belated game...which they haven't done since November 2020.

"The judge also pointed out that Little Orbit took several months [after November] to demand the game assets from Descendent Studios, a move that highlighted its apparent unwillingness to actually develop the game."

However, whether they have the ability to develop another game at the same time as APB is not the question. "Finally, Descendent Studios raised a concern that Little Orbit lacked the necessary funds to actually pay them. The judge agreed with this assessment". They might not be able to afford it.

Matt Scott. Why, when APB is already in the state its in, did you think you could develop another game alongside this? If you focused on APB from the start, and got it to a good state, then you could reasonably work on another project.

• Like 4

Probably for the best anyway, APBs been terrible for years now

• Like 1

Because Matt Scott realizes he bit off more than he could chew with APB, and is now screwing us all from behind.

Thanks for contributing to the death of APB Matt!

• Like 3

On 8/7/2021 at 2:10 AM, Euxoa said:

Because Matt Scott realizes he bit off more than he could chew with APB, and is now screwing us all from behind.

You guys all know it better how about you make a crowdfund to buy APB of Little Orbit. I would start by donating you guys a dollar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 1:10 AM, Euxoa said:

Well I'm glad someone at least tried rather than leaving APB for dead until nobody bothered to pay the server costs any more. It makes your last sentence all the more ironic, considering APB likely wouldn't even be around at all now if it weren't for LO and MS.

I swear none of you complainers know the first thing about the complexities of game development, especially ones in such poor technical state as APB.

• Like 1

I ve knew it. It wont get any further ,as I can still not play this game just because of the old engine and my GPU doesnt support this garbage of a game.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:15 PM, Atomkraftwerk said:

I ve knew it. It wont get any further ,as I can still not play this game just because of the old engine and my GPU doesnt support this garbage of a game.

I got better FPS on a machine from 2012 than I do on my new machine. its so choppy. Very unplayable.

Edited by Controversy

On 8/8/2021 at 10:39 PM, JunoSuzuki said:

You guys all know it better how about you make a crowdfund to buy APB of Little Orbit. I would start by donating you guys a dollar.

I'll donate 20$ every month just to get my hopes back from them.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:42 PM, Rhiza said:

It makes your last sentence all the more ironic, considering APB likely wouldn't even be around at all now if it weren't for LO and MS.

You're talking like it's a bad thing, i would prefer the game to be officially dead instead of this, there was a game which officially became dead and the reason was the popularity was too low and the company was going bankrupt to keep the game working, not even going to lie i would donate my liver to a developer team like that, at least they didn't lie and were open about the state of the game where there was mostly a cheater, they did a fresh start and the game is alive again now.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, Rhiza said:

Well I'm glad someone at least tried rather than leaving APB for dead until nobody bothered to pay the server costs any more. It makes your last sentence all the more ironic, considering APB likely wouldn't even be around at all now if it weren't for LO and MS.

I swear none of you complainers know the first thing about the complexities of game development, especially ones in such poor technical state as APB.

i mean isnt it a scam to sell the "hope for Engine upgrade"  as a bait to spend on this game ? and I believe that should be a crime, along people encouraging this bait are like accessory to this crime.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 10:39 AM, ViolaDeWynter said:

This is somewhat unrelated but what is your signature post supposed to prove?

All I see is a thread being closed because several people can't decide whether or not a certain group is evil or not. (Obviously not going to be specific due to the nature of the topic)