Sign in to follow this  
NotTheEnforcer

Glory Days Gone By.....

I dont know how to actually input the video into the forums instead of just linking, RIP

Man, I remember my very first memory of playing this game. I was maybe 12-ish. My character, as per the comical norm, was a grossly fat man with an afro. I ran out into the road, having unknowingly gotten into a mission. No idea what to do, and then proceeded to get run over by a car. Didnt know if it was traffic or a player, couldnt tell what was going on. It was chaos and it was perfect. Then I started learning, and having the most fun I had ever had. Some of my best memories in gaming still lie with APB. 

Days long gone...

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Like 2

YouTube links should automatically embed upon pasting them into the reply field. Kinda odd it didn't happen for you there.

As much as I don't want to be another brick in the wall there... that old login screen theme really was something, huh? I much prefer it over the current BWOOOOOM we get upon starting the game up. I'm in a weird spot about Farfletched's theme for APB — I don't think it's bad in terms of quality (and in some ways I think it fits the gritty "urban warfare" atmosphere of this setting), but... I guess the grandiose opening has lost its grandeur to me.

My earliest memories in APB consist of being overly proud of my laughably basic-looking outfit and being happy about finally getting my hands on a no-slot Charge Cisco for my character. Then, when I switched to launching the game through Steam and not through the GamersFirst Launcher, my first Steam character had his outfit be based on Ness from EarthBound for no other reason than "I could". I think I even got a Joker Carbine lease out of "joining" APB as a Steam player.

Hell, over the years I've made friends in this game. I'm still engaged in the community, I still post in Discord servers dedicated to it, I got to meet so many people through it — and if the interaction was more amicable than smacktalk during the matches, chances are I'm still familiar with those people.

It's kinda weird, actually, to think about how I'm still in this game, almost a decade later. Sure, we've fallen on hard times, that much is self-evident, but as for myself, I'm staying here until the bitter end (not that I hope it ever comes to that). I believe that if we are to turn APB around, we've got a lot of work to do — and I mean all of us. Beyond Little Orbit making sure the mechanical foundation of APB works properly, we as a community will have to try to bring in new players by generating talk about the game, creating content that'll people get to see, helping new players find their way around San Paro and the game's mechanics... all that stuff.

also, bring back old login screen theme :^)

Edited by mtz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Eviltara said:

Oh.my.god. we need this login back 

I rerolled for the first time in ages the other day; hearing that music in the character creator is such a nostalgia trip 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, UpholdThePeace said:

I rerolled for the first time in ages the other day; hearing that music in the character creator is such a nostalgia trip 

Do they really still have it in the character creator stage?

Then what the hell is stopping them from putting the main menu back lmao, since apparently the resources are still there. Hell, the entire old main menu system is probably still in the files somewhere, just waiting to be called on😭

Merged.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, mtz said:

YouTube links should automatically embed upon pasting them into the reply field. Kinda odd it didn't happen for you there.

Fixed it, the video clipped the time from when I was listening to it lol. Guess it wont embed itself if its not starting from the beginning

Hell, over the years I've made friends in this game.

Same, I met 4 of my closest online friends in APB. 2 of them still occasionally (very occasionally at this point), hop on every now and then. The other 2 left APB some time ago and I dont blame them.

It's kinda weird, actually, to think about how I'm still in this game, almost a decade later. Sure, we've fallen on hard times, that much is self-evident, but as for myself, I'm staying here until the bitter end (not that I hope it ever comes to that). I believe that if we are to turn APB around, we've got a lot of work to do — and I mean all of us. 

1000%. This game was a substantial portion of my childhood entertainment, and I couldnt, and can never, leave this game. Even if it fully dies Im still keeping this on a drive just in case. If it comes down to it, Id happily fund a revival of it in the future. Hopefully itll never come to that and the game can be amazing once again, but theres a lot of work to do before then from all of us. I try not to be a downer as much as I can, but reality can be a bummer. It seems an impossible task to get this game back in the limelight, but we've done harder shit before. This can be done, and Im staying here through it all.

• Like 2

the login is nostalgic. i use it every week in my maintance streams. but i got also fond memory's of apb. and thats going to stay .

On 7/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, TzickyT said:

the login is nostalgic. i use it every week in my maintance streams. but i got also fond memory's of apb. and thats going to stay .

You wendsday streams are legend.

Sign in to follow this