Alex3850

Ghosting when arresting not fair

In this video you can see me struggling to arrest a enemy, is this intended? Because i would say that's not fair. I don't want that guy to be banned for ghosting, i just want the developers to maybe change the mechanics of that. I'm sorry if this was already requested but as @Kevkof suggested me to do, i made this post to make sure.

I know the audio is out of sync.

• Like 1

Eh. This is such a super rare occurrence and the changes required to fix it really wouldn't be worth it.

I would report that person in the morai for interfering/greifing.

It is a rare occurrence, but it's something that has always been overlooked by all previous devs I suspect.

This 'ghosting' sadly doesn't only occur when playing LTL, it can happen in any mission. If it can be resolved, all the better. If it can't then we'll just have to live with that

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Eh. This is such a super rare occurrence and the changes required to fix it really wouldn't be worth it.

That's true.

I remember when you could stop someone from using the Field Supplier FnMod_Character_FieldSupplier.png ghosting into him with a car, but now you can't. And you could choose where to supply, as opposed to where you stun the enemy you have to arrest him too.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 7:11 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

But it DID happen.... Zombie.

Yes, more important stuff must be adressed first (like the exploion particles giving me a fps of 18). But this IS definitely needed at some point.

(Just make sure that crims don't get a mug-a-civilian-for-free-cause-you-cannot-witness-OR-disrupt-me_scenario)

On 6/16/2018 at 1:11 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Do you have a software development background? I notice you think a lot of things require a lot of work to implement, despite that many of suggested changes already exist in other parts of the code base. I will agree if you mean't that there are more pressing issues for LO to focus on.

Edited by Spudinskes

On 6/16/2018 at 12:11 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

excuse me? this is a huge problem. they can block drop offs. they can push objectives. they can do stuff like this here in the video. THIS is one of the game killing factors. people just troll all day.

i suggest making anyone outside of your mission simply some thing you can phase through.

is it a lot of work? yes.

will it make the game better? yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

Do you have a software development background? 

Yes. I do.

23 minutes ago, Hyenard said:

excuse me? this is a huge problem. they can block drop offs. they can push objectives. they can do stuff like this here in the video. THIS is one of the game killing factors. people just troll all day.

i suggest making anyone outside of your mission simply some thing you can phase through.

is it a lot of work? yes.

will it make the game better? yes.

If we go back like 5 years in time sure, it was more of a problem. But now? Not really, almost no one does it anymore.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes. I do.

If we go back like 5 years in time sure, it was more of a problem. But now? Not really, almost no one does it anymore.

with a possible revival. if we see players come back and new players stay. dont you think the same thing will happen again?

you have to fix the problem while you still can before people just quit again.

Well guys there are some good things and some bad things, for example ghosting could be a good thing when you're following an enemy and because he can't drive he crashes on another player, on the other hand if you have to do a drop off and someone just wants to stop you at any cost that's bad. But I would say that for me, it's ok if a random guy crashes on you when you're doing the drop off but not intentionally and repeatedly.

I think this is more related to having active GMs and proper reporting system, rather than disabling parts of the mechanics that make APB unique. And no, I don't mean trolling, but rather that you're in a world together with other players, and not closed off in your own instance for each mission.

14 hours ago, Dopefish said:

I think this is more related to having active GMs and proper reporting system, rather than disabling parts of the mechanics that make APB unique. And no, I don't mean trolling, but rather that you're in a world together with other players, and not closed off in your own instance for each mission.

I would say the best option is to make it like the Field Supplier, you can still use it when you're pushed by a car but you get moved, maybe like if someone tries to push you when you're arresting you continue arresting and the enemy get pushed with you.

It's hard to do something about this, because they can't change player behavior, they could make players not in your mission solid so you can't move them. Make it so you drive straight through them if they're in an action. But I'm not to knowledgeable about this. 

I do believe this is a major issues, ghosting/griefing player WHILE they are in a mission, it's just totally unfair, but to be honest here matt did mention him fixing this, he was talking about something like removing the ability to interfere with any player that is in a mission, you can only visually interact with him, which is great imo.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:11 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

not true, thats griedfing it was bannable in the past and should still be bannable. But no new rules needed indeed. LO needs to deal with these kind of bad elements in the community.

2 hours ago, Recenite said:

I do believe this is a major issues, ghosting/griefing player WHILE they are in a mission, it's just totally unfair, but to be honest here matt did mention him fixing this, he was talking about something like removing the ability to interfere with any player that is in a mission, you can only visually interact with him, which is great imo.

how so? woudl cars now drive through each other?  if so, enjoy how dumptrucks and patriots start drivng into you blocking your view. People intentionally playing evil and abusive should be punished. Letting them roam around is exactly why the APB community is one of those very toxic ones.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:21 PM, LilyV3 said:

not true, thats griedfing it was bannable in the past and should still be bannable. But no new rules needed indeed. LO needs to deal with these kind of bad elements in the community.

how so? woudl cars now drive through each other?  if so, enjoy how dumptrucks and patriots start drivng into you blocking your view. People intentionally playing evil and abusive should be punished. Letting them roam around is exactly why the APB community is one of those very toxic ones.

then enlighten us with a solution, that is what this thread for.

There is a fix that already existed....

Take a look at the "Mayor Jane Derren's San Paro First Ever Open Conflict Easter Egg Hunt 2015"

When you were mugg..... never mind Just watch.

Getting run over while mugging (just pretend he's arresting) But the action continue's regardless of being moved.

(G1 I'm still upset you dident switch this event on for 2018 Looks like fun)

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

There is a fix that already existed....

Take a look at the "Mayor Jane Derren's San Paro First Ever Open Conflict Easter Egg Hunt 2015"

When you were mugg..... never mind Just watch.

Getting run over while mugging (just pretend he's arresting) But the action continue's regardless of being moved.

(G1 I'm still upset you dident switch this event on for 2018 Looks like fun)

I remember doing that event it was awesome, too bad they didn't do it again...

I don't remember that mugging acted like that during that event, but i don't have a good memory soo....

9 hours ago, Alex3850 said:

I remember doing that event it was awesome, too bad they didn't do it again...

I don't remember that mugging acted like that during that event, but i don't have a good memory soo....

i remember devil dog's voice actor sending me a signed copy of the game (so my memory is worse then yours)