Y2Venom

LO are you purposly letthing this game die ?

7 hours ago, SpuzvaBob said:

I've had to remove a substantial amount of posts in this thread. Please remember to keep discussions on topic, civil, and to refrain from personal attacks. If a user is bothering you, please use the ignore function that can be accessed from the user profile.

-Spuzva

Apologies

9 hours ago, SpuzvaBob said:

I've had to remove a substantial amount of posts in this thread. Please remember to keep discussions on topic, civil, and to refrain from personal attacks. If a user is bothering you, please use the ignore function that can be accessed from the user profile.

-Spuzva

Apologies.

The game is one again in an uplayable state for golds, which makes up most of your playerbase. We had 2 good days in NA with almost full server, and bronze only is barely pushing 20 each side. 

Remove threat segregation already so you can keep the players you have left. You've done it before, and you can do it again. A lot of my friend group have already officially quit, and I'm nearing it as well. You're losing us LO.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Euxoa said:

The game is one again in an uplayable state for golds, which makes up most of your playerbase. We had 2 good days in NA with almost full server, and bronze only is barely pushing 20 each side. 

Remove threat segregation already so you can keep the players you have left. You've done it before, and you can do it again. A lot of my friend group have already officially quit, and I'm nearing it as well. You're losing us LO.

It's unfortunately obvious at this point that they don't plan on making any changes before the engine upgrade 'comes out', all they're currently doing is hemorrhaging the players they have left by not making simple changes that surely wouldn't require much time or manpower to implement. 

We're not asking for huge swathes of content or to fix every issue people have with the game (because yes, that's impossible) - it's simple things to make it playable now, stuff like anticheat, threat seg, and following through on reverting medspray (when did they bring this up again??). 

Despite the rant I do wish Matt & his team the best of luck with their workload, but I do think neglecting the current game-state entirely was a questionable call, it's not as though revenue will come back in on a free to play game after its updated, you need a player base for that. 

Edited by UpholdThePeace
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UpholdThePeace said:

It's unfortunately obvious at this point that they don't plan on making any changes before the engine upgrade 'comes out', all they're currently doing is hemorrhaging the players they have left by not making simple changes that surely wouldn't require much time or manpower to implement. 

We're not asking for huge swathes of content or to fix every issue people have with the game (because yes, that's impossible) - it's simple things to make it playable now, stuff like anticheat, threat seg, and following through on reverting medspray (when did they bring this up again??). 

Despite the rant I do wish Matt & his team the best of luck with their workload, but I do think neglecting the current game-state entirely was a questionable call, it's not as though revenue will come back in on a free to play game after its updated, you need a player base for that. 

I vividly remember LO saying “we reverted medspray and are going to push the update this week” like 2 months ago LMAO

2 hours ago, Euxoa said:

golds, which makes up most of your playerbase

This has never been the case. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This has never been the case. 

100% the case. Most of the remaining playerbase is golds, or silvers that dethreat from golds. Once in a blue moon will i see anyone genuinely silver or bronze.

As an SPCT, you don't know much about the current APB pop.

Edited by Euxoa
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Euxoa said:

100% the case. Most of the remaining playerbase is golds, or silvers that dethreat from golds. Once in a blue moon will i see anyone genuinely silver or bronze.

i'm going to touch on this a bit and say that cookie is correct here, at least in bronze districts i do see a large number of genuine silvers and bronzes, even a green at some point. silver district is filled with gold/gold dethreats though. i'm also only speaking on behalf of NA joker for this

Edited by seismi

7 hours ago, Euxoa said:

100% the case. Most of the remaining playerbase is golds

Must be why silver districts are so full. 

Insults aside, the bulk of the player base is now and always has been silver.

Edited by CookiePuss

8 hours ago, seismi said:

i'm going to touch on this a bit and say that cookie is correct here, at least in bronze districts i do see a large number of genuine silvers and bronzes, even a green at some point. silver district is filled with gold/gold dethreats though. i'm also only speaking on behalf of NA joker for this

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Must be why silver districts are so full. 

Insults aside, the bulk of the player base is now and always has been silver.

So when I hop on a smurf silver and go into bronze, how come I only see dethreated silvers and even some high rank bronze players trampling the “genuine silvers”…?

Edited by Euxoa

19 hours ago, Euxoa said:

So when I hop on a smurf silver and go into bronze, how come I only see dethreated silvers and even some high rank bronze players trampling the “genuine silvers”…?

Granted, there are even whole clans in bronze, exclusively made of dethreaters, who openly admit they are there just to "farm sh*tty silvers", there are smurfs with trial leases on their zillionth throw-away account, but bronze and silver players de facto make the majority of the player base in bronze districts.

• Like 1

i came back around to just point out we are nearing the end of summer and easter items are still up on armas 

2 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

i came back around to just point out we are nearing the end of summer and easter items are still up on armas 

This makes complete sense in the APB timeline to me, San Paro is stuck eternally in the early 2010s after all. 

12 hours ago, UpholdThePeace said:

This makes complete sense in the APB timeline to me, San Paro is stuck eternally in the early 2010s after all. 

Where we've been promised a Medspray nerf for a couple months as well.

Also, for previous arguments of my "rarely seeing real bronzes and silvers", may I turn your attention to this thread posted  back in July.

Edited by Euxoa

We can only hope that APB will live on and become at least half as good as it used to be. Its the game I have the most good memories from out of any game I have ever played. Everyone I have played with over the years does not play anymore and playing it solo is just not so fun anymore on top of all its other problems, so its annoying when I get the urge to play it since I still really like the game.

Nothing interesting going on in the game, besides grinding for JT's, while waiting for more JT store items.

Edited by xHenryman90x

LO are you purposly letthing this game die ?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:22 AM, Euxoa said:

spcts are washed players that hold no weight or mean anything at all. Golds make up the only population lmaooooo. Like a new player will touch this game that is gonna shut down soon. spcts shouldn't even be a thing tbh

11 hours ago, Jinsen said:

Like a new player will touch this game that is gonna shut down soon..

I won't speculate on this game future, your statement respecting its destiny may or may not be true, but I get to meet new players regardless, quite regularly.  

30 minutes ago, Bambola said:

but I get to meet new players regardless, quite regularly.  

They then quit the game within a few matches, due to being farmed by veterans that have dethreated to enter bronze district.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

They then quit the game within a few matches, due to being farmed by veterans that have dethreated to enter bronze district.

Because bronze district is often the only active district, yet we refuse to remove threat segregation which is the cause of a lot of dethreating issues to begin with.

(the rest of your statement is true though; I agree)

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

This is not necessarily true, nothing has changed for a long time, a lot of players were "farmed" by better ones when they were new to the game, yet here they are, still playing. Admittedly, some people quit the game within the first 100 hours, but not all of them do. I had a pretty rough start myself. 

5 hours ago, UpholdThePeace said:

Because bronze district is often the only active district, yet we refuse to remove threat segregation which is the cause of a lot of dethreating issues to begin with.

(the rest of your statement is true though; I agree)

Removing the threat segregation would definitely solve the problem of dethreating (and presumably help the lower populated districts/servers) but that doesn't mean it would benefit the new players and other, less skilled, older players in any way. Instead of facing popularly called "fake golds" they'd have to deal with actually good and well coordinated teams. I always have to repeat myself, the real problem lies in the players' mindset who tend to prey on the weaker opponents, not necessarily dethreating itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bambola said:

Removing the threat segregation would definitely solve the problem of dethreating (and presumably help the lower populated districts/servers) but that doesn't mean it would benefit the new players and other, less skilled, older players in any way. Instead of facing popularly called "fake golds" they'd have to deal with actually good and well coordinated teams. I always have to repeat myself, the real problem lies in the players' mindset who tend to prey on the weaker opponents, not necessarily dethreating itself.

And I would agree with you for the most part. But the mindset of players who want to be mean to other players isn't related to threat, it's just a part of any online game at all levels of play. 

Again this goes into the deeper issues of the matchmaking system but that's been hashed out to death as this point so I'll just acknowledge it and leave it at that. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I had to remove a few off-topic posts, please keep this thread on topic or unfortunately we will have to close it.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Azukii

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1