Y2Venom

LO are you purposly letthing this game die ?

This has been on my mind and its something that i go back and fourth with.  I really dont want to be negative about the game, i have great fun playing it, but i keep getting this feeling that its purposely being left to die for some reason. Have the community reach an all time low and then release a statement "due to low population, it wasn't feasible to keep the servers going"   Then maybe relaunch under a new owner, in which we have to purchase everything again and start from scratch.

I look at what is going on, on the US server, Citedel is not quite there yet, but with the same griefers being online day in day out, same griefers day in and day out, so much so we all know them as they have the time to establish themselves.  When LO took over we were all overjoyed with the news.I guess i, dont want to be let down by them.

• Like 1

probably one of the dumber conspiracy theories i've heard

• Like 2

Why would they buy the game to let it die on purpose.
They trying, not sure if it's gonna work, but they're trying.

tencent asians will save the game

2 hours ago, xiphos said:

Can you still play Fallen Earth?

After a long 10 year run, the original Fallen Earth servers were taken offline on October 14, 2019. Little Orbit is now working on an all-new reboot of the game.

You still on a mission to discredit people and their posts with out actually adding anything to the conversation.  Now back up your statement as to why its a dumb conspiracy ?  Use punctuation please, we are not children.

Edited by Y2Venom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

This has been on my mind and its something that i go back and fourth with.  I really dont want to be negative about the game, i have great fun playing it, but i keep getting this feeling that its purposely being left to die for some reason. Have the community reach an all time low and then release a statement "due to low population, it wasn't feasible to keep the servers going"   Then maybe relaunch under a new owner, in which we have to purchase everything again and start from scratch.

I look at what is going on, on the US server, Citedel is not quite there yet, but with the same griefers being online day in day out, same griefers day in and day out, so much so we all know them as they have the time to establish themselves.  When LO took over we were all overjoyed with the news.I guess i, dont want to be let down by them.

I waited 5yrs for guns to be abled to be purchased permanently (with jt tickets since i found they existed) other than Armas marketplace making the game finally f2p and ill do it again with the engine upgrade . LO isn't really dead set profit oriented like Gamersfirst or EA....(i thinks) even if the pop. reaches an alltime low the game would still be running because of its massive potential and uniqueness plus it did take 100mil to make.....imagine now. Your not really helping if LO really is at max capacity on the engine upgrade bringing up things they have documented to work on after TBH. 

• Like 1

Right now it's a Ghost Ship, Noone at the Helm.

With the exception of the volunteer forum moderators, no more in game gms, in order for it to be a conspiracy more than one would have to conspire to dump the game.

Yes they are trying, but they are trying towards their own agenda.

More like some company bought out a bunch of Flop games, n hired Matt n people like him to update n upgrade them.

And That company has deemed apb financially unviable, and or any investors toward that end may have pulled out

after it becoming a quagmire and a money pit.

Ya know if the few memes in this forum actually played NA, I would challenge Matt to boot up n come play NA.

Come n Look the dead horse in the face n ask him Why Mack cant do wheelies, ask it why out of the dozen peps that log into NA 8 are new names, that aren't even names or words, and I'm not talking about T ranks. full fledged mid to high rank.

Ask the horse why the latency yo yo's between 70-200 ms when my normal is 1-15ms, when these funky names are around, even in another instance. 

When I invest in something, i expect it to work. I paid for that car and for the kits n now no wheelies, n the fact that this is such a nominal thing to Lo and the Royal Forum Authority , tells me I really need to lookin for a better community. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Right now it's a Ghost Ship, Noone at the Helm.

With the exception of the volunteer forum moderators, no more in game gms, in order for it to be a conspiracy more than one would have to conspire to dump the game.

Yes they are trying, but they are trying towards their own agenda.

More like some company bought out a bunch of Flop games, n hired Matt n people like him to update n upgrade them.

And That company has deemed apb financially unviable, and or any investors toward that end may have pulled out

after it becoming a quagmire and a money pit.

Ya know if the few memes in this forum actually played NA, I would challenge Matt to boot up n come play NA.

Come n Look the dead horse in the face n ask him Why Mack cant do wheelies, ask it why out of the dozen peps that log into NA 8 are new names, that aren't even names or words, and I'm not talking about T ranks. full fledged mid to high rank.

Ask the horse why the latency yo yo's between 70-200 ms when my normal is 1-15ms, when these funky names are around, even in another instance. 

When I invest in something, i expect it to work. I paid for that car and for the kits n now no wheelies, n the fact that this is such a nominal thing to Lo and the Royal Forum Authority , tells me I really need to lookin for a better community. .

Last i logged in i was able to do wheelies a month or so ago... odd

17 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

After a long 10 year run, the original Fallen Earth servers were taken offline on October 14, 2019. Little Orbit is now working on an all-new reboot of the game.

You still on a mission to discredit people and their posts with out actually adding anything to the conversation.  Now back up your statement as to why its a dumb conspiracy ?  Use punctuation please, we are not children.

fallen earth wasn't "intentionally let die" - orbit couldn't justify the complex server maintenance needed on a regular basis and the game itself was very unstable so it was shut down, afaik it got so bad they were having to reboot the servers daily

its not really comparable to apb, which could be (and has been) left on autopilot while the upgrade work happens in the background

if you think its "discrediting" to point out how dumb it is to think a company would willfully tank a product that they paid a lot of money for and have put a lot of money/time into just so they might get the 400 people still playing to buy more cash shop items, then maybe you shouldn't blurt out such silly ideas

i have no idea what punctuation has to do with anything, if you have a hard time determining where sentences end then i'd recommend glasses

Edited by xiphos
edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xiphos said:

fallen earth wasn't "intentionally let die" - orbit couldn't justify the complex server maintenance needed on a regular basis and the game itself was very unstable so it was shut down, afaik it got so bad they were having to reboot the servers daily

its not really comparable to apb, which could be (and has been) left on autopilot while the upgrade work happens in the background

if you think its "discrediting" to point out how dumb it is to think a company would willfully tank a product that they paid a lot of money for and have put a lot of money/time into just so they might get the 400 people still playing to buy more cash shop items, then maybe you shouldn't blurt out such silly ideas

i have no idea what punctuation has to do with anything, if you have a hard time determining where sentences end then i'd recommend glasses

First of all anybody has to visit your profile and look at your past posts and numerous attempts to discredit and demean a poster without adding anything to the conversation.  Maybe when puberty passes you might be less angry and will be able to discuss like an adult.

With regards companies letting things die intentionally. It happens all the time in business for a variety of reasons. It doesn't matter if you spend a lot of money on it or not. To assume that this doesn't happen ever is idiotic so clearly you don't have any experience with such things, but then again you write like a child so maybe you don't have experience with much of anything.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 4:40 PM, Y2Venom said:

First of all anybody has to visit your profile and look at your past posts and numerous attempts to discredit and demean a poster without adding anything to the conversation.  Maybe when puberty passes you might be less angry and will be able to discuss like an adult.

With regards companies letting things die intentionally. It happens all the time in business for a variety of reasons. It doesn't matter if you spend a lot of money on it or not. To assume that this doesn't happen ever is idiotic so clearly you don't have any experience with such things, but then again you write like a child so maybe you don't have experience with much of anything.

I've seen much worse in evidence of other games being let to die. Apb isn't on that list. But ur opinion is noted.    

Merged.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:50 PM, xiphos said:

left on autopilot while the upgrade work happens in the background

Agreed. 

Edited by Theronguard
adding

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

really feels like you're the only angry one here tbh (altho im flattered you went to the trouble of reading my old posts), if it makes you feel better then i'm sorry i think your hypothesis is dumb

nowhere did i imply that companies in general never let things die, but i did say that orbit isnt going to continue to pay for a game they're intentionally sabotaging, all while generating negative pr, chasing off their customers, and just tarnishing their reputation in general, in the hopes of getting those same customers they chased away to spend more money

i don't have to be a big business mogul to see that costs orbit a whole lot of money for very little gain

I speak as a Fallen Earth player and share my experience.

While it is true that LO's intentions were good when they took the game, I did not saw any progress in the game, what is more, the big problem of lag increased exponentially and we had an hour or hours of daily maintenance. Although it is true that the game had a serious problem since it had a bug that players can duplicate objects, which brings down the entire market.

Regarding cheats, say that there are always in any game but in Fallen Earth we have known how to fight them, what we did not know how to fight was tiggs and his team of gangsters who banned directly and permanently for no reason (they said harashment when the only thing there was was an insult without importance at a given time in a battle).

About what happened since mattscot took the company I can say that matt played the game and saw how it was inside as a player, I think there was when he made the decisions that he had to make, of course, he was from a low population of people since game did not even reach a hundred players.

The game fallen earth servers were removed as well as you have put, and the communication of how the project was going at the beginning was good, but everything is drawback, base code problems and I do not know what more things that we do not understand those of us who do not know about computer science. The important thing is that I have sent tickets, many tickets!, And the answer is similar to the one made by the GM DASTARD, something like they tell you to go fry a fried egg, that there is no news and they let you fall like there is no future in game.

The only thing that saves this whole situation is mattscot that ....... "LAST WRITTEN ON MAY 18" saying " I have started looking at intermediate ways I can put things online for you guys to experiment with.

Please don't over hype this. I just realize this is taking longer than I planned, so I'm looking for near term solutions."

( you can check link):

Since May 18 he has not put anything back and if I see that he writes in apb for example. Does it cost a lot to write something? spike a little that plan you have? the feeling it gives is TOTAL ABANDONMENT and wanting to look good, I don't know if I'll be wrong!

I finish, I don't know if mattscot will see this. The important thing is that on the table he has more than 60 annual subscriptions that may be more and the only thing we ask is that the game return, with at least two maps, we do not ask for more! and keep updating the game.

It is honestly shameful that since May 18 we have not had any news, none! and seeing how apb is going, it follows the same path, I think and hope I'm wrong and that you do well, greetings!

Edited by Aroa Croft
  • Like 1

Game is back to an unplayable state for about 2 weeks now for golds (a majority of APB's pop) because everyone piles onto bronze smh

Edited by Euxoa

2 hours ago, Euxoa said:

Game is back to an unplayable state for about 2 weeks now for golds (a majority of APB's pop) because everyone piles onto bronze smh

Yeah, idk why we still have threat segregation on NA when it's actively killing more than half the already small remaining player base. 

But I suppose all they're focused on right now is the engine update which (if it happens) will be good, but won't bring back the players that are leaving right now because they are actually unable to play. 

On 7/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, Y2Venom said:

645199337663627274.png?v=1 megaphone_1f4e3.png THEY TRYING TO KILL THE GAME

Ah yes, buying a game to kill it after you had a successful line of mobile apps that made your company successful, makes complete sense, that's totally how i would drive my company for a bright future!

Edited by Ketog
🦍english

I don't think LO are deliberately killing the game, that would be stupid, they just bit off more than they could chew.

From where I'm sitting APB seems to be following a very similar trajectory to another game I used to play - Defiance.

Both games started off as commercial releases before going free to play, both games attempted to impliment a major upgrade with limited resources at their disposal, both games were abandoned by their original devs. Defiance is now dead and buried and I suspect it won't be long before APB joins it.

Edited by TheDogCatcher

Lets go full thinfoil hat here. 

What if the original G1 lied about the progress that was made on the EU and how close it was to releasing when LO bought APB. Half a year after the purchase LO finds out it needs years of development for release. The only option left for LO is to finish the EU and release it or write APB off as a financial loss.

And they choose the former, so here we are, no release date in sight and possibly another year(s) of development. :^) 

Lets Stop the Bull. Stop being in Denial. The Game "IS" Dead. 

You can't kill something that is already Dead.

Cry, Snivel and Sob, pout if that's your thing, But its Over. 

On 7/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, Y2Venom said:

Then maybe relaunch under a new owner, in which we have to purchase everything again and start from scratch.

Considering barely anyone even plays it, I doubt that is even a possibility unless it is a sequel on a modern engine. 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, ZoriaDunne said:

Why would they buy the game to let it die on purpose.

Because it is not making money anymore? It has been how many years since the purchase?

fallen earth is a brand that i personaly never enjoyed. for me its wierd to say that i got no problems if the game doesn't exist anymore. but compared to apb its also a game that some people loved to play. with apb having a bit more population than fallen earth had. i feel like they at least can put a donation goal on the website where people can pay to play on the servers.if that donation goal is not met for the month the servers wil shut down. thats the way i would see it.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 6:13 PM, xiphos said:

What wasn't conspiracy theory was G1 milking game out of cash and letting it die.

LO just tries to gather scraps and build something out of it.

5 minutes ago, Mitne said:

What wasn't conspiracy theory was G1 milking game out of cash and letting it die.

LO just tries to gather scraps and build something out of it.

I won't be so sure abut that. Considering the update hasn't changed visually since G1 times, it is actually questionable how much work has been done.

• Like 1

I've had to remove a substantial amount of posts in this thread. Please remember to keep discussions on topic, civil, and to refrain from personal attacks. If a user is bothering you, please use the ignore function that can be accessed from the user profile.

-Spuzva

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpuzvaBob said:

I've had to remove a substantial amount of posts in this thread. Please remember to keep discussions on topic, civil, and to refrain from personal attacks. If a user is bothering you, please use the ignore function that can be accessed from the user profile.

-Spuzva

kind of a sloppy job if im being honest