Hexerin

People are DoS'ing through Vivox again

Might be time to strip that service out of the game, like it should've been years ago.

Vivox has been off for a while, They are DDSing, probly pinging the log in server like in the old days.

really dont matter at this point, if ya can get in its a Hax Festival anyway.

Solid Hax, Trolls that play only to destroy the game.

What is it, is BE too expensive to run now, cuz i dont see it booting with the game.

Ya know it was a Game, now i need to find another one. I'm done waiting for an anti cheat, and or this Engine that supposedly will support a decent anticheat, fkn Tired of the license plate names comin in acting like they they Old Timers and not hackers.

I still find it ironically funny, that I cannot name shame the Marxists and talk politics, but its ok to talk about sodomizing my mother, its ok to discuss which hack is best for apb, its ok to call non hax smart, its ok to call everyone Gay. 

Your Community is akin to to a 4th grade lunch room of unsupervised punks

I am seeking other gaming options 🤬

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Look at it this way. When the servers get ddosed, its an indication that somebody has been banned recently. I derive satisfaction out of this.

• Like 6

Odd that this topic has come up again.

This brings to mind this statement by @Noob_Guardian;

On 6/20/2021 at 10:45 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

There used to be ways to do so, but those who did it were cheaters and have been banned (and I believe methods fixed). Most of the time people who dc'd others prefered to simply DDOS the whole game or crash districts while spamming bible verses...

So I thought that that exploit had been patched.

I was playing a few days ago over the weekend for a couple of hours and DC'ed 4 times.

The 1st time was withing the 1st hour.

The last 3 times occurred in a 20min period.

I thought that was a bit odd.

I'm not one to really believe in coincidences, and my internet was fine.

Hopped back on the district after a re-start and noone else was effected.

I may have upset a Yellow player or two.

There's always that possibility.

Edited by Westford

52 minutes ago, Westford said:

Odd that this topic has come up again.

This brings to mind this statement by @Noob_Guardian;

I was playing a few days ago over the weekend for a couple of hours and DC'ed 4 times.

The 1st time was withing the 1st hour.

The last 3 times occurred in a 20min period.

I thought that was a bit odd.

I'm not one to really believe in coincidences, and my internet was fine.

Hopped back on the district after a re-start and noone else was effected.

I may have upset a Yellow player or two.

There's always that possibility.

Yeah... My favorite has always been when you get within 5-10m of a "specific" character in mission, and suddenly your pc wants to crap out and freeze up and you die.

I've had a few wierd disconnect issues when im about to win and such, but I was never able to tell.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

My favorite has always been when you get within 5-10m of a "specific" character in mission, and suddenly your pc wants to crap out and freeze up and you die.

I have to ask, what exactly is your theory on this?

52 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I personally cannot attest or contribute any theories relative to @Noob_Guardian.

I have never encountered a time where my "proximity" to another player may or may not have been the contributing factor to my disconnect.

What I can do is provide a brief synopsis of what happened to me a few days ago.

Read on: For Entertainment purposes only.

The most interesting part of my story, is getting Disconnected 3 times in a 20min period.

Keep in mind, after a disconnect, I go through the "Re-Update" process on the APB Launcher client, cause ........

Well, I use the vanilla launcher.   (I know ,,,,, boring ... ) 😀

So I am back in district for maybe a total of 3min before my next disconnect.

3 Times in a 20min period.

A bit odd I would say.

So what exactly was the prelude to these fantastic moments ?

Hmm. I remember I was not in any mission, just kind of trolling in District chat.

I wasn't saying anything Hateful or mean.

I suppose I was making fun of someone, a little bit , and then BAM ... dc'ed

I hop back on a few minutes later, everyone is still there, and I pick up where I left of.    (😀)

and then BAM ... dc'ed

Huh, this is odd.

Perhaps I should play a mission.

Which I did.

A PUB group mission.

A mix of Gold's Silvers and Yellows

Our group was winning.

I made some absurdly good kills, and received the proverbial angry whispers.

THEM:   You are such a f*cken noob, you suck

ME:       Hey, are you that guy I just killed ?

THEM:   FU

ME:       Hey , I get it ,  you're Yellow,  and you want to get better

THEM:   F off and die

ME:       So.... I should not send a friend invite ?

ME:       I really think I can help you get better.    (of course they have trounced me like 5 or 6 times before, with whatever skills or tools they have)

and then BAM ... dc'ed

This happened right before the mission ended, and we were winning.

DOH !!

Haha, you get the picture .

This is my life ...

I used to get angry or  frustrated .......

Not anymore ...

giphy.gif

Edited by Westford
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't believe it was cheats or the like, I assume it was because character customization was almost to the max on them or was the max, and the game loading them in closer quarters lead to it locking up on the machine due to having to load it as certain ranges were hit. Customization as we know, already effects server stability, it was why the decrease from 50 to 40 occurred. It makes sense that such customization loading within a certain range which as we know, become "better looking" at certain ranges (at least in other games, not sure about APB if the same logic applied to apb). This could cause certain machines and to freeze or lock up to load things,  within 5-15m or whenever that LOD adjustment occurs. Add in grenades/shooting/lighting as well as the UI being a hog on FPS, you're going to freeze up on a not as great machine. It would happen around these players in and out of mission. But was often worse "in" mission.

The only issue with the theory, is that it often happened to the kinds of players who run around in hoodies. So unless the rest of their customization was practically maxed out, I find it somewhat hard to imagine that be the only cause. However I find it the most likely. It was also "consistently" certain players who this occurred with, and not just some one off random experience, and explains why some people I know would say "anytime i get near him I my game freezes up and I die" and it was always *that one*.

Also note, at some point, customization values were "doubled" but that's been long fixed. I'm not sure the effect of said doubled values, but at least before then, it may have played a part in the amount of information loaded.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

9 hours ago, Westford said:

Considering how thin the spaghetti that holds this game together is, it really wouldn't surprise me if it broke again.

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

your theory on this?

I think they doing 'It' thru the chat box. now i dont 'Know', but im just guessing. cuz the same thing happens to me very similar to westford.  I can come in n watch my lat rise up around these punks, but other than that I stay connected.

However if I decide to run my mouth in chat, BOOM.

Think they are sorta macroing or repeating a pm or trade offer ect, somehow rapidly repeating the trade,group,whisper, ect command, causing a reaction from the server that drops U. 

I Think...

On 7/21/2021 at 6:06 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

I don't believe it was cheats or the like, I assume it was because character customization was almost to the max on them or was the max, and the game loading them in closer quarters lead to it locking up on the machine due to having to load it as certain ranges were hit. Customization as we know, already effects server stability, it was why the decrease from 50 to 40 occurred. It makes sense that such customization loading within a certain range which as we know, become "better looking" at certain ranges (at least in other games, not sure about APB if the same logic applied to apb). This could cause certain machines and to freeze or lock up to load things,  within 5-15m or whenever that LOD adjustment occurs. Add in grenades/shooting/lighting as well as the UI being a hog on FPS, you're going to freeze up on a not as great machine. It would happen around these players in and out of mission. But was often worse "in" mission.

The only issue with the theory, is that it often happened to the kinds of players who run around in hoodies. So unless the rest of their customization was practically maxed out, I find it somewhat hard to imagine that be the only cause. However I find it the most likely. It was also "consistently" certain players who this occurred with, and not just some one off random experience, and explains why some people I know would say "anytime i get near him I my game freezes up and I die" and it was always *that one*.

Also note, at some point, customization values were "doubled" but that's been long fixed. I'm not sure the effect of said doubled values, but at least before then, it may have played a part in the amount of information loaded.

It's just a 1024x1024 bitmap. The only thing it should affect is how long it takes your client to load the character after joining a district. I haven't noticed an fps difference.

29 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

It's just a 1024x1024 bitmap. The only thing it should affect is how long it takes your client to load the character after joining a district. I haven't noticed an fps difference.

I theorize it must be car music........... I do notice some lag when i play it.......imagine times 10

4 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

It would depend on machine, also, LOD changes based on distance from character do cause lag in other games based on pc as well. You may not have, but i used to run on an I3 laptop, and then a gtx 970 with an older amd chip which was a bit better but still lagged and was noticable. (im now on a ryzen 7 and get very little to no lag in apb) LOD was also an option it was suggested to change back when shaders were a thing and you manually changed things in conjunction with using USPStyles launcher and even before it. I had noticed that changing those settings seemed to have an effect on the lag.

Edited by Noob_Guardian