Hello there,

I'm an old school player (play APB since 2011) with my friend 
our name in the game : 
Zokin (my account level 209 silver)
Lidorven (my friend account level 255 silver)

my friend internet provider starts to block many games (block ports and stuff) 
we try everything in the Router console and the tech team but nothing helps him to log in and play 

so he decides to use VPN to keep play with me 
and then the problems come with that, APB system block his ability to buy and sell stuff on the marketplace (trade block)

he talks with APB support team and they check his identity and check that it is indeed his account and not an account that was hacked
now the system block his ability to buy and sell stuff on the marketplace (trade block again)

he talks with the support team again and they told him "we can clean this trade block once to each account" 

we play 10 years, this is the respect and support we got from the tech team ?? 

we didn't have many choices in Israel to better internet providers, so he cants play without a VPN he didn't choose to play with VPN 
he has to because without VPN his connection lost after choosing an account and log in to a server

I need your help to bring back his ability to keep play evenly

Merged.

Screenshot-2.png

While it sucks, nobody here can help. It’s something you have to talk to support about. This thread will likely be deleted by moderators.

33 minutes ago, Euxoa said:

While it sucks, nobody here can help. It’s something you have to talk to support about. This thread will likely be deleted by moderators.

No it won't be deleted.

But yea, support can do what they can do there is no one here that could really help you with that, i am sorry.

41 minutes ago, Euxoa said:

everybody needs to know that this is the service that players get from the Tech support

9 hours ago, tomer4477 said:

everybody needs to know that this is the service that players get from the Tech support

The support is not responsible for the things your internet provider does. Tradelock is caused by that for various reasons. One of them is that if your account somehow logs in from another location it assumes that you might got hacked and the people won't be able to send stuff around. It sucks and i know from my own experience that support can't do much since this system was implemented by the former owners of APB and that you just cant deactivate it right now. Since i dont use VPN i just had to wait 3 days but in your case Little Orbit can't do anything about what your country or internet provider does.

Edited by JunoSuzuki

15 minutes ago, JunoSuzuki said:

The support is not responsible for the things your internet provider does. Tradelock is caused by that for various reasons. One of them is that if your account somehow logs in from another location it assumes that you might got hacked and the people won't be able to send stuff around. It sucks and i know from my own experience that support can't do much since this system was implemented by the former owners of APB and that you just cant deactivate it right now. Since i dont use VPN i just had to wait 3 days but in your case Little Orbit can't do anything about what your country or internet provider does.

You shouldn't get trade locked just because your external IP address changed. Most ISPs assign dynamic IP addresses to home users. This means their IP address will most likely change whenever their modem restarts. This also means you can't access all features in game when traveling for work. It's a big middle finger to people in the service.

They should be tracking your hardware ID. The only time it will change is if you change hardware or reinstall your operating system. They have to track you hwid for the anticheat to work properly.

Edited by SquirrelFace

4 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

It sucks and i know from my own experience that support can't do much since this system was implemented by the former owners of APB and that you just cant deactivate it right now.

what are you talking about, trade locks were implemented by little orbit

What do you want us to do about it?

Its a useless system put in place to help the stupid/lazy who use the same password on other sites and don't change there apb password after those other sites experience a breach. Just stick with the 2fa only.

1 hour ago, xiphos said:

what are you talking about, trade locks were implemented by little orbit

Was it? Thought it was G1/RP

50 minutes ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Was it? Thought it was G1/RP

it was implemented by orbit to give extra security for the trade system, it wasnt supposed to be such a pain in the patootie but orbit never made the 2fa system prevent trade locks like they said they would

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, xiphos said:

it was implemented by orbit to give extra security for the trade system, it wasnt supposed to be such a pain in the patootie but orbit never made the 2fa system prevent trade locks like they said they would

Oh thanks for clarifying then

12 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

You shouldn't get trade locked just because your external IP address changed. Most ISPs assign dynamic IP addresses to home users. This means their IP address will most likely change whenever their modem restarts. This also means you can't access all features in game when traveling for work. It's a big middle finger to people in the service.

I regularly update my IP (byproduct of some networking stuff I do), and have never had a trade lock imposed on my account.

12 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

They should be tracking your hardware ID. The only time it will change is if you change hardware or reinstall your operating system.

26df2182fc943676dc6cc51371efc04b.gif

16 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

No it won't be deleted.

But yea, support can do what they can do there is no one here that could really help you with that, i am sorry.

It will be. Anything having to do with support related actions typically gets deleted because what can we do about it? If he/she makes it a firm point to say this is a criticism thread, it has a chance of staying.

Anyways, what's funny is you're talking for your "friend". Trade locks don't get introduced because an IP changed, which was said before numerous times. Maybe there's something your friend isn't telling you. Breaking ToS is the only other reason I can imagine the account getting perm. trade locked. Support isn't obligated to tell you anything about their moderation decisions, and most of the time, the punishment was deserved. By the looks of it, you won't be getting help. My best advice is, find a new friend to play with.

The tradelock system implemented by LO is stupid, im thankful for all they did to APB except that

This tradelock system annoys players more than they protect them, and funny enough, it doesn't even protect them sometimes, when i login on my account, usually i'm not even tradelocked on the first login, i'm tradelocked only on the second login, so if i were a malicious user i could just steal everything anyway.

I don't understand why they implemented that system anyway, you should be able to send an email to your email adress anyway to get a confirmation code or something to lift said tradelock.

2FA Can be done by other means than phone auth apps, you can use emails, or secret passphrases.

I just think this tradelock system was by far the most annoying thing LO ever introduced to the game, it's half assed, it's annoying and it doesn't even work properly.

Just saying, that's how it should be done: Give us the choice

unknown.png

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2

I occasionally get the 3-day trade lock, I am not quite certain why, I suppose because I am not always playing from the same location, nor the same computer. However, I don't really mind it in my case, I rarely buy or sell anything.

On the other hand, I find it quite annoying when we speak of the new players. When I started out playing this game, a decent car, theme, symbol and some mods were gifted to me by a random player and I promised to keep that "tradition". Quite often it happens I meet a well-mannered and eloquent new player, yet unfortunately cannot gift them anything due the trade lock they have for three long days. 

On 7/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, xiphos said:

Then why do I have to put in my 2fa code Everytime I log into apb?

You Israelis do strange things.

Last week I was hacked by a person from Israel.

So anything coming from you guys seems shady to me.

First of all, why is your ISP banned APB?

Don't you think it's a better idea to solve that problem? which is more important.

Instead of bothering apb developers?

tradelock can also be approved if there are some fraud purchases were used on  that account.

20 hours ago, Roxane said:

Instead of bothering apb developers?

Customer Support and Development team are two separate things.

Seems like a rough situation you're in but neither party can really do anything about the situation.

I find it silly you display this to ''showcase how they threat a 10 year old player'' yet none of the circumstances could/can be avoided (could also not use a VPN) by either.

You're using a VPN which does trigger alerts or security measures, but you also can't play without it due the bad provider.

It sucks but you got to realise and look at the bigger picture here, they aren't there to bully you out.