Bva

This game HAS to change.

23 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

SHAW was massively buffed years ago

the shaw has only received a movement speed change over the years afaik, being forgotten in a dusty corner of the code while other weapons received numerous balance tweaks is a large part of why the shaw has fallen away from the meta

On 7/4/2021 at 10:26 PM, Hexerin said:

Here, I'll spoonfeed you some education.

• Spread is the pseudo-random placement of bullets within the confines of your weapon's total accuracy stats.
  • Bloom is your crosshair's growth (which is controlled by a few substats) as you fire, which causes your spread to increase as you fire.
  • Recoil is a completely different set of stats that have nothing to do with accuracy. Recoil stats dictate how your gun "kicks" with each shot fired.

There, now that you're educated, I will respond to your attempted point. SHAW was massively buffed years ago, long after that bloom/spread cheat was making the rounds. It used to be significantly less accurate. This will be the last time I respond to this topic, because it's ultimately irrelevant to the topic at hand and I'm done wasting my time on what was originally intended to just be a simple fun fact.

I've been playing since 2010, no the shaw was never inaccurate it was always a lazer beam.

This game hasnt changed since 2014. And when a change was attempted in the form of Riot everyone said no keep it exactly as is unchanged. What makes anyone think there will be any change after 8 yrs?

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

This game hasnt changed since 2014. And when a change was attempted in the form of Riot everyone said no keep it exactly as is unchanged. What makes anyone think there will be any change after 8 yrs?

I dont know why people keep holding on to this game tbh

I think the healthiest view one can have on APB right now is the following:
APB servers are kept open right now just so the people who like the game can keep playing it as it is right now, while the engine upgrade is being implemented. I guess they could have shut down the servers a year ago and reopen them only once the engine is done but they decided to leave them open with minimum (close to zero perhaps) maintenance just so the tiny playerbase left can keep playing, maybe buy some stuff and keep APB in the map while LO directs all resources into the engine upgrade.

If the upgrade fails (it's not deployed in a reasonable amount of time), the game officially dies. If not, it may live longer, but in any case we all know APB has lived way past its expiration date

THIS GAME HAS TO CHANGE.

yea the owner..once again

23 hours ago, Jinsen said:

I dont know why people keep holding on to this game tbh

Cause its unique and has potential. Its just been held back by a company and ppl who didnt care and the last few yrs a company that cant handle such a small game.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, Bva said:

First of all i'd like to say, props on focussing all resources towards the Engine update, but stuff needs to happen.

It's always the same cycle right now         Login > See the same people > People get gold > People curvestomp noobies > Dethreat & Repeat.

(I won't name and shame) <Although i dont see why it's such a problem as i feel like specific people should be ashamed>

Either way, there are tons of ''Fake golds'' playing in bronze, it's not just once, it's every single day. Every day the same people who curvestomp everyone because they can't play silver.

It's just sad that nothing can be done to this.

It's just sad we as a community do not shame these people for behaving like this, same as known cheaters but that's a sensitive topic around here.

How hard is it to implement (for now) a system that would;

Send these people the fuck over to silver/gold district upon reaching gold threat?

I know the current threat system is a joke, gold is easily achieve-able

But it's the same dethreaters / outskilled for the district type of people.

Something has to change.

As a long time fan and returning player after 2 years, it took me a week. 7 days to call it quits yet again because of this unplayable garbage in districts, asylum/baylan cheaters and dethreaters.

It's sad.

It is clear they don't care about the game.  My advice would be to find a different game, this game has been running for over 10 years and is on it's last legs at the moment. 

• Like 1

so wich steps are we going to take to make this game change? i m curious.

"Man they already changed the weapons and did...stuff and ... I mean... c'mon man..."

-Uncle Joe

Merged.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, TzickyT said:

so wich steps are we going to take to make this game change? i m curious.

PROTECT THE BLOODY BRONZES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE FUTURE IF THIS GAME IS TO HAVE A FUTURE. Which it probably wont because they neglected this problem dutyfully since 2012.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

PROTECT THE BLOODY BRONZES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE FUTURE IF THIS GAME IS TO HAVE A FUTURE. Which it probably wont because they neglected this problem dutyfully since 2012.

What bronzes? Jericho has at max 30 people in bronze district, effectively blocking half the NA playerbase from having a match.

On 7/2/2021 at 7:04 AM, AlienTM said:

Told em years ago for at least one simple solution.When player become gold on bronze district-the option to start missions(pressin K)must be disabled and message must appear that the player must change to higher threat district to be able to keep playn.Simple..but even that for NA not gonna be in big use right now cause playerbase is very low there.Threat must be removed for that server completely

Stuck as gold.  I'm not great but I've been playing since the RTW days and loved everything about APB.

But when I quit I did so because I would be locked to districts with almost no players.  I would see less than 10 people on and just log off.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, AlienTM said:

Told em years ago for at least one simple solution.When player become gold on bronze district-the option to start missions(pressin K)must be disabled and message must appear that the player must change to higher threat district to be able to keep playn.Simple..but even that for NA not gonna be in big use right now cause playerbase is very low there.Threat must be removed for that server completely

This.

I think with this "fix" you'd probably see 1-2 more active bronze districts from all the new or less skilled players actually having a fair fight instead of constantly facing golds who de-threated. 

I was watching a bronze streamer before who just started playing, and was actually liking the game. He, and two bronzes got opposed against 2 max rank golds.

Somehow they managed to win most of the stages, until the gold players decided to carsurf on a vegas 4x4 with Volcano's. This streamer had a stock ALIG at best and had to do with the slow stock cars in the game.

His next mission he faced them again, and they got rolled. Next mission, facing them again. How long do you think he decided to stay on APB? 

Edited by Infinito
  • Thanks 2

On 7/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, AlienTM said:

You know why this will not work ?   People will de-threat to bronze or green, as soon as they hit silver, de-threat again. So you would probably end up seeing more dethreating. APB is great for freedom of choice, who you are, how you want to play. Unfortunately there are a lot of players whose goal it is to exploit these freedoms for personal gain.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, Infinito said:

This.

I think with this "fix" you'd probably see 1-2 more active bronze districts from all the new or less skilled players actually having a fair fight instead of constantly facing golds who de-threated. 

I was watching a bronze streamer before who just started playing, and was actually liking the game. He, and two bronzes got opposed against 2 max rank golds.

Somehow they managed to win most of the stages, until the gold players decided to carsurf on a vegas 4x4 with Volcano's. This streamer had a stock ALIG at best and had to do with the slow stock cars in the game.

His next mission he faced them again, and they got rolled. Next mission, facing them again. How long do you think he decided to stay on APB? 

This is why the game died, New players never get to thrive because they get people who don't wanna lose, So they stomp new players and feel good about themselves. When the game had more players all they had to do was threat lock a district. A player in bronze goes silver, He is put into the silver district and if he can't handle it he simply loses silver. But no they allowed trash can veterans of the game to stomp a poor trainee with an ogre to death until they moved on to better games.

My point of view, from the outside, is that you have a community problem and not a gaming problem. You need a control figure or, failing that, veterans of the game who know how to handle the situation with these people. You are making the developers dizzy, seriously, I repeat, make that figure or pull true veterans of the game, not gms / players but experienced players who are respected and valued

On 7/23/2021 at 3:33 AM, Aroa Croft said:

My point of view, from the outside, is that you have a community problem and not a gaming problem. You need a control figure or, failing that, veterans of the game who know how to handle the situation with these people. You are making the developers dizzy, seriously, I repeat, make that figure or pull true veterans of the game, not gms / players but experienced players who are respected and valued

Right there is the problem, most vets have quit the game.  Since you can no longer point out the cheaters the best you can do is beat them then do a district text "Remember people, bots can not do objectives for you" The cheaters quit after you beat them 1 or 2 more times and the server dies.  

It is actually easy to beat cheats as the game is not about killing it is about doing the objectives. The problem is the once you beat a few of them they all DC and the server dies. Bringing vets will not help as we played the same 2 (and 1/2) maps for ten years and nothing has been added.   Even the new engine will not add a new map, it will only make the game prettier, but I remember back playing RTW-CB with the weather on, and that was beautiful.