Bva

This game HAS to change.

First of all i'd like to say, props on focussing all resources towards the Engine update, but stuff needs to happen.

It's always the same cycle right now         Login > See the same people > People get gold > People curvestomp noobies > Dethreat & Repeat.

(I won't name and shame) <Although i dont see why it's such a problem as i feel like specific people should be ashamed>

Either way, there are tons of ''Fake golds'' playing in bronze, it's not just once, it's every single day. Every day the same people who curvestomp everyone because they can't play silver.

It's just sad that nothing can be done to this.

It's just sad we as a community do not shame these people for behaving like this, same as known cheaters but that's a sensitive topic around here.

How hard is it to implement (for now) a system that would;

Send these people the fuck over to silver/gold district upon reaching gold threat?

I know the current threat system is a joke, gold is easily achieve-able

But it's the same dethreaters / outskilled for the district type of people.

Something has to change.

As a long time fan and returning player after 2 years, it took me a week. 7 days to call it quits yet again because of this unplayable garbage in districts, asylum/baylan cheaters and dethreaters.

It's sad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Told em years ago for at least one simple solution.When player become gold on bronze district-the option to start missions(pressin K)must be disabled and message must appear that the player must change to higher threat district to be able to keep playn.Simple..but even that for NA not gonna be in big use right now cause playerbase is very low there.Threat must be removed for that server completely

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bva said:

First of all i'd like to say, props on focussing all resources towards the Engine update, but stuff needs to happen.

It's always the same cycle right now         Login > See the same people > People get gold > People curvestomp noobies > Dethreat & Repeat.

(I won't name and shame) <Although i dont see why it's such a problem as i feel like specific people should be ashamed>

Either way, there are tons of ''Fake golds'' playing in bronze, it's not just once, it's every single day. Every day the same people who curvestomp everyone because they can't play silver.

It's just sad we as a community do not shame these people for behaving like this, same as known cheaters but that's a sensitive topic around here.

Send these people the fuck over to silver/gold district upon reaching gold threat?

Something has to change.

As a long time fan and returning player after 2 years, it took me a week. 7 days to call it quits yet again because of this unplayable garbage in districts, asylum/baylan cheaters and dethreaters.

It's sad.

We're seeing the end of APB, At this point we're waiting for the shut down announcement 

1 hour ago, Jinsen said:

We're seeing the end of APB, At this point we're waiting for the shut down announcement 

Agreed.  I see the Protection of hackers, ie no name shaming, no trolling, no anti cheat, I see the Insults to Legit players as being the weapon nerfs that the hackers asked for, n they say they are listening, They sure AF aint listening to me or legit players. n here we go wwith a whole new nerf. Why are they nerfing our guns in the face of mass hackers. The nerfs only effect legit's guns, not the hackers, they still use nerfed guns to smear people with aim bots, speed hacks, esp, you name it they got it.

then they wanna complain that they are threat locked n cant come to bronze n farm the legit and the reroll T's 

You hax Reap What You Sew' Hax killed the game and the lack of anticheat, n nerfing our guns is just a fkn insult and an obvious move to kill the game from the inside. 

Lo has allowed these configurations, they have an ongoing nerfing program, so hacking is sanctioned, then we're gonna nerf your guns so you have no chance in hell in killing one of them, while they take the same gun n use their program to rebuff it or any gun to full power, full range.

Then the hax sit in discord n laugh how they killed the game n made so n so rage quit.

Ya'all aint nothing but some Poser's, fkn Drug Store Cowboys.

I'm not even gonna worry about those stupid J tickets, cuz if not k ing up screws a hax or delays his roll, thats what imma do.

Dethreaters are a big problem no doubt, but at this point in the games life there is a much bigger disparity between the skill floor and the skill ceiling in the silver district, which has alot more of an impact on the current population. Its felt near impossible to get a balanced mission because much of the players in the silver district are the best players in the game who make up the remaining hardcore playerbase. This causes many players to stop playing out of frustration and the skill gap and the matchmaking gets worse and worse.

• Like 1

The owner of the game wants the end of the APB, just wait like me for them to announce the closing of the servers

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

they take the same gun n use their program to rebuff it or any gun to full power, full range.

Just so you know, cheats can't change a weapon's damage, or its range. 

I only know that cheaters managed to kill the silver server, there is only 1 in the active Citadel, Nobody likes to catch a group of cheaters against it's too ridiculous to play, as long as you have GM playing Cheater and defending them with teeth, this game will never go forward, it will only keep the same amount of players, because in a short time anyone notices what happens under the table haha, so good people don't stay in this game for long.

Dethreating has never been a problem, the real problem has always been the players' mindset. Whether they play in silver or bronze districts, one can have a higher threat, be noticeably more skilled than their opponents and still behave sportingly without having a need to openly humiliate and torment less skilled players. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just so you know, cheats can't change a weapon's damage, or its range. 

Once upon a time, bloom/spread were client-side though. The cheats back then are where the SHAWcopter meme originated, because it was the go-to being the lowest TTK weapon in the game (and was a literal laser beam due to zero bullet spread). Those were wild times, for the relatively short time that lasted before G1/RG fixed it.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just so you know,

I know, n i dont want to come off crazy sounding, but thats what I tend to think when said hacker kills me with very short burst from a whisper type sub, n I'll empty the mag at ten ft or less n not kill them, I'd do better to throw the gun at them. 

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Once upon a time, bloom/spread were client-side though. The cheats back then are where the SHAWcopter meme originated, because it was the go-to being the lowest TTK weapon in the game (and was a literal laser beam due to zero bullet spread). Those were wild times, for the relatively short time that lasted before G1/RG fixed it.

I think we should fix the game by allowing mrepicgoat to balance all the weapons from here on out

---

Jokes aside, people who are dethreat with ease aren't really top players to begin with. The process takes too long if your elo is at least moderately high, and most people who play at a higher skill don't want to play people who they can easily beat. Of course, there's plenty that do enjoy this, but that's an issue that exists outside of threat because there will always be toxic people who want to play purely to irritate and beat others at every level of play.

Online gaming is frustrating regardless of your composure, but it's a good idea to start considering whether getting so heated up about things that are outside of your control is actually worth your energy, even if this isn't always an easy task.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

no this was actually fixed before g1 got apb the last patch of rtw fixed the bloom and made it server-sided or at least broke the method cheats used to achieve it. Also shawcopter actually came after the bloom fix since its max spread is really small already. no-spread would be used more effectively for guns like the hvr or oca or ntec etc

On 7/2/2021 at 8:01 PM, Bva said:

Something has to change.

It's sad.

Add it to the pile.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

no this was actually fixed before g1 got apb the last patch of rtw fixed the bloom and made it server-sided or at least broke the method cheats used to achieve it

If that's the case, then something G1/RG did ended up breaking/reverting that fix, because there was a solid bit of time there where it was definitely happening. I was there myself, experiencing these people's antics as they sat on top of cars spinning around at lightspeed while bountied, and every other player within render distance just dropping (fun fact, the SHAW still has 70m range to this day).

I've also seen the multitude of videos the cheat developers circulated on YouTube (and various other sites) showing their development progress from the rough early versions to the completely refined final versions. Hell, they even responded to people on this very forum (well, the old one that LO wiped out) when people accused them of faking. The development vids switched from just showing the shooter's PoV, to also showing a second character's PoV (which if you understand how this game works, you'll know confirmed the legitimacy of the cheat's effect).

2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

no-spread would be used more effectively for guns like the hvr or oca or ntec etc

You... seem to be lacking some very basic knowledge of how this game works.

14 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I know, n i dont want to come off crazy sounding, but thats what I tend to think when said hacker kills me with very short burst from a whisper type sub, n I'll empty the mag at ten ft or less n not kill them, I'd do better to throw the gun at them. 

Don't worry, you don't sound crazy... You just sound dumb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

If that's the case, then something G1/RG did ended up breaking/reverting that fix, because there was a solid bit of time there where it was definitely happening. I was there myself, experiencing these people's antics as they sat on top of cars spinning around at lightspeed while bountied, and every other player within render distance just dropping (fun fact, the SHAW still has 70m range to this day).

I've also seen the multitude of videos the cheat developers circulated on YouTube (and various other sites) showing their development progress from the rough early versions to the completely refined final versions. Hell, they even responded to people on this very forum (well, the old one that LO wiped out) when people accused them of faking. The development vids switched from just showing the shooter's PoV, to also showing a second character's PoV (which if you understand how this game works, you'll know confirmed the legitimacy of the cheat's effect).

You... seem to be lacking some very basic knowledge of how this game works.

equip a shaw and look at its bloom it has almost none. what it does have is recoil. If I had no recoil right now with aimbot I could do exactly what your talking about. recoil ≠ spread/bloom.  

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

there was a brief period that lasted about a week before a hotfix hit, where it was discovered that editing your crosshair size via config would actually affect weapon accuracy

the shaw has always been a weapon of choice for blatants, because its main drawback of unpredictable recoil can be completely negated by cheats

1 hour ago, xiphos said:

there was a brief period that lasted about a week before a hotfix hit, where it was discovered that editing your crosshair size via config would actually affect weapon accuracy

the shaw has always been a weapon of choice for blatants, because its main drawback of unpredictable recoil can be completely negated by cheats

that's actually not true it was purely a visual change

Like cheating there are going to be some dethreating here and there. But there are also the blatants. Within minutes of getting online you come across them. They will do missions without guns attached, and joke about it in chat. Once they get to their desired colour, they will then re-join with their friends for some stompings. To be getting away with it for weeks on end is a little much.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:01 PM, Bva said:

Because the community are those ppl.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:01 PM, Bva said:

I remember suggesting this years ago.

Apparently any changes on the matchmaking (or anything in general) is held back until the engine update (that also doesn't seems to be coming anytime soon).

HeavyCruiser "Queen of Sea" (34°03′08.03″N 118°14′37.25″W)

War Command Dock.

"Why nobody still suggested an hyppodrome/racing district" ???

Kelly_LookTablet1.png

"Majestic  Queen, maybe tryhards.... doesnT need it...."

"Everybody needs an horse!  that's absurd!"

"Sandokan! Punitive spedition on NA! Now!"

"Yes Mylady, special treatment for someone?"

"Just carry back some nice symbols, they are still the best."

On 7/3/2021 at 9:18 AM, MonkaS said:

equip a shaw and look at its bloom it has almost none. what it does have is recoil. If I had no recoil right now with aimbot I could do exactly what your talking about. recoil ≠ spread/bloom.  

Here, I'll spoonfeed you some education.

• Spread is the pseudo-random placement of bullets within the confines of your weapon's total accuracy stats.
  • Bloom is your crosshair's growth (which is controlled by a few substats) as you fire, which causes your spread to increase as you fire.
  • Recoil is a completely different set of stats that have nothing to do with accuracy. Recoil stats dictate how your gun "kicks" with each shot fired.

There, now that you're educated, I will respond to your attempted point. SHAW was massively buffed years ago, long after that bloom/spread cheat was making the rounds. It used to be significantly less accurate. This will be the last time I respond to this topic, because it's ultimately irrelevant to the topic at hand and I'm done wasting my time on what was originally intended to just be a simple fun fact.