Sign in to follow this  
stateofthegame

Threat Segregation and NA bein' dead

So the population of NA is pretty dead, nothing new here.

Yet for some reason, there's still threat segregation stopping a significant portion of remaining players from playing.

At an estimate I'd say 30-40% of players are gold (this could be wildly off I know), yet only bronze districts are being populated lately meaning the usual cycle is:

- See only a bronze district populated

- Log off and do something else, go to EU (if your ping allows it), or spend hours dethreating to actually play 

I can't quite see the purpose in having threat segregation when the player count is not even high enough to populate a single district.

Wouldn't it make more sense to allow everyone to play at all times?

Also hello forums, it's been a few years; I'm guessing a civil discussion is still a rarity but prove me wrong here alright?

• Like 3

I second this. NA should have had it's threat segregation turned off over a year ago now, at least until the supposed merge with EU happens after the engine upgrade releases. Its only making matters worse for whoever is left still playing on that server.

• Like 2

Do that and that only (bronze) district populated would die in a matter of days,basically becuase bronze/silvers would get owned every mission and they will ragequit and golds would stop playing eventually becuase the op is too ez,u just have to go to the silver district of Citadel and see how "healthy" is the relationship between threats.

• Like 1

An evergoing Cornelian dilemma.

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

Do that and that only (bronze) district populated would die in a matter of days,basically becuase bronze/silvers would get owned every mission and they will ragequit and golds would stop playing eventually becuase the op is too ez,u just have to go to the silver district of Citadel and see how "healthy" is the relationship between threats.

I used to argue the same against the entire idea of getting rid of threat segregation in general. We had a short period where we saw the effects of having none and it was quite detrimental to the population but in the case of NA's current state, which is quite reminiscent of Han, it might be the only option for the time being.

The only time silver is available is when enough borderline silver/gold players are stuck with gold threat. These players can't go down in threat while in Bronze without intentionally dethreating, due to there not being permanent golds in the bronze district. At the same time, they don't want to face 4 man groups of max threat players over and over.

There needs to be ways to progress contacts and unlock customization that does not involve being locked into a single game mode and single district. Contacts should be available in all districts, including fightclub. Symbols shouldn't be locked behind single contacts. Consumables should be made into a normal mod that's yellow, and removed from random rewards so symbols can be unlocked faster. I cannot unlock all symbols on my newer characters due to the consumable rewards. I've got pages of "You won a mission reward" while at the same time missing half the symbols on some sheets.

Edited by SquirrelFace

Segregation, with the ability of toxic to manipulate it, is a no sense since ever.

Everywhere.

Always.

Remove segregation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flaws said:

I second this. NA should have had it's threat segregation turned off over a year ago now, at least until the supposed merge with EU happens after the engine upgrade releases. Its only making matters worse for whoever is left still playing on that server.

i start to feel like they need to do it for eu too ... the segregation

7 hours ago, RCooper said:

I would argue that quitting because of hard opp is a universal experience. Some days you just hit four premade groups in a row and you just have to say 'not today' and come back another time. But yes, you're still right, and whilst I think the matchmaking system as a whole is busted that leads to the issues you described (not an uncommon opinion I know), there's no merit to killing off a significant portion of the already small playerbase that's left.

I guess if there's one district everyone can access, at least we are all able to play the game: in situations where there's a district that's inaccessible to most, not only do they choose not to play in another district (because none are active) but they actually cannot play at all. It's a lesser of two evils type of thing, not a fix.

5 hours ago, Bambola said:

An evergoing Cornelian dilemma.

...touché

Threat and threat districts-removed.Optional financial district for new players only where they can play at least 3 missions(or more if they want to stay)This can be done for NA at least i dont see the problem..

Tarkov just wiped, why are you guys still here? Gosh.

• Like 1

most players are gold or silver the only reason bronze is the only server is because of dethreating. so yea remove threat seg plz.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.pn

Gold's looking at the bronze and silvers having fun for once

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Highly doubt they’re having fun since I guarantee you there are sweats that have dethreat. Just sounds like the issue is you and your lack of aiming ability.

I back this. Haven’t been able to play in a week now since everyone piles onto bronze.

LO has to be more sensitive to the community I notice that they don't care about us :v

hide threat, remove seg. suggested it since after gold lock. 

Also, Anyone from back then knows that the moment hard lock happened, skill of every lower threat lowered to insane levels. The average silver was no better then a green. The barriers protect, but also harm, and prevent anyone lower from getting better (especially w/ no benefit to). it'll be rough af if the barriers are removed, sadly it probably should have been done when there was pop to deal with it....

Merged.

10 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

its been like that for years tho

12 hours ago, Euxoa said:

Just sounds like the issue is you and your lack of aiming ability.

are you just insulting me to insult? I am gold...

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

its been like that for years tho

you missed the part where you laugh 

Sign in to follow this