Sakebee

APB Anniversary Letter

1 hour ago, Queen of Love said:

Shield Is no more a deployable.

Radar is disabled and will never come back

P5n5 is no more, is just a free map spot for oppo with no one benefit for the spotted.

I see that toxic and illogic provocation in forum is still  a must .

Goldies...pfff.never played legit neither for a second, but still loves to broke an unique game.

But I thought Borus was legit 😢

On 6/29/2021 at 11:36 PM, Sakebee said:

so things will be a little quieter than they have been in the past.

If you couldn't hear the tumbleweeds yet, it has already been very quiet on your end. I appreciate the blogposts, but actual progress is still miles away. 
I'll stop by next year, pray to god the game hasn't shelved yet. 

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I'd rather just have like 6 x)

Honestly, it probably wouldn't even be a bad thing to just leave Bricks/8-Ball as ammo-based "grenades" (and re-enable their ability to resupply from ammo boxes).

• Like 1

Hi, a friendly comment as you continue scrolling. Have a nice day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, qb said:

Ok, how can TTK be the influence of someone's "competitive-level reflexes and situational awareness"? In fact, how can TTK be something that influences the competitiveness of a game?

You've basically called people who play games like Quake, Apex, Dirty Bomb and other aim-based FPS' "lacking in reflex and situational awareness"

Reflex and situational awareness != longer time to track someone without RNG interefering with your accuracy (high TTK in its pure form, perfectly illustrated in games I've mentioned)

Is it so hard to hold your mouse on a target for just a bit longer? Like I've mentioned, increasing the TTK would be allow for so much room to balance weapons around.

I think you should stop judging someone's intent without reading what their actual point was first. Both of our visions of making this game are different, doesn't mean one is worse than the other... (mine apparently is though..)

Thank you for your time, I know I won't be getting mine back for trying to argue with you, It'll definitely be my last time. 🙂

Too many mistakes were made in there, I'm afraid. I'm determined at this point that you are just a casual-fan who doesn't know things too well to make proper connections.

You actually used Dirty Bomb as an example of high-ttk & situational awareness, wow... is there a single shotgun on APB capable of downing an opponent in a single shot?! Dirty Bomb has that.. Dirty Bomb also comes with headshot multipliers and special abilities.. You also seem to forget that maps in Dirty Bomb are too linear to miss someone getting through. The game is pretty much a re-skinned Counter Strike with a twist and that's why it works. It doesn't support your point of view at all.

The same can be said for Quake. Not only ttk isn't high for the game's layout but you also forget that THERE IS NO PASSIVE HEALING in that game, at all (unlike APB of course). Which is yet another reason as to why you don't just copy other games and expect that to work for APB. Here are examples of how devastating Quake Weapons can be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-2dlAx73hg

Apex Legends ttk is high? Nonsense.. pure nonsense, just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM8ywIBMyro
There are weapons in there that kill as fast as the better ones in APB do, some are even faster than current OCA. There are even 0.4s ttks in there! 

- Moreover, Apex features headshots (something APB clearly doesn't), so there are weapons that can kill instantly in that game that aren't just 'OSMAW'.

- Apex's maps are also larger with less cover (WaterFront Haters will hate being there, no joke). This effectively makes the game more playable and dangerous with its given ttks.

- Additionally, Apex's sole point is to kill and survive as it is a 3-squad BR so you are expected as a Player to be with your Squad at all times. APB is mission-based so it is possible to be separated when multiple-objectives demand so. So in Apex it is more likely to get fewer 1v1 fights

- There is also less situational awareness in Apex as you can tag opponents without them knowing, something that changed APB forever the day Spotter-Mod got introduced.. Coincidence?

Plus, I already thanked you for trying. You just proved that you can't read anything presented to you hence no wonder you got all your knowledge wrong, both in APB and in other games.

Again, you missed my point entirely. What I've said is that them trying to get into the BR market is good thinking, future proof thinking. Attracting a lot of different crowds is very possible in APB. 

Yes, I was present. The way they imagined it was flawed, but that's due to engine constraints. I was talking about the future of the game after the EU.

Attracting the BR crowd could lead into people liking mission districts as a fun activity, gathering a huge variety of players.

You completely missed my point here as well. I haven't said building should be added to APB. I've said APB needs it's own thing to differentiate itself from all other games. Something that's not designer related, something gameplay related. Something that requires skill and grind. Something that can win you a fight or an engagement if you have the knowledge and courage and quickwitness to apply in-game.

And you still run away from proper air strafing and walljumping like the devil from the cross. How can you judge something you haven't experienced in the game itself, nor used in other games?

I missed nothing, you simply didn't pay any attention to how things were done and failed for APB. LO's mistakes with RIOT were NOT the fault of the existing engine and it would've went down the same with the new engine...

APB's BR RIOT was at its prime exactly before it didn't try to be "it's own thing". LO ignored all feedback and did exactly the opposite, every single round.. They made the BR 'APB' by doing everything APB does in a mission district, such as spawning with purchased weapons upon death, being allowed to buy them rather than hunt for them in the first place, etc... It is very clear what happens when APB tries to be itself, its death accelerates. Streamers quit streaming RIOT, Players stopped playing and adding 3-skins as prize for grinding RIOT clearly didn't change anything (yes, this required insane skill and grind as it was contact-based reward, it clearly paid off, hmm?). It got ultra-bad to the point where it was impossible to launch a BR-round, especially in Jericho as getting that 15-Player requirement was nothing but a dream.

There is nothing as "proper air straffing and wall jumping" and I can judge because I know for a fact they won't work in APB. Ladders exist to be climbed.. any day-1 New Player can laugh at you for saying what you have said. What kind of a game APB would be if it just let you wall-jump all the way to the roof?! Are you thinking straight, Sir? What is there to run from here exactly, the fact that APB isn't the game for you?

You did not understand my point at all. I've just quoted your opinion on Epi's "150% movement speed buff being infesable in APB's spatial-design" and the fact you do not like changes to the movement mechanics. The first one can be something you've experienced and have an opinion on, sure. I don't agree with that. But, talking about something you haven't experienced? 

Please, I experienced and played all your 'favorite' games and copying them doesn't work for APB, if you like them that much, just play them, yes? plain and simple. They are guaranteed to do what you want better.

And again, Epinephrine isn't a movement system nor a mechanic, it is simply a consumable that modifies existing stats for a set time. Kindly put some effort to understand this simple difference. You didn't really have any point there.

I'm also 99% sure nobody who left the game cares about new content at all. People would still play this game a lot if the core fundamental play of this game wasn't so flawed and RNG based.

The fact CHANCE decides if you win or lose a duel, the fact missions are unbalanced, the fact so many small QoL changes we've been suggesting for years are not getting listened to and implemented immediately, the fact Waterfront has been an unbalanced mess for 10 years now is why people quit. Oh, and the atrocious anticheat and cheater problem this game had for years, but that's something every F2P game struggles with.

People who're playing right now are staying because of the designing element of this game and nostalgia and the fact there's currently nothing like APB on the market.

What makes you sure about this? Are you trying to be a meme? Where is your source on this impossible claim? Did you miss all the people who asked for more content? The reason why they are dishing the new engine to make adding them easier?

Yes and no. Chance is an aftermath of your loadout that you are 100% free to choose. Some weapons come with heavy-RNG yes (and hopefully that gets reduced), but for the time being others are extremely reliable. You always have the choice to pick something that doesn't add fatal-RNG after a couple of shots 'till the dream comes true'. And a lot of them happen to be meta weapons as well so you aren't losing much here other than your favorite weapons that could use a buff.

They better not be your suggestions of wall-jumps and exaggerated air control as those aren't small nor positive QoL changes.

Both WaterFront and Financial feature unbalanced mission areas. WaterFront is simply more range-based and therefore most players won't like it because most players also happen to be CA3-abusing short-mid range players who like to run around walls and stairs to heal the damage they received from running around in the open. They'll naturally play in Financial more as it lets them do that more often. I personally don't mind both maps as there do exist strategies to play in either.

People whom are playing right now are either passionate Streamers, those who like to keep their aim from going rusty or simply mind-ill Players. Mind-ill as in enjoy dethreating to feast on weaker/new players or to simply behave wrong towards others because APB is the easiest game that lets them do that (if it wasn't caught on Stream or with unquestionable video evidence, they won't be touched). They'd be banned in other games (if they weren't already) and that's why they dwell here.

• Like 1

Med Spray works only if no green mod is equiped.

Remove mobile ammo box. We dont need, if you need more ammo, just equip a ammo mod in to your weapon.

Remove Car Spawn. You can respawn at every friendly Car in mission, every time. The vehicle must stay XYZ meters away from the mission target.

Increase the TTK for all weapons and add body parts that gets more damage (Head and Torso).

So you need to aim the weakspots of an character.

Player can only use 1 Percussion Grenade or 1x Low Yield. All other grenades are locked to grenade launchers only!

If you like to carry +2 grenades of the same type, use Flak Jacket.

1 hour ago, Todesklinge said:

Remove mobile ammo box. We dont need, if you need more ammo, just equip a ammo mod in to your weapon.

You can use it to defend mission points.

18 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

You can use it to defend mission points.

To abuse the ammo box with explosives like Osmaw, Grenades and Grenade Launcher!

The ammo box is a bad game feature that makes the gameplay very unbalanced.

No one uses Grenade Launchers, because you can unlimited Grenades with the same effect without to lose a primary weapon slot = bad development!

22 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

To abuse the ammo box with explosives like Osmaw, Grenades and Grenade Launcher!

No one uses Grenade Launchers, because you can unlimited Grenades with the same effect without to lose a primary weapon slot = bad development!

grenades and explosive weapons can't be resupplied via consumable ammo boxes afaik, this change took place almost a year ago at this point

16 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

gameplay never had the issue from ammo box until they added car spawns so noone ran ammo cars + ammo box lol. gameplay is unbalanced from other things

Get the game fixed up and playable, and loads of old fans will be back straight away.

I miss the daily rage fest and randomness.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mikoyan said:

Get the game fixed up and playable, and loads of old fans will be back straight away.

Aside from having noticeably less players online, APB hasn't changed a bit for quite some time. 

One can still have some kicks and giggles, at least on Citadel, and yes, APB can still be entertaining enough if dosed properly. 

Edit: Almost forgot, a nice video

Edited by Bambola

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

Aside from having noticeably less players online, APB hasn't changed a bit for quite some time. 

One can still have some kicks and giggles, at least on Citadel, and yes, APB can still be entertaining enough if dosed properly. 

Edit: Almost forgot, a nice video

APB hasnt changed since 2014. How its still online today is beyond me.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:36 PM, Sakebee said:

Happy APB Anniversary! We are focusing 100% of our efforts on the engine upgrade this year

qR3o5YJ.png 2.0? Double the sphere? :pogu:

• Like 3

I'm not holding my breath, but I do hope you will succeed.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:34 PM, Revoluzzer said:

I'm not holding my breath, but I do hope you will succeed.

I still have the forum bookmarked. Hoping one day it will be complete.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, Reprimand said:

are you guys still bitching about the game

are you still bitching about people still bitching about game?

Merged.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:03 PM, Mikoyan said:

Watching this made me want to play again damnit!!! Amazing video nonetheless mate ❤️

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, Reprimand said:

are you guys still bitching about the game

Tch. Talking about APB on the APB forums.

What nonsense will people think of next?

On 8/10/2021 at 2:51 AM, a Pair of Socks said:

are you still bitching about people still bitching about game?

Merged.

Watching this made me want to play again damnit!!! Amazing video nonetheless mate ❤️

not sure how asking a question is bitching but okay

focus on not double posting lmfao

On 8/14/2021 at 3:45 AM, Reprimand said:

not sure how asking a question is bitching but okay

focus on not double posting lmfao

not sure how anyone talking about the post is bitching but okay

focus on not being so hypocritical lmfao