[Collection] Known Workarounds and Fixes
Updated: 04.06.2011 16:00 German Time
# You are not able to login, aren't you?
# Stuttering, little freezing, choppy gameplay
Possible fix by updating Punkbuter here:
- Uninstall Punbuster completly, reboot, and start the launcher to reinstall pb over the apb launcher.
- Disabeling Voip - May also be done by closing VicoxVoiceServiceprogram in the tastk manager.
- Disable Realtek Audio in your Bios.
- Process Affinity - Set the process PnkBstrBprogram affinity to use core 0 only and APBprogram to use all cores but 0.
- Disable the sound completly.
- Buy a cheap USB Soundcard.
Credits for Stuttering all in these threads:
# General Protection Fault AND / OR protection fault crashes to desktop
- Disable any monitor except of you'r #1 Monitor, if you have more than one in use.
- Disable your Graffity Spray by removing it from your character slot.
- Diasable your Music Theme by removing it from your character slot.
- Disable ALL Decals and Graffitis on your startercar (if non premium, may also work for premium users)
- Stop the music player completle (Press P) - Read: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=158098
- Disable ALL Decals on everything you have
- Stop the APB-Cacher Service via Task Manager
- Run naked
Credits for GPF Problem in these threads:
We are aware of the issues and a working hard to fix them, the problem is there are multiple types of GPF's, you're not all recieving the exact same error. We have some fixes in place and are currently testing them so it shouldn't be too long until we can deploy the fixes and you'll be able to play again. Thanks for your patience and for your bug reports
# high ping
- Close the PandoMediaBooster service or uninstall this programm entirely, or limit it used bandwith.
# Out of memory Error (RAM)
- Go to your APB folder.. find the APBcacher(dot)exe drag it out of the folder to whereever
- You need to use the /3gb switch in your boot.ini
- Read and follow: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=158507
Credits for Out of memory Errors in this thread:
# Mouse stuttering
- Disable VivoxVoiceServiceprogram in the Task Manager
# LOW FPS
- Disable / Lower all settings ingame, restart apb and check if you have still constant (!) low fps.
to your APBMachineOptions.ini to re-enable texture compressing
to clean the ram when reaching 2.2gb usage for those with memory issues
- If you still having low fps post your specc and maybe dxdiag.txt here:
Thanks for the hints @ ICEE93
# Black character in the editor/wardrobe
- Reboot PC
# Missing character parts / invisible parts
- Rename APB executable to crysis after every patch.
# Pagefile memory leak issue
The way to do it is to replace the AssetCache folder in APBGame with a junction
WARNING if using a flash drive, you must leave the flash drive in the computer usb port at all times. if you take out the drive you may have to redo the entire process or risk your game crashing on load up.
If you accidentally click the wrong option too many times you may end up with a folder that is infinitely deep and therefore undeleteable in most systems., so if you think you made a mistake, double check before doing anything else.
Close APB, go to your APBGame Folde and delete assetcahce (may need to be admin). Go to your secondary hard drive or plugged in flash drive and make an AssetCache folder. Rightclick on the folder and "Select Link Source", go back to APBGame, right click on any empty space and "Drop as Junction"
Flash drive unplugged fix:
Go to apbgame folder, right click unlink AssetCache, then delete if it remains.
This fix if done on at least a 7200 rpm drive that isnt in use or a flash drive makes the loading of custom avatars/cars much smoother.
Thanks to vivan
# Freeze which requires Hardreset of the PC and causes soundloop
- sfc /scannow on c:\windows\syswow64 and c:\windows\system32 - change soundcard
- posible fixes: gf has allmost the same pc but an i5 instead of an q9450. shes using older drivers incase someone cares to try Vista_Win7_R254.e xe
In Detail? Read this:
# Blurry textures on 32 bit Operating Systems.
- Quit out of APB.
- Start the APB launcher but not the game and let it do updates & checks if it needs to
- navigated to your APB Install.
- Navigated to \APBgame\Config
- In here you should se a load of files with .ini extensions.
- Cut and paste the following files out of this directory to a backup directory on your desktop or wheverver (just away from the APB game directory completely.
- Start up APB and behold the glory of crisp textures on your dated 32Bit OS.
*I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR HARM YOU MAY DO TO YOUR COMPUTER IF YOU TRY THE FOLLOWING STEPS*
if you need to do the /3gb switch in Windows 7 32bit or Vista 32bit then simply:
Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
Restart Your computer.
If for some reason you have problems and want to undo this change then just:
Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
Restart your computer.
For the advanced user you can try 4096 as your switch instead of 3072 but there may be stability issues so consider yourselves warned !
Freezing after a little time of gameplay
- Start and play in window mode.
- Read http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=165329
By the way the freezing bug - as long as you start in windowed mode and wait about 10 minutes you can then alt+enter and go into full screen and you wont crash.
The crash is somehow related to the in game VOIP and whenever the process gets run first (from some player using it as you run by) you'll crash if you aren't in windowed mode. Typically its okay after a few minutes to alt enter and you wont hard lock.
Thanks @ Galvius
Known Bugs about to be fixed:
I thought I'd pop in to give you guys an update on where our spawning system is. As you may have noticed, the 'improved' spawning system didn't quite work out, or rather it does when it works correctly. This, alas, is the cost of beta, and we've managed to find a few issues with the system by monitoring the system's behaviour, that we are currently working on fixes for.
The primary issues currently are as follows:
1) The spawn system doesn't take into account dead players new spawn points. If a player dies, the system will choose a spawn point for him based on various metrics. The system makes a hard choice not to spawn them near enemy players. This decision does not take into account nearby spawn points that a player is about to spawn at, so it is possible that players will spawn near each other in rapid succession (especially in areas at the map edges). By taking upcoming spawn points into account, we remove this issue (and also gain a win in the case where all players on a team die).
2) Spawn point choice is made at the point of death, rather than the point of fadeout. The fade to grey is to cover the streaming as the camera is moved to the new spawn location. We should (and will be) choosing a spawn point at this time.
3) Certain missions choose the wrong objectives. This is a straight up bug rather than an edge case. On certain mission types the system may choose to use the wrong stage's objective as a weighting, which is obviously bad. This naturally needs fixed.
4) Objective weighting was lower than an enemy player. This caused missions with solo players to spawn at maximum distance (as it attempts to get as far away from the enemy as possible). A fix for this should be getting pushed out soon.
We of course apologies for the rather inconsistent of the spawn system at present, and are working diligently to improve the scenario. Regardless we still think an intelligent approach is a lot better than simply choosing the closest spawn outside of a certain radius. Please bear with us as we get the system into the best possible shape.
Kicked by Punkbuster?
If you are getting kicked by PunkBuster please post a screenshot of the error message. We're working with Even Balance to fix the issue.
Major unfixed problems check these threads:
Kicked out of vehicle after missions starting
Various sound stuttering problems
Abnormal high ping
If nothing helps you with your problem please do the following BEFORE creating a NEW thread:
- Make sure all drivers are up to date and try to make a clean reinstallation for you graphical driver (use driver sweeper and boot in the secure modus), update direct x vix direct x webupdate from ms-homepage, update soundddriver etc. etc.
- Read through the Threads linkend under the Problems COMPLETLY (!)
- Update Punkbuster: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=150781&st=0&gopid=1414100&
- Use the search function and enter your problem after you have selected all apb forums
- Still nothing? Create a dixdiag.txt file (Execute, dxdiag, save all information, upload e.g. here: rapidshare,com and link it, and describe your problem as detailed as possible! See this thread for how to write a bug report:
Anything missing? PM me!
If this is not wanted just ignore it.
I really hope for constructive Feedback, thanks and have fun
If anything goes terribly wrong and you damage any components or if anything happens to yourself etc. I want to make clear that i have no responsebility for that! EVERY CHANGE YOU DO, YOU DO ON YOUR OWN RISK!
# added high ping cause
# added freezing "window-mode-fix"-description
# Little clear up here and there
# added gpf fix for users with more than one monitor
# added low fps fix(es)
# added freezing fix
# add GPF music player fix
# added new "out of memory"-fix
# added Black/Green/Purple Clothing/Color Bug Workaround
# added blurry texture fix for 32os systems
# added abnormal high ping to mayjor unfixed problems
# added link to the "kicked out of vehicle"-thread
# Style reworked
# PM me is now linked!
# added errorcodelist link at the top!
# added "wrong expiration time for weapons" quote
# added German time to update line
# added page file memory leak issue workaround
# added Link to the "low fps"-sticky thread under "low fps"-categorie
# added Workaround for complete freeze with required hardreset and sound looping
# added punkbuster update guide
FIXED Problems (to be confirmed that they got really fixed by the community, until then they get on the "low ground"):
Tags for search function:
Wardrobe, Bugs, Bug, latency, ping, stutter, fix, fixes, solution, problem, problems, help, clothing bug, bugs, wrong, right, false, true
Edited by nXe, 05 June 2011 - 12:09 PM.