PotatoeGirl

Why is friendly fire still a thing?

It is so fun trying to kill the other guy when a teammate jumps on the line of fire and dies in one hit and the team leader kicks you out of the mission. 

Is it really so hard just to make allies act like walls and absorbing billets without taking damage? 

If the game still had traces it woudl have been less of a issue but it still doesn't.

Edited by PotatoeGirl

Never been an issue for me, have you thought of aiming at the enemies instead ? 699272347353612319.png?v=1

• Like 12

so instead of aiming you want them to remove friendly fire? yet again another thing you can easily avoid doing but instead you want it removed it from the game. stop posting your shitty suggestions about the game on this forum please and thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Weapon Balance is already heavily skewed against solo-play due to APB's somewhat high-ttk for a shooter. Removing friendly-damage will guarantee things to be MUCH worse.

Friendly fire is okay, obnoxious team leaders aren't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

have you thought of aiming at the enemies instead ? 699272347353612319.png?v=1

40 minutes ago, outfit said:

so instead of aiming you want them to remove friendly fire? yet again another thing you can easily avoid doing but instead you want it removed it from the game. stop posting your shitty suggestions about the game on this forum please and thank you.

Why even waste your time replaying if not going to read anything after the title of the thread?

Friendly fire is an essential part of APBs gameplay. Knowing when to fire, knowing when to dive in ahead of your teammate(s) are all part of the strategic side of APB. imo removing it will make APB less dynamic and therefore less fun. 

Shitty team leaders are a separate problem. 

• Like 5

if you hate premade groups now, youre not going to enjoy no friendly fire lmao

• Like 2

Not to mention that disabling friendly fire will allow everyone to spam nades freely on top of each other with no downside for their team which will be an extremely overpowered strategy. Imagine having a close range 1v1 and suddenly getting naded but the enemy doesn't take any damage from it because it was his teammate's nade. Or someone pushing your corner while his teammate is nading the corner, essentially exploding the nade close to them but only you take damage from it.

Friendly fire is essential to the game's balancing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

Not to mention that disabling friendly fire will allow everyone to spam nades freely on top of each other with no downside for their team which will be an extremely overpowered strategy. Imagine having a close range 1v1 and suddenly getting naded but the enemy doesn't take any damage from it because it was his teammate's nade. Or someone pushing your corner while his teammate is nading the corner, essentially exploding the nade close to them but only you take damage from it.

At least silvers with the grenade launcher will be useful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

At least silvers with the grenade launcher will be useful.

And vastly overpowered because players using grenade launchers will have no fear from damaging teammates, thus spamming nades even more viciously at the enemy whilst their teammates are also pushing them with no fear of taking damage from said nades. They would become useful because it would become even easier to use explosives than it already is and even more unbalanced for the opp. Suddenly, OPGL will become meta in every premade match up and thats not something you can balance by nerfing grenade launchers because it wouldn't make a difference.

I'd personally would like it if it was halfed, or if you get team killed the damage should be reversed like siege

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Why even waste your time replaying if not going to read anything after the title of the thread?

Because your conditionals don't matter.

1 hour ago, Sniperturtle said:

Good trigger discipline. Get it.

This, simply.

• Like 1

Know when to fire and when not to. If you dont know the difference then gitgud. Regardless of friendly fire its a fundamental requirement for a shooter.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 6:26 PM, Flaws said:

Then just leave the the explosives as they are. They are in way more limited quantity anyway.

To nerf/make it harder for golds or vets....same reason why collisions between players and other player cars outside of ur mission are a thing....a gold/vet could have of mastered everything but in the final stage a car oncoming could of knocked his vehicle over and he now has to leave his four slot max mod patriot vegas...etc for a packer ceresco or knock it back XD. U never know if ur going to win. that is what makes the game more thrilling to play and its the reason players come back to this day. U can only adapt so much.

Now as the pop. Decreased vets/persons don't have to adapt. So the obstacles are becoming more noticeable...i forgot the name of the effect. And matches are becoming more stereotypical. But if u know u have trigger fingers and ur team mate is aggressive go do the objectives instead u get more points ;). Thanks for reading if u did...its an obvious ans though...sometimes needed.

2 hours ago, Theronguard said:

But if u know u have trigger fingers and ur team mate is aggressive go do the objectives instead u get more points

Well, right now I just wait for my teammate to die and then I finish off the opponent one when they are on low hp. Easy kill for me and makes me look good but a wasteful way to play the game. 

10 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Well, right now I just wait for my teammate to die and then I finish off the opponent one when they are on low hp. Easy kill for me and makes me look good but a wasteful way to play the game. 

actually it makes you look bad. winning by baiting teammate ≠ good. 

• Like 1

It's only issue if you are way too trigger happy.

the demerit medal is only effective after your 2nd team kill, meaning that you'd have to be extremely purposeful in aiming at your alies.

8 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

actually it makes you look bad. winning by baiting teammate ≠ good. 

yeah but he dies and I don't + he also gets assist thanks to me.

1 minute ago, Bellenettiel said:

the demerit medal is only effective after your 2nd team kill, meaning that you'd have to be extremely purposeful in aiming at your alies.

is it? pretty sure I killed only one and get insta kicked by the team leader. 

14 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

is it? pretty sure I killed only one and get insta kicked by the team leader. 

check it out

4 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Then just leave the the explosives as they are. They are in way more limited quantity anyway.

that's exactly the problem, explosives as they are right now would become hilariously overpowered without friendly fire

5 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

It's only issue if you are way too trigger happy.

1 team kill gives you a demerit. Suicide needs 2 for a demerit.