Dear Matt, 

Are you okay? You still alive? Its been a good 16 days since we last seen any update.

Also i would like to point out during a Q&A on April 18th 2020

You told us the upgrade was ''weeks if not months'' and we're now 14 months further.

I think it would be a great idea to do another Q&A stream and see where we're at, at this point in time and how far you've come.

If not to push the population number up a bit, the steady decline in player population numbers is not something to be ignored.

• Like 1

they're not going to give another eta, not really much point in a q&a other than that for a majority of people imo

• Thanks 2

Surely they must be close, seeing as last year they wer so close as to where Matt said it'd be weeks if not months.

24 minutes ago, Bva said:

Surely they must be close, seeing as last year they wer so close as to where Matt said it'd be weeks if not months.

I dunno if you are being funny or just haven't been paying attention.

Feel free to read up on things if you are really interested. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bva said:

I would like to point out during a Q&A on April 18th 2020

You told us the upgrade was ''weeks if not months'' and we're now 14 months further.

Plans change dawg, we didn't get the engine back then because LO didn't know that they'd need to dig deep into the code like this, the betas showed clearly that the 2.1 build wasn't good enough to launch, that's why Matt's doing what he's doing for 2.2, cross your fingers and pray to the Orb it goes well 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Acornie said:

cross your fingers and pray to the Orb it goes well 

61fe4e49002d754ec69fcf50210e209c.jpg&f=1

• Like 4

Funny how so many people still believe it will be coming.

Ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the final days of APB.

Turns out it's not only lonely at the top, but also at the end.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

Funny how so many people still believe it will be coming.

Ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the final days of APB.

Turns out it's not only lonely at the top, but also at the end.

There was literally a playable BETA, which improved quite a bit.
The question is when will we get it tho.

When  All work  nice  we  become the Update this year. I belive on it.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:03 PM, Bva said:

I think it would be a great idea to do another Q&A stream and see where we're at, at this point in time and how far you've come.

There's no point in doing another Q&A if they have no news and i'm sure their roadmap is staying the same, except that everything is indefinitely delayed

On 6/24/2021 at 10:07 PM, Bva said:

his january update said that the current team could not get the upgrade in a working state and that they would have to outsource the work and hire some engineers to work on it.  Literally dont hold your breath or count on the engine upgrade ever coming into fruition. 

On 6/25/2021 at 12:58 PM, Bva said:

From January Update:

"For APB 2.1, it's become obvious that we don't currently have all the resources we need in-house to properly evaluate and solve the remaining issues. We have done 5 Open Beta tests, and while there has been a lot of hard work and some progress, it's not enough to meet our goals. To that end, we are in the process of signing deals with some Unreal 3.5 consultants that specialize in performance captures, identifying bottlenecks, and recommending specific optimizations that will work for the APB engine."

On 6/25/2021 at 12:58 PM, Bva said:

A good CEO or manager will never write or say anything that could be interpreted as stagnation, unless they mean it.

When i read the last updates on the topic it says "STAGNATION" in every post.

I draw my conclusions.

Imagine thinking the engine upgrade is actually a thing that's coming.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 10:56 PM, CookiePuss said:

Give the man a break. He's our last and only hope at this point. 

Rest must be earned!
but he hasn't done anything in 2.5 years)😏

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:58 PM, Bva said:

If the goal is to make it as optimized as the live version the hardest part just begins. Even if they half the quality, it probably still won't run as well as the current version. 

• Like 1

i don't think player population is now a treath to them. they don't focus on what is left and who is left to play this game. 100% focus on on engine upgrade and after that 100% focus on bringing back everyone. thats how i feel its goign to go. having dead servers is not there issue.

On 6/27/2021 at 11:21 PM, PotatoeGirl said:

If the goal is to make it as optimized as the live version the hardest part just begins. Even if they half the quality, it probably still won't run as well as the current version. 

If it's only "as optimized as the live version" then... oh my god.

On 6/25/2021 at 6:58 AM, Bva said:

they had to go back through after the beta and re-import things that were missed or left out because how they interacted with models/lighting were causing issues, By doing so, It'll probably need to re-beta. As there must have been a lot of bugs with the imports to warrant going silent for a week or two, and now hiring a new person to help. One can hope that we get it shortly, but until then...

The latest engine update beta I tested had abysmal performance. It literally ran like s**t. That said, the live client performance is slowly getting up par with that beta, and it runs like garbage too.

I have no clue what sort of nuclear pc's people who still keep playing regularly have (or if they just play with clay figure graphics and 1024 x whatever resolution), but even the live has been unenjoyable for me for quite a while now, as it runs like pile of garbage rolling downhill.