Westford

What's your threshold ?

Been playing this game for a number of years.

Will be probably be playing this game for the foreseeable future.

I am sure we have all experienced the proverbial Game crash and the Windows Pop-Up to Send a Report or Dismiss.

Admittedly, I was dutiful in the first 6 years of game play to click "Send Report"...

Now a days, I ask, "Why bother" and click "dismiss"
Even posted on the forums for some input from the gaming company as to the value of these reports.

Never heard a word...  

c'est la vie......

giphy.gif

But my threshold for "when I call it quits" for the evening has always hung around 3 disconnects.

This usually occurs within a 2hr game play session.

Have not been very successful in passing that threshold.

Typically, in a 2 hour game play session, my avg disconnects has been 3. and then I call it quits for the night.

What is your threshold before you end your gaming session ?

... more

Curious what the avg threshold is .

Hell, not much else to talk about .. let's talk thresholds.    😃

Edited by Westford

3 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

I only get kicked when trying to login sometimes. 

I am usually in a mission when I get the disconnects.

And almost ALWAYS, our group is winning.

Typically, we are on the tail end of a mission, we're gonna win, and then BAMMM.

I get a disconnect.

I just want to cry.

1 minute ago, Westford said:

I am usually in a mission when I get the disconnects.

And almost ALWAYS, our group is winning.

Typically, we are on the tail end of a mission, we're gonna win, and then BAMMM.

I get a disconnect.

I just want to cry.

Only you or the whole group?

13 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Only you or the whole group?

Just me ...

I quickly Startup the APB executable, it goes into "repair" mode.. (downloading) and hop back on.

Noone else was effected.

I think God hates me 😩

After the 3rd disconnect of the evening. I call it quits.

I figure God wants me to do something else with my time.

YouTube surfing, another game, hell, even doing my laundry without any issues.

😆

Edited by Westford

I do not suffer from random disconnects, but I do have a tolerance threshold, once players' insolence and impudence passes 75%, I tend to disconnect myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Westford said:

"repair" mode..

I have no Threshold, The more the hax dc me, the more I am motivated to come back and troll them. golds hate to see me in silver so they code me out. they get mad cuz i dont use aim assist or bots.

So Ya they knock you off, then the stupid launcher has to 'Repair' for 10 minutes when there's not a fuckin thing wrong with the launcher to start with. Thats the way the golds keep casuals out.

Tell ya one thing, If I were to try another game, I would start off with new emails n cheat my patootie off, Why should I try to be Legit, fkn Tired of being the Only One.  Not just this game, Warthunder, WoT ect. Hax run all games.

'It Is What It Is'

• Like 1

My threshold is if I've fought and lost against the same sweat 5 games in a row

my threshold is thinking about how long it takes for the game to start up and then comparing that to how quickly i can do literally anything else

ZERO here, i go afk as soon as i get two kills on my patootie(well in some cases), particularly with yellows as opposition 🙂

I got better things to do than waste my nerves with yellows.

ESPECIALLY after a frustrating day at work(which are all).

I literally don't need your shit!!!

Edited by Vnight
  • Like 3

On 6/19/2021 at 9:10 AM, MACKxBOLAN said:

I have no Threshold, The more the hax dc me, the more I am motivated to come back and troll them. golds hate to see me in silver so they code me out. they get mad cuz i dont use aim assist or bots.

So Ya they knock you off, then the stupid launcher has to 'Repair' for 10 minutes when there's not a fuckin thing wrong with the launcher to start with. Thats the way the golds keep casuals out.

Tell ya one thing, If I were to try another game, I would start off with new emails n cheat my patootie off, Why should I try to be Legit, fkn Tired of being the Only One.  Not just this game, Warthunder, WoT ect. Hax run all games.

'It Is What It Is'

Ok, so now you have my attention  !!

You're saying that a player can DC another player in game ?

I always wondered if that was possible.

Only because the only times I get DC'ed is at the most opportune moment for the oppisition.

We were on a tail end of a mission and winning, and I would lose connection.

I'm assuming in those cases, I get no standing or money.

I never DC when just driving around and playing tunes, only when on a mission.

My DC frequency level does increase however when I might be trolling some low rank yellow player using a Legendary,

and I either wreck them, or annoy them.

I am never toxic towards other players, but I know I annoy some players with my comments and subsequent kills.

So without giving too much detail, how the hell can another player DC me ?
Anything a player can do to protect themselves ?

Is playing with a VPN a possible protective measure, and is it allowed.

All I ever wanted was some competitive gameplay.

When I annoy or wreck an obvious "aimbotter"/"wallhacker" , someone who relies on 3rd party tools, and then loses to me...

Well, they are not happy .. haha 😆

I am what you would call a Generic player.

No Tools

No Special Launcher

Just me and my subpar to average skills wrecking low rank Yellows

Edited by Westford

1 minute ago, Westford said:

You're saying that a player can DC another player in game ?

He is, but you cannot.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

He is, but you cannot.

Are you sure ?

Do you have "Empirical proof"  😃

(I love that word)

Haha...

I was always wondering the timing of my disconnects.

Oh well

I still have my threshold to fall back on.

Edited by Westford

10 minutes ago, Westford said:

Are you sure ?

Do you have "Empirical proof"  😃

(I love that word)

Haha...

I was always wondering the timing of my disconnects.

Oh well

I still have my threshold to fall back on.

There used to be ways to do so, but those who did it were cheaters and have been banned (and I believe methods fixed). Most of the time people who dc'd others prefered to simply DDOS the whole game or crash districts while spamming bible verses...

Edited by Noob_Guardian

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

He is, but you cannot.

10 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

There used to be ways to do so, but those who did it were cheaters and have been banned (and I believe methods fixed). Most of the time people who dc'd others prefered to simply DDOS the whole game or crash districts while spamming bible verses...

They May have tried to fix it back then, But I'm telling you they can do it again. Now I'll admit i have Village Cable but everything else works fine, I run War Thunder on Max. I run a nitro 5 laptop. I have no issues otherwise. Even with the whole family going, 2 xbox kids, n the wife runnin hulu, n yes its all wireless. n as u probly know laptops are metered or Governed @ 60 fps

I play EU @ 124 lat n No DC, gets a lil skippy here n there.

At first opponent teleport.

Is the sign that I will be out in 10 minutes 

21 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Glad that the exploit was patched.

Do you know what that exploit was ?

35 minutes ago, Westford said:

it was possible to obtain people's ip addresses through vivox, which would then allow you to ddos them

a similar method is still possible on consoles, due to the way microsoft handles parties 

Once i have finished my daily contact activities. There shouldn't be limitations how many activities you can do, you should be able to do them all.

13 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

im always on the edge

are all your friends dead?

19 hours ago, Westford said:

There used to be one to crash districts by combining lililililili and other characters and spamming them fast enough. As Xiphos said, Vivox used to have a way as well but that was solely for individuals. Im not sure of other methods, it's been a long time.

The question here is what is your "disconnect" related to, does the game dump you in the lobby or do you get a CTD.

If you get a CTD is there an "out of memory" issue (some posts here seem to imply that)?

If the latter is the case what GPU are you using?

Newer nVidia GPUs can not handle the way APB stores data any more, ergo at some point you just run out of memory. That won't be fixed in the current game engine. I play on my laptop with an older nVidia GPU and i can play for hours on end not experiencing a single crash. On my desktop i have a newer GTX 1660 and i get a crash on there every 20 minutes around with the message stating "Out of memory" on desktop. You can increase the time to the crash slightly by using nVidia Studio drivers instead of Game Ready drivers, but not by much. Other options are to use Advanced APB launcher and turn down all textures to the minimum to keep the usage of memory low, but eventually you will end up crashing either way - it just takes longer.

At this point you might be off best making a dedicated PC for APB with the specifications of a 2012 PC using one of the GPUs listed as supported in the APBCompat settings.