PotatoeGirl

Pre made groups are killing the game.

Matchmaking never worked good in this game, nowadays when population is low it's even more unbalanced as before. In my opinion it's never a good idea in a game where teamwork is so important to put premade groups against solo players. The fact that premade groups in most cases have experienced good players, while solo's can be low tier silvers, brozes...even trainees is mind-blowing. But even when premade groups are faced against new players they for some reason play competitively. I'm not saying you should lose the mission, but cut them some slack, it's not going to be the end of the world if you are going to have 10 kills instead of 20! Good players also don't like playing solo because they find random players not good enough for their liking, they often even try to kick bad players so they have a bigger chance of winning. It's not that solo's want to play alone, it's just hard to find people in a dead game. A lot of people who still play are veteran players. They only group up with people they know, even if you are a decent player they don't give you a chance. In general people who play this game are too much competitive. I came to a conclusion life is too short to be stressed out because of some silly game, so it's better to not play and uninstall. I still sometimes check the forum, but even the forum is as boring as the game. When players constantly make new threads about the things that have been discussed 100x times before. 

In the end i'm going to mention Dirty Bomb. In this game you could group up with your friends only if you played ranked. In casual matchmaking it often happened that your friends were on the other team. Sure if the teams didn't have the same amount of players you could change team and join your friends or vice versa. But if this happened you could really see how much unbalanced the teams got. Without grouping up with friends it really killed the fun sometimes, but if the teams were unbalanced the game was even more boring.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Deadliest said:

just quit or take a break and save yourself the trouble.

Well, no wonder why the population is low.

8 hours ago, Deadliest said:

f you want to continue to play maybe group up with someone that you played with who's soloing is a good start.

Why do you assume ppl only want to play in groups? If that was the case there wouldn't be shortage of groups getting matched with other groups. 

Relay every  Body Know that a full  premates group have the advantages. 

That is exactly why it is a problem. If groups have huge advantage what is even the point of playing the game if you always going to lose anyway?

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Like 1

Just quit like every normal human being.
Sh*t has no future regardless of groups being disabled or not.
Groups are the only tiny bit of fun people can have in this wank game.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, PotatoeGirl said:

Who is "everyone"?

Look around. There is no one left to play this game. Even if someone decides to return they get thrown vs those few groups several matches in a row even.

Also don't you think pre-made groups should be facing other pre-made groups anyway? If that was the case i wouldn't have an issue with it.

that's how it would work with higher pop. if those aren't available, it can't do that. matchmaking.

but sure, let only loners into this game, because those will rope in all their friends. 😉

great idea.

4 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Well, no wonder why the population is low.

the population been decrease long time ago dude, the previous company killed it and LO try to revived the game but still has the same problems that G1 face. 

it's normal for people to stop playing, Even I only play when a friend ask me to play and we still had fun even though we both poorly experience high latency game play + all the BS the game offers, hit reg, stutter lags etc etc. Hell my rl wanted to play again hit me up and we played 2 missions and he quit because we were getting only attack missions in the worst spots in a row against the same duo NA players that played the game 24/7 (these guys time were playing at 3-4 am in the morning who does that?  Like i said the game is trash in a unique way but you can still enjoy it at some extent. 

There are better games out there in the year 2021. If i wanted to play a shooter I could always go back to quake live, CSGO, RS2, Call of Duty or battlefield. 

Why do you assume ppl only want to play in groups? If that was the case there wouldn't be shortage of groups getting matched with other groups. 

People do want to play in groups so they have a better team obviously, they just choose not to there's players who just want to play the game solo, don't care challenge and then there's you who solo and whinge about getting put again'st a pre-made group.

Find a group dude / clan or w/e are You on NA or EU?

spam in the district say you are LFG ' I'm a  potato girl" carry me

done.

Edited by Deadliest

17 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Have you ever group with someone? because the game actually feels so much fun if you have someone to play with, I just don't get it do you like soloing? 

Have you ever tried meeting some of the people that play this game? I use my microphone for the first time in years and boom: I'm getting stalked. This community is toxic trash and what's left after years of bleeding out in the dust are almost universally antisocial neckbeards who grief and throw scat at you.

Big shock that someone wouldn't want to group up. It's bad enough to have an itch to play this antiquated turd, but to actively group with people that play it daily? A fate worse than death, LOL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadliest said:

spam in the district say you are LFG ' I'm a  potato girl" carry me

Maybe that is how you did it but I am not so desperate to beg for groups. 

The game shouldn't require groups just to be played. 

Today I saw  few greenies and trainees and just made me wonder how long it will take before they uninstall and get back to fortnite or whatever after getting stomped few times. 

This community is toxic trash and what's left after years of bleeding out in the dust are almost universally antisocial neckbeards who grief and throw scat at you.

Yeah, this is one of the most toxic communities. When they are not flirting with you they are just being mad.

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

The game shouldn't require groups just to be played.

putting aside the fact that it doesnt, what would be the issue if that were true?

apb is far from the only game designed around teamplay 

4 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Have you ever tried meeting some of the people that play this game? I use my microphone for the first time in years and boom: I'm getting stalked. This community is toxic trash and what's left after years of bleeding out in the dust are almost universally antisocial neckbeards who grief and throw scat at you.

Big shock that someone wouldn't want to group up. It's bad enough to have an itch to play this antiquated turd, but to actively group with people that play it daily? A fate worse than death, LOL.

Every person I met played apb with over the years were the best people, known them for years, talked on mic no problem, so choose your friends wisely or who you played with. If they were toxic you don’t have to play with them or talk to them…

Yea just because that 1 random person stalked you, you have to blame the whole community being toxic, you are over exaggerating.

but hey if you don’t want to group up with people because of what ever reason then I don’t care. You play your way.

4 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Maybe that is how you did it but I am not so desperate to beg for groups. 

I rarely play I don’t need to look for groups I have enjoy the game while it last 😛 

Edited by Deadliest

13 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Yea just because that 1 random person stalked you, you have to blame the whole community being toxic, you are over exaggerating.

Well said, one swallow does not make a spring.

Besides, APB is well-known for having one of the kindest, courteous and most charming communities.  

4 hours ago, Deadliest said:

over the years

I'm literally playing MHW with 2 people I met on APB 8 years ago.

The only interaction I get with other players these days are hackusations or that I'm a stupid b**** cause I killed them. Ya, it's really good. Not a spring at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Damm. U could make a fortune on gg.bwater. (assuming ur a girl) lol...

Jokes aside u could use a voice changer it has apps...but i wouldn't use the mic ingame it's surround so enemies can hear u.  Realized that....eventually u will get a really good group 100% especially on fridays (most players on). try to make friends with them. Having a clear role on the team helps such as the distractor(enough said ;kevlar implants if they take pride. XD) , suppressive firer ( uses tagger mod grenades fire work launcher  etc), the agressor (runs into combat/ the med spray man, strategic in manuevrabilty cover to cover; Most golds. Then the normal ones close range, long range each supported by the their pistols. Made those up, YW

Edited by Theronguard
adding

no.  lack of population is killing this game.  You already have barely enough in a district to even GET a mission.  Take out premades and youll just be playing missions with no op.

On 6/18/2021 at 4:12 PM, PotatoeGirl said:

Either get rid of groups or force them to play in another channel.

Every time when the teams consist only of solos the game feels so much fun and even balanced.

But when premade get matched vs all solos (as usually happen), you may as well go afk because it is game over and you are waiting for the timer to runs out. 

so you want them to make people stop playing with their friends because you are shit at the game?

iI remember the times when it was possible to play one against the team, why.., and most importantly, when this button will be returned?

The only issue with groups is they can choose not have other players added to their team by unchecking the "alliance for open missions" checkbox in the group tab. If there's 4 players ready on one side and 2 duos on the other, those players will not match together. Instead, they all get placed in separate unopposed missions. This leads to longer matchmaking time, or worse never finding opposition.

• Like 1

premade groups with legit veterans mixed with closet cheaters are killing this game.

hell, I even saw once an arranged match in twitch where each team had 1 cheater on its side, it was embarrasing.

• Like 1

this is a topic that has no Happy endings nor Bad endings. People wil stil play this game if they enjoy it. if they don't they wil quit. we see new players come in APB and we see old players leave APB. new games are around the corner so people wil try to play others too. 

clan wars and clan servers are not goign to be added to the 1.20 version we all know that but it would be a good idea for premades to go play to a server created for premades or solo pllayers. and those who are intrested in just playing solo that those popel can jus tplay in a solo matchup.

this is just to create some more trust on players sides.

• Like 1