PotatoeGirl

Pre made groups are killing the game.

Either get rid of groups or force them to play in another channel.

Every time when the teams consist only of solos the game feels so much fun and even balanced.

But when premade get matched vs all solos (as usually happen), you may as well go afk because it is game over and you are waiting for the timer to runs out. 

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

so make everyone suffer because a portion of the pop has no friends to play with?

great idea

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xiphos said:

so make everyone suffer because a portion of the pop has no friends to play with?

great idea

no, everyone is suffering because of pre-made groups that have been slowly bleeding the population to the point that we are in now. Have Clan Wars servers so clans can face clans. Normal servers should be computer made teams. You can then drop rank, it will cut out dethreating and cultivate new players. 

It wont be a popular decision because a majority of the experienced players only want to stomp newbies. 

Also by posting the sarcastic "Great Idea" you are trying to Demean Potatogirls character.

Edited by Y2Venom
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

It wont be a popular decision because a majority of players want to play with friends.

There, I fixed it for you.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

no, everyone is suffering because of pre-made groups that have been slowly bleeding the population to the point that we are in now. Have Clan Wars servers so clans can face clans. Normal servers should be computer made teams. You can then drop rank, it will cut out dethreating and cultivate new players. 

It wont be a popular decision because a majority of the experienced players only want to stomp newbies. 

Also by posting the sarcastic "Great Idea" you are trying to Demean Potatogirls character.

you and your weird fixation on character, saying someone's suggestion is bad (sarcastically or not) has nothing to do with demeaning their character 

splitting the population at this point is a bad idea imo, the game already barely supports having 2 different districts, adding group and solo instances for each district will double the problem

plus messing with the group/team/mission systems at the base level is probably more work than anyone realizes, by the time orbit gets around to it phasing will have made such a split irrelevant anyway

i also doubt that a game based on teamwork and advertised as multiplayer not allowing friends to play together (which is what op suggested) will be very attractive to new players

12 hours ago, xiphos said:

great idea

Who is "everyone"?

Look around. There is no one left to play this game. Even if someone decides to return they get thrown vs those few groups several matches in a row even.

Also don't you think pre-made groups should be facing other pre-made groups anyway? If that was the case i wouldn't have an issue with it.

• Like 2

You can learn to play solo against them, as i did. Some of missons can be unwinnable, because they really is, but using good tactics would help.

Also, you can get friends and gather your own premade 😛

Edited by Nagletz

300 players in game right now.Remove premade groups-maybe 150-200 will keep playn.70-100 gonna be in social.The mission districts-total collaps even in Citadel.Case closed

Edited by AlienTM

Playing solo against premade teams is an excellent routine for brick hurling practice. 

Getting rid of premades will make almost all of those players quit the game. Most players who don't have friends to play the game with consistently have already left the game for this and many other reasons. Its a population problem and there is no solution other than to get more players into the matchmaking pool.

Yes, it is extremely frustrating and matchmaking in APB is more unfair than ever nowadays, with cheaters and premades (and premades of cheaters) around every corner but not letting people group up will only drain the population even quicker.

8 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Who is "everyone"?

Look around. There is no one left to play this game. Even if someone decides to return they get thrown vs those few groups several matches in a row even.

Also don't you think pre-made groups should be facing other pre-made groups anyway? If that was the case i wouldn't have an issue with it.

everyone means everyone, i'm certain that every apb player has played in a group at least once

i'd wager a good portion of those people returning do so either because a few friends are also returning or to play with a few friends that never left, take that away and those players won't be coming back

as i said above, i don't see much sense in orbit diving into the code for who knows how long to make a change that will eventually be resolved as a byproduct of phasing anyway

It is just another side effect of a stagnant active population.
Veterans & hardcore players optimize everything to win, and end up scaring new players / solos / casuals away.
Nothing new here.

Enforcing solo matchmaking would indeed make matchmaking teams fairer (More possible combinations of solo player rankings),
but you would probably futher kill the game population, lower the matchmaking sample size and make things worse.
You simply can't matchmake fairly an instance with 10/10 pop and ensure players find a match within 5 minutes.

19 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I'd agree with this.
Create instances where grouping is impossible, and calling backup is the only way to construct a team.

I think this was planned in the matchmaking rework with instance phasing.
Grouping would only be possible in Social. The team gets attached an historical or sum of individual ratings.
You then phase that group to the district with the appropriate team battle ratings.
That would ensure full premades, duos or solos quickly find matches on a comparable scale.

Edited by Talla

This is why you read the reviews before installing a game. Should've known what was coming to you.

18 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

So the current low pop is due to pre-made groups and not, oh I dunno, literally everything fucking else that's been wrong with the game for the past 6 years or so?

Edited by MrChan

I know some game matchmake based on if you're in a group. But it isn't realistic to make such a feature in apb yet

Fr, they should temporarily disable matchmaking and grouping for now until the engine update imo.

Population is FAR to low to really sustain these systems to even play at all 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 6:12 AM, PotatoeGirl said:

Either get rid of groups or force them to play in another channel.

Every time when the teams consist only of solos the game feels so much fun and even balanced.

But when premade get matched vs all solos (as usually happen), you may as well go afk because it is game over and you are waiting for the timer to runs out. 

yea lets ignore the fact that the game hasn't have a major update in the last 7 years, players just quit the game, resulting in low population that current matchmaking now is unbalance due to the low player pool available in the district, who's fault is it? the current players still playing what it was intended to be? what??

The game needs players for match to start, if there ain't enough players in the district there will be problems, longer wait time for match, going against the same opposition etc, Look at dead battle royal games they require XXX amount of players in the server for the game to start without them the game will be dead and games like Ring of Elysium merge match make with solos, duos into 4 man-squads so they have enough players to start.  Who knows maybe the last resort of APB is to temporarily remove threat and let everyone play in one district with no segregation and you wouldn't know their threat level, at least there will be a faster matchmaking. (This was done on HAN server)

you blame having squads killing the game when APB is all about playing as a team and making friends when you progress and there are times new players who started APB because their friends were playing it. That's how I found out APB reloaded when my real life friend was playing it and i was able to join and play as a group, so removing this feature is dumb for those new players who want to play with their friends.

it's still a good marketing for APB to attract new players or bring back old players to play with their friends again.  

Have you ever group with someone? because the game actually feels so much fun if you have someone to play with, I just don't get it do you like soloing? 

if you been playing this game years soloing you are doing it wrong, with your attitude and you going afk, maybe I know why no one want's to play with you. You make the game harder for yourself, at this point just play fight club.

If you wanted to solo the game for what ever reason, I don't care but note this you may experience unfair match like any other game pre-mades vs pugs.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Also, you can get friends and gather your own premade 😛

Who is going to play this shet with me?

I am questioning myself why I am still coming back to it even though the gameplay is solid (if the game had any playerbase).

9 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Who knows maybe the last resort of APB is to temporarily remove threat and let everyone play in one district with no segregation and you wouldn't know their threat level, at least there will be a faster matchmaking. (This was done on HAN server)

That is only a temp solution that will just result in more ppl leaving.

APB is all about playing as a team and making friends when you progress

Well not anymore. 

it's still a good marketing for APB to attract new players or bring back old players to play with their friends again.  

How? The game is super newbie unfriendly. 

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Well not anymore. 

removing premade groups is only going to make it more unfriendly 

new player wants to group with friends already playing apb? nope

new player wants to group with friendly player met while playing apb? nope

new player wants to group with experienced player to learn how to play? nope

the same people that are stomping now will continue to stomp even when they're solo, the only difference is now no one will have the buffer of goofing around with friends to offset the poor gameplay experience of current apb

7 minutes ago, xiphos said:

removing premade groups is only going to make it more unfriendly 

new player wants to group with friends already playing apb? nope

new player wants to group with friendly player met while playing apb? nope

new player wants to group with experienced player to learn how to play? nope

the same people that are stomping now will continue to stomp even when they're solo, the only difference is now no one will have the buffer of goofing around with friends to offset the poor gameplay experience of current apb

As I said in the first post, removal is not a necessity as long as it is a separate district. 

Also it may be shocking for you but most new players in games are usually solos who are just testing the water. 

There are in fact only few groups running in a district at a time which is why I get matched with the same ones few games in a row even if I wait a solid amount of time between matches. 

Edited by PotatoeGirl
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Who is going to play this shet with me?

I am questioning myself why I am still coming back to it even though the gameplay is solid (if the game had any playerbase).

God dammit you are such a Potato,

If you don't have anyone to play with or playing on NA just quit or take a break and save yourself the trouble. If you want to continue to play maybe group up with someone that you played with who's soloing is a good start.

43 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Nah Han population +

Well not anymore. 

poor mentality

Currently the game is decade old now most of them are veterans, at least they can get people to try the game out, the EU bronze district is still playable for newbies if they fix the de-threat problem.

Edited by Deadliest

17 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

As I said in the first post, removal is not a necessity as long as it is a separate district. 

Also it may be shocking for you but most new players in games are usually solos who are just testing the water. 

There are in fact only few groups running in a district at a time which is why I get matched with the same ones few games in a row even if I wait a solid amount of time between matches. 

how many is a few? 8 players? 12 players? 16 players?

i think putting those players in a separate district is just as unfair as you claim premades vs solos are, essentially they either have to face the same people over and over again (the very thing you complain about) or not play with friends, and depending on the actual number of grouped players, having them all moved to a separate instance or simply not playing is going to ruin the pop of solo only instances as well

i have no idea what the numbers are for solo new players vs grouped (altho i doubt its most tbh), but removing premade groups is still a net negative - adding more barriers to new player entry without actually solving anything

I dont Know what  is your Problem With big clan Groups. Relay every  Body Know that a full  premates group have the advantages. Ok then you lost  the round. And you become  for  Loseing match much  lvl  exp  to. All fine. This  makes  for me the Game noob friendly, everybody can  build  And  ungerade  His Charakter.