Letter

RMT and scams in disctrict chat. What do?

People openly advertise buying/selling/scamming accounts, APB$, weapons for actual money transfers outside of the game. Also there are obvious scam attempts for legendaries ("send me nano through mail, I'll pay 10M after trying it"). Apparently /report does nothing as these activities last for weeks. Am I supposed to ignore these or there is an actually working report method?

Also there is a notorious scammer on Citadel who managed to scam multiple guns and transfer them to clean account before s/he was banned on multiple older accounts. His collection atm is 34 legendary guns as s/he admitted. Not only *this person removed multiple paying customers of G1/LO from the game* (a lot of people quit after scams) but also disrupt activity of honest people by trading his ill-gotten assets and falsely accusing other traders in scamming. His/her existence with the stolen (or re-traded) guns is practically an invitation to use the same scheme instead of buying anything. AFAIK multiple people reported this and demand investigation and removal of the guns from the guy/gal. Could be nice to see LO actually taking actions in this case.

Funny facts.

Those unban requests are problably from players multiaccounting and ended like that.

Just a recent unbanned guy got his 17 legendarys back... makes you think.

Edited by Excalibur!

Play shitty games, win shitty prizes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Letter said:

People openly advertise buying/selling/scamming accounts, APB$, weapons for actual money transfers outside of the game. Also there are obvious scam attempts for legendaries ("send me nano through mail, I'll pay 10M after trying it"). Apparently /report does nothing as these activities last for weeks. Am I supposed to ignore these or there is an actually working report method?

Also there is a notorious scammer on Citadel who managed to scam multiple guns and transfer them to clean account before s/he was banned on multiple older accounts. His collection atm is 34 legendary guns as s/he admitted. Not only *this person removed multiple paying customers of G1/LO from the game* (a lot of people quit after scams) but also disrupt activity of honest people by trading his ill-gotten assets and falsely accusing other traders in scamming. His/her existence with the stolen (or re-traded) guns is practically an invitation to use the same scheme instead of buying anything. AFAIK multiple people reported this and demand investigation and removal of the guns from the guy/gal. Could be nice to see LO actually taking actions in this case.

If you have any proof of that person admitting it, you can clearly send it to support or personally to Lixil thru DM if it's "utterly urgent".

There's no such thing as a "black hole" in the database of APB. They can easily backtrace all trade operations made by an account just by searching for its name. So if this scammer send legendaries thru 100 accounts, it can take some time, but they will get to the items sometime.

But this only means he will probably lose his account and items; but this doesn't mean the ones scammed will get their items back. That would take LO to individually search for the ones scammed.

13 hours ago, Letter said:

How to fight this?

Make them trade first. Also, submit people admitting to scamming other players to support.

Nerf's for 1 weapon should stop. Entire system of weapons *murmurs intelligibly about ntec*

Need a rebalance (Talking about you anoobis)

(little orbit you moved my post into the wrong topic)

Edited by Zolerox
Umm.. Some mod wanna fix this? Post belongs here https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/1415-snr-the-silent-threat-should-be-nerfed/?page=2

/report in game doesn't really flag a player for anything but FairFight... sooo.... just for cheating... you need to record/screenshot and report to support for any scammers and other similar activities for anything like that to be done...

The sites where they sell these accounts and items are public. If LO cared they could easily look at those sites. Many of those people don't even bother to use a different name on those sites. All those character name change requests that are getting popular, yeah those accounts were just sold and the new owner wants a new name.

Funny thing that the accounts sell for more than the name change, so LO makes less then the people violating the TOS...

I've requested a few name changes, lol, I think 3 to be exact...

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

The sites where they sell these accounts and items are public. If LO cared they could easily look at those sites. Many of those people don't even bother to use a different name on those sites. All those character name change requests that are getting popular, yeah those accounts were just sold and the new owner wants a new name.

Funny thing that the accounts sell for more than the name change, so LO makes less then the people violating the TOS...

im still trying to figure out what RMT stands for.

in regards to "real world trading", there's nothing as a player you can really do about it. i mean you could totally try and set up an entrapment type of thing if you are that dedicated but i don't know if screenshots/videos showing intent is enough for any punishment. that's just something they'd state that they don't approve of, but i'm not sure how they'd enforce it. maybe if the two parties involved used the in-game chat to proceed with the transaction, that might be the only way but they'd be really dumb.

but they've already mentioned how tricky it would be to try and fix this entire scenario because of how creating an actual trade interface would create an even better avenue for real world trading to take place.

also, i think /report only works for suspected cheaters. or at least it supposedly used to.

edit: does RMT stand for real money trading? i've never heard of that term before.

Edited by Aeronaut

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

im still trying to figure out what RMT stands for.

in regards to "real world trading", there's nothing as a player you can really do about it. i mean you could totally try and set up an entrapment type of thing if you are that dedicated but i don't know if screenshots/videos showing intent is enough for any punishment. that's just something they'd state that they don't approve of, but i'm not sure how they'd enforce it. maybe if the two parties involved used the in-game chat to proceed with the transaction, that might be the only way but they'd be really dumb.

but they've already mentioned how tricky it would be to try and fix this entire scenario because of how creating an actual trade interface would create an even better avenue for real world trading to take place.

also, i think /report only works for suspected cheaters. or at least it supposedly used to.

edit: does RMT stand for real money trading? i've never heard of that term before.

Attach accounts to a real ID. That solves the account trade part of it. The accounts being posted for sale on steam and or other websites should be evidence enough, think that is called solicitation. I do not think they can really stop the trade of in game items or cash for real world money though. And honestly If you get scammed it is your own fault, everyone knows how shady people are, and more so when on the internet, so why risk it?

Also I have not really believed that /report did anything for years.

Game idea new currency Bonds, no tax on the can cash them out at anytime for face value... idk just something came to mind and would prolly cause more problems really. Or maybe Gold.... Or in game Joker boxes... wait gambling is an issue already..

If people are asking for RMTs in /d chat , just screenshot and send to support. This is the type of thing they do temp bans for. 

If scammed, same as before, send as much info as you can to support. 

Edited by CookiePuss

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If people are asking for RMTs in /d chat , just screenshot and send to support. This is the type of thing they do temp bans for. 

If scammed, same as before, send as much info as you can to support. 

I like to warn people first. Some people may be new, and not understand that a RMT is against the rules. If they keep on going... 

OIsYlBN.gif

• Like 1

have you tried turning off district chat?

game needs content and fix the lag, as if inside game economy is gonna affect anything at all. Fix the god damn game.

19 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

have you tried turning off district chat?

I have and life is beautiful now.

RMT is a bannable offence.

If you stumble upon situations like these, please capture all the evidence you can and send a ticket to support painting an accurate picture of what happened.

Scamming.

Posting about it on the forums might start a decent debate, but it will not help the situation until we have proper systems in place to handle things like trading, etc.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:35 PM, Letter said:

Apparently /report does nothing as these activities last for weeks. Am I supposed to ignore these or there is an actually working report method?

/report should not be used for cases like these.

Until there are proper systems in place: Do not trust middlemen, history has shown that trading right now does more harm than good for people.

Be careful out there, it's not fun losing your stuff.

Locking the thread. Please use support in the future 🙂

• Like 1