Shimmer

Can Jericho Merge with Citadel already?

1 hour ago, Sniperturtle said:

I have copies of my Citadel characters on Jericho. In general i consider Jericho to be less toxic and more fun to play on by the player base resident there. Yet my characters on Jericho are all still below R60. Because playing with 140ms Ping is just no fun. And that's why merging Citadel and Jericho is probably not a good idea.

Speaking of the Jericho community, I am of the same mind. I felt like home over there more than I ever did on Citadel, I guess that's one of the advantages of small communities (and basically the reason why I'd never like to see APB becoming a widely popular title, despite all downsides of staying a small one as it is). The community is noticeably less virulent and most conflicts are on the level of some local bantering. At one point, for that reason, I even gave up playing on Citadel and ended up with a couple of max ranks over there.

Now the performance is entirely another story, right, playing with like 150ms+ is not quite forgiving, but after some time one adapts perfectly, l could rarely rightfully blame the delay for any of my misdoings. I could use it as an excuse sometimes, though ^^; Apparently we somehow subconsciously calculate that delay in, after we get used to it.

I know not just a handful of more or less dear people from Jericho having their alts on Citadel, and would be happy to see them on Citadel on their already familiar to me main characters. Personally, if I'd have to chose between having a greater latency or an empty server, I'd certainly pick the former. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Speaking of the Jericho community, I am of the same mind. I felt like home over there more than I ever did on Citadel, I guess that's one of the advantages of small communities (and basically the reason why I'd never like to see APB becoming a widely popular title, despite all downsides of staying a small one as it is). The community is noticeably less virulent and most conflicts are on the level of some local bantering. At one point, for that reason, I even gave up playing on Citadel and ended up with a couple of max ranks over there.

Now the performance is entirely another story, right, playing with like 150ms+ is not quite forgiving, but after some time one adapts perfectly, l could rarely rightfully blame the delay for any of my misdoings. I could use it as an excuse sometimes, though ^^; Apparently we somehow subconsciously calculate that delay in, after we get used to it.

I know not just a handful of more or less dear people from Jericho having their alts on Citadel, and would be happy to see them on Citadel on their already familiar to me main characters. Personally, if I'd have to chose between having a greater latency or an empty server, I'd certainly pick the former. 

I'd like to see the game get as big as Possible. New players, brings better players. The game will be more enjoyable. There would be more people to play with and against. Playing on Citadel for me is really a participation of player thing, no one is ever on on Jericho sometimes. So my alt on Citadel tends to get alot of action. I can't wait for the engine upgrade. This game will be much more lively and fun in my opinion just from seeing the beta videos on youtube. I appreciate all of their hard work, and one day hope I can work with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keojago said:

I'd like to see the game get as big as Possible. New players, brings better players. The game will be more enjoyable. There would be more people to play with and against. Playing on Citadel for me is really a participation of player thing, no one is ever on on Jericho sometimes. So my alt on Citadel tends to get alot of action. I can't wait for the engine upgrade. This game will be much more lively and fun in my opinion just from seeing the beta videos on youtube. I appreciate all of their hard work, and one day hope I can work with them.

That's perfectly understandable and I take your point. Even though I wouldn't personally like APB to grow its playerbase by some large amounts and get like dozens of thousands players, for the game's sake, I hope it will. 

I do not know what people expect the (in)famous engine upgrade to drastically change, but I am afraid the majority is harboring unrealistic expectations. APB has a small, but more importantly devoted and loyal fan base, yet it is a very old game, with its playerbase being around for nostalgic reasons and as such I do not see it attracting many new players. Call me a cheerful pessimist, but I hold doubts the game will surpass its population numbers from 2013-2015 ever again, at least not in the long run.

On 6/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, Bambola said:

That's perfectly understandable and I take your point. Even though I wouldn't personally like APB to grow its playerbase by some large amounts and get like dozens of thousands players, for the game's sake, I hope it will. 

I do not know what people expect the (in)famous engine upgrade to drastically change, but I am afraid the majority is harboring unrealistic expectations. APB has a small, but more importantly devoted and loyal fan base, yet it is a very old game, with its playerbase being around for nostalgic reasons and as such I do not see it attracting many new players. Call me a cheerful pessimist, but I hold doubts the game will surpass its population numbers from 2013-2015 ever again, at least not in the long run.

This game is gonna take off! All we have to do is act like a respectable community. The action in this game is like no other. Its an Open-World MMO-Third Person Shoorter! It's to much fun. The grapchical updates and changes this game needs with make it into a whole new game. After the update, we will have a brand new game. Updates to gameplay, weapon/movement mechanics, Contacts, and hopefully vehicles. I just can't wait. I want to help make games like this one! The ultimate gamer's experience..

• Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 6:39 AM, Keojago said:

This game is gonna take off! All we have to do is act like a respectable community. The action in this game is like no other. Its an Open-World MMO-Third Person Shoorter! It's to much fun. The grapchical updates and changes this game needs with make it into a whole new game. After the update, we will have a brand new game. Updates to gameplay, weapon/movement mechanics, Contacts, and hopefully vehicles. I just can't wait. I want to help make games like this one! The ultimate gamer's experience..

This game has so many other issues than graphics. If you think some shiny new 3D bricks are gonna bring players back, oh buddy you have something in for you. Take it like this. Take a shitty book for example. The cover of the book is as bad as the contents inside of it. Now take that book, and give it a shiny new cover. Does it change the contents inside the book? No. It’s still shitty. If they actually put at least SOME effort into gameplay changes, balanced, etc., this game will definitely improve. But the sad truth is, as much as we want this game to be how it was in its prime time, it never will be. The hype is over. And it’s been over for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Euxoa said:

This game has so many other issues than graphics. If you think some shiny new 3D bricks are gonna bring players back, oh buddy you have something in for you. Take it like this. Take a shitty book for example. The cover of the book is as bad as the contents inside of it. Now take that book, and give it a shiny new cover. Does it change the contents inside the book? No. It’s still shitty. If they actually put at least SOME effort into gameplay changes, balanced, etc., this game will definitely improve. But the sad truth is, as much as we want this game to be how it was in its prime time, it never will be. The hype is over. And it’s been over for a long time. 

Joined just to say that, eh?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Joined just to say that, eh?

Nah I had a forum account before and apparently changing my name resets everything. Was JDM before.

1 hour ago, Euxoa said:

Nah I had a forum account before and apparently changing my name resets everything. Was JDM before.

In that case welcome back.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:51 PM, LilyRain said:

Globalization is integrated into the upcoming New Client.

Soon™

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Euxoa said:

The game needs to be improved, not changed. The graphics are pretty old school, which isn't really a bad look. It's just, players like nice graphics right? Have you seen the Beta? it looks amazing..

server unification needs to be done before the engine, otherwise the Citadel will end by the end of the year.

The lag makes playing on EU from the US pretty damn unplayable. I'd say it's about time LO admits its time to throw in the towel and move on. 

the last 2 days i logged in at about noon and at night normally when players are on and only bronze was up and the disc was about half full on NA. i think we need some sort of event to draw people back 

Whilst this is a good option considering the population, the ping for a decent amount of NA players is simply too high to play EU.

Yeah, NA is mostly Americans who complain about having to play EU at 120-250 ping, but for us Oceania players we've been doing that since the Joker/Colby merge as well as the Han shutdown.

Then again given the numbers, there might not be a choice.

9 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

the last 2 days i logged in at about noon and at night normally when players are on and only bronze was up and the disc was about half full on NA. i think we need some sort of event to draw people back 

Unless said event hands out large amounts of JT and moderate amounts of G1C for basic tasks like simply playing missions or getting kills, it won't draw people back. People are sick of the endless grinds that this game's events have, it sucks all the fun out of gameplay when you have to force yourself to do specific and arbitrary things that you don't enjoy doing to get the rewards.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Unless said event hands out large amounts of JT and moderate amounts of G1C for basic tasks like simply playing missions or getting kills, it won't draw people back. People are sick of the endless grinds that this game's events have, it sucks all the fun out of gameplay when you have to force yourself to do specific and arbitrary things that you don't enjoy doing to get the rewards.

i want an event that isnt some yee old patootie thing we been doing like beacon with dull boring meaning less titles you wont get because some clown is making sure to get top of the board each round and staying on for 15-20 hours a day to do so

i want a new map fun event with new weapons and objectives like its the 4th today so why not an event were the objective is to shoot each other with muskets and flintlock pistols to unlock them in mission disc? or you get a car with a cannon mounted on top and its just a drive around derby i can do that for an hour,

but i know they wont because of this "pandemic" and everything being so cut throat that making 3 feet of progress might mean you fall back 6 feet 

I joined Jericho myself. The community seems pretty cool, there were the couple of loud mouths, but nothing bad. All in all it was pretty chilled and nobody wants to have sex with my mother. She is very popular in Eastern Europe it seems.

• Like 1

Game unplayable for golds for the second week in a row. Remove segregation.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Euxoa said:

Game unplayable for golds for the second week in a row. Remove segregation.

Yeah uh... can we do somethin' about this please; thanks

ps: hi euxoa i miss you and ryzi

On 7/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, UpholdThePeace said:

Yeah uh... can we do somethin' about this please; thanks

ps: hi euxoa i miss you and ryzi

howdy