Delete884943468320878423

So let's talk about the latest APB less activity statistics overall.

Was wondering since nobody seems to care about the obvious anymore "what's going on?" the ironical decrease in activity on forums and auction house (citadel) shouldn't come as a surprise at all by now, but still... makes you feel like this game stands on its last legs for some "strange" reason, even knowing that Matt is working on the engine as we speak, begs the question how many yellows are going to come back for a final exploiting experience when it finally gets released? And how many will leave permanently (good riddance).

And blablabla yakidy smakidy.

do we really need to go over this again

forget about 1.2   if it dies so be it

LO should only focus on making the new engine as polished as it can be.

Some good ideas for keeping player attention though would be:

Making dying less punishing, make killing feel more satisfying
how?
When you die, all you see is your opponent jumping around your corpse and generally you have no idea why.
Fix for a less punishing death:
APB is a game that would benefit from kill cams, each gun is very unique so the new player doesn't know the difference between the sword and ntec. Show the person who died a replay from their enemies POV with their load out. This will help lower the skill ceiling as well as it will teach just about everyone what they did wrong in a fight.
Fix for more satisfying kills:
We all know it, killing in APB feels good. Probably because dying feels worst and you know it. It's part of what makes APB such a toxic game. 

Dying feels horrible -> player gets upset -> player kills enemy -> remembers what dying felt like, and gets a excited because they returned the favor

On a subconscious level: The customization in this game allows players to create a unique identity. Dying tarnishes that identity which = a more up-settable death and toxic reaction. There isn't much you can do about this besides doing your best to make dying and loosing less punishing.

XP gain should be based on individual performance not team performance. Only cash should be based on if you win or loose.

Merged.

7 hours ago, xiphos said:

haha im so quirky commenting the same thing on the same type of posts

• Like 1

10 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

APB is a game that would benefit from kill cams, each gun is very unique so the new player doesn't know the difference between the sword and ntec. Show the person who died a replay from their enemies POV with their load out. This will help lower the skill ceiling as well as it will teach just about everyone what they did wrong in a fight.

I think it's a good idea but to do this they would need to implement a complicated system of either the game recording your gameplay at all times and sending it to server thus causing lag for the player, or the server recording every single player at all times and thus causing more load on the servers.

EDIT: The way kill-cams work in Call of Duty for example, is that it shows a log of actions played in sequence rather than a video recording. This obviously is much more performance friendly but would require a complicated new system.

Edited by ColorBauss

17 hours ago, Vnight said:

Was wondering since nobody seems to care about the obvious anymore "what's going on?" the ironical decrease in activity on forums and auction house (citadel) shouldn't come as a surprise at all by now, but still... makes you feel like this game stands on its last legs for some "strange" reason, even knowing that Matt is working on the engine as we speak, begs the question how many yellows are going to come back for a final exploiting experience when it finally gets released? And how many will leave permanently (good riddance).

US PLATINUM PLAYERS ARE SICK AND TIRED OF DETHREATING TO BRONZE ITS NOT FUNNY. THESE SCUMBAG YELLOWS NEED TO BE STOPPED NOW. DEFEAT THE YELLOWS WHO WANNA SHUTTER YOUR MIND! YOUR DOORWAYS TO PERCEPTION!! I WANNA SEE YOU TRULY LIVE!!! I WANNA SEE YOU TRULY BE WHO YOU ARE!!!! RESISTANCE IS VICTORY!!!!!

8 hours ago, ColorBauss said:

I think it's a good idea but to do this they would need to implement a complicated system of either the game recording your gameplay at all times and sending it to server thus causing lag for the player, or the server recording every single player at all times and thus causing more load on the servers.

EDIT: The way kill-cams work in Call of Duty for example, is that it shows a log of actions played in sequence rather than a video recording. This obviously is much more performance friendly but would require a complicated new system.

If other games can do it, apb can do it. If anything allow it to be turned off if it's causing issues with performance

18 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

APB is a game that would benefit from kill cams, each gun is very unique so the new player doesn't know the difference between the sword and ntec...

I thought sword and ntec are identical...

1 hour ago, R3ACT3M said:

If other games can do it, apb can do it

That's not how any of this works. 

19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

ah my mistake then, didn't realize that only 1 game in the world could pull off a kill cam

Merged.

20 hours ago, Bambola said:

I thought sword and ntec are identical...

exactly, but a new player doesn't know. 

5 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

ah my mistake then, didn't realize that only 1 game in the world could pull off a kill cam

Well now you know.

😛

7 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Whilst it would be great to have a kill cam. You are over estimating APB 🙂

LO doesn’t care about the current player base but dreaming about the game will be populated after the engine update, good luck for LO🤭

4 hours ago, OCrazyGuyO said:

LO doesn’t care about the current player base but dreaming about the game will be populated after the engine update, good luck for LO🤭

It makes 100% sense about them not caring about the game rn

I just imagine it as "early access demo" rn. Why should a company care about a demo version of their game?

• Like 1

Is hard post with pleasure with a mod control that doesn't recognize multi posting ,spam, troll ,from a simple continued posting, as an artist, I could post everyday with new stuff.

But for the mod if no one post after mine then 2 post are automatically merged, bye bye date of update or notify in screen.

Genial.

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I just imagine it as "early access demo" rn. Why should a company care about a demo version of their game?

I wouldnt say its not caring. But i do have a legit fear that its being purposely let happen. I'm sure i am not the only one. 

8 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I wouldnt say its not caring. But i do have a legit fear that its being purposely let happen. I'm sure i am not the only one. 

Of course it's on purpose. Again, why care about 1.2? If they wanted the game to die I imagine they would have stopped posting engine stuff, increased instead of decreased the price of armas stuff and that would be the end of it. + Keep payed premium

I much rather have them shut down 1.2 if 2.1/2.2 is the future of apb. Considering that they haven't shown any attempts (besides the rare gungame) of trying to make the current version better as of the recent months

On 6/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, xiphos said:

Do you have a better idea sherlock? Everything seems expired in here by now, might as well play a broken record over and over while waiting for something to happen.

Edited by Vnight

23 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Think this way actually make me feel better 😛 thanks

On 6/15/2021 at 12:21 AM, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, I heard you need to have a dev team or sumtin.

On 6/14/2021 at 2:52 AM, Vnight said:

It doesn't looks like there will be any yellows either. 

lets be real, even if the engine update works (if ever gets finished) even better than the current game (which it won't), without any real content ppl the hype will die after the first week. 

10 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Yeah, I heard you need to have a dev team or sumtin.

It doesn't looks like there will be any yellows either. 

lets be real, even if the engine update works (if ever gets finished) even better than the current game (which it won't), without any real content ppl the hype will die after the first week. 

What counts as real content?

Official release plans to have:

New grenade type

New car

2 contacts

That's the most "content" this game has seen in years.

I personally could live with content trickle with where I am at in the game 1 maxed crim 1 lvl 200 enf. A new car? Got it. EMP? Got it. Contacts? Maxed. 

It's the content for new players, it almost feels like the game doesn't start until you hit 195. Players will play with the same mods for 195 levels. It feels rewarding to finally get 195 mods but to play against them is horrible. Don't see too many people willing to spend JT for 1 week of car surf. 

They should make rental time only tick if you're online and playing. Imagine spending 30k for a rental gun. Not have the opportunity to play for a week then have to buy the gun again.

I still wonder if LO is actually competent anymore about what they re investing in, what are they really planning to do with this game? It seems such a lost cause that by now its beyond recovering, are they really financially suicidal? Or are they really having an ACE in their sleeve?...Which i find it way too ridiculous to make sense, reality suggests, they are bleeding money by now, but they keep fighting till the last moment as it seems... very strange for a company to do this...

I really hope we don't know the half of it, cuz i'm glad this game still on 🙂

Thank you LO!

Edited by Vnight

On 6/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, R3ACT3M said:

When you die, all you see is your opponent jumping around your corpse and generally you have no idea why.

i've been killed by n-tec at 90m jumping enemy with my kevlar3 mod (about 2-4 secs), later, he got three shots by my 15+ optical nhvr an not die, you really thinking that newplayers can understand these gameplay by mini replays?

Edited by gypexa cynepcmap

9 hours ago, gypexa cynepcmap said:

i've been killed by n-tec at 90m jumping enemy with my kevlar3 mod (about 2-4 secs), later, he got three shots by my 15+ optical nhvr an not die, you really thinking that newplayers can understand these gameplay by mini replays?

Cause it will show you how easy you are to track with kev3 and how much of a sitting duck it makes you

and your nhvr bs could be blamed on bad server connection/bad netcode that is apb 1.2

Edited by R3ACT3M

43 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Cause it will show you how easy you are to track with kev3 and how much of a sitting duck it makes you

and your nhvr bs could be blamed on bad server connection/bad netcode that is apb 1.2

serious? I kill 3 or 4 players in that team, but time by time, it needs do 4-5(at least, i think, idk how mutch) hits to take down that "gold" mvp? well - its all make an idea that he is not legit at normal game rules, but not here, coz he donating so much, or idk why he not banned yet... I play kevlar all time as I can buy and add it to char' mod, I exclude any accident of error hits with increased hit points. That absolutly not server lags, at least on my displaying.

moreover, from time to time there are moments where, for example, three opponents are not far from the car, it explodes, and the distant ones die, but the neighbor one mvp, that does not have any mods for protection against explosions and increased health remains alive, as usual,

and other, then I using osmaw on 2 running enemy, 1st not die (gold), 2nd, in the immediate vicinity, hit by a blast wave when the missile meets the first, falls to the ground.

Edited by gypexa cynepcmap

20 minutes ago, gypexa cynepcmap said:

I play kevlar all time

first problem, Kev3 makes you slow and say you lost 80% of your health in a 1v1 you have to wait much longer than someone who was playing Ca3 who would have already started regening

21 minutes ago, gypexa cynepcmap said:

That absolutly not server lags, at least on my displaying

Shooting and moving isn't obvious when it comes to lag, but if driving feels very floaty is a good way to tell if your ping is high or type /fps into the console to see ping, if you're getting anything more than 80ms I would stop trusting your shots.

24 minutes ago, gypexa cynepcmap said:

hits to take down that "gold" mvp?

Ca3 lets you move much faster, a lot of silvers don't know this about APB but strafing is meta. You don't strafe you die, just how it is. I wish it wasn't this way. The better you move in APB the better you do. A kill cam would show how little they moved before death compared to whom ever they are facing.