AlienTM

Mad respect for Matt Scott

One person is tryn to get the job done?👏May takes 20 more years to be done but the fact that his losing his life and free time doin this is just inexplicable.All that for this game which probably not gonna grow much after the upgrade.Idk if is worthy at this point but we must show some support at least login and playn for some time instead of cryn all the time on forums.Wish you all the best boss and take some break from apb.Health and family comes 1st after all everything else is secondary.Take care

Edited by AlienTM
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

They say that if you want to do something right, do it yourself, but I am afraid Matt is hurting himself.

Why no one else has enough knowledge across all the game's systems?

• Like 6

This is what I don't understand.
Why is one guy working on the new engine? Where are Aphadon and all the other old developers? What happened to the old RP core? How many people does the current APB team consist of?  

Why are they re-doing everything? The updates have been very confusing since the 3d ball picture...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

One person is tryn to get the job done?👏May takes 20 more years to be done but the fact that his losing his life and free time doin this is just inexplicable.All that for this game which probably not gonna grow much after the upgrade.Idk if is worthy at this point but we must show some support at least login and playn for some time instead of cryn all the time on forums.Wish you all the best boss and take some break from apb.Health and family comes 1st after all everything else is secondary.Take care

He is not taking care of the most important aspect of the game. A good CEO would know how to delegate and tackle the issues at hand, rather than ignoring them and hoping that everyone will come back once the engine is done.

• Like 3

Lets All just remember for a minute, how things were before LO took over.  Lets see;

Dailey DDS attacks, Constant freeze ups or disconnects, The Old Goat doing Shout-Outs over the Hud, Game goes down on thursday and not rebooted till monday. I could go on.

We pretty much wouldn't have a game if LO dint come along.

A Good Leader doesn't always make the right decision, but whats important is that He makes A decision and leads Us.

We all want to get to the top of the hill, this Man has had his head wrapped up in this games code since they got here, those old devs from back in the day would be useless and or a risk to our game cuz they weren't tasked with Rewriting the whole game n have no clue of the current write's or changes, Matt does. 

Then if he did hire an old dev or some outsider, they would have to Learn or Relearn everything before they could dabble in our current code, n that would take Time n they'd probly phuck it up

We got Your Back Matt. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Lets All just remember for a minute, how things were before LO took over.  Lets see;

Dailey DDS attacks, Constant freeze ups or disconnects, The Old Goat doing Shout-Outs over the Hud, Game goes down on thursday and not rebooted till monday. I could go on.

We pretty much wouldn't have a game if LO dint come along.

A Good Leader doesn't always make the right decision, but whats important is that He makes A decision and leads Us.

We all want to get to the top of the hill, this Man has had his head wrapped up in this games code since they got here, those old devs from back in the day would be useless and or a risk to our game cuz they weren't tasked with Rewriting the whole game n have no clue of the current write's or changes, Matt does. 

Then if he did hire an old dev or some outsider, they would have to Learn or Relearn everything before they could dabble in our current code, n that would take Time n they'd probly phuck it up

We got Your Back Matt. 

Yet the population is on a worse decline than it was since G1 owned them. Not saying G1 were any better but let's not pretend LO are saints either. You say Matt has all this knowledge, yet there is nothing to show for it. I'll believe you when something gets released to the public. The EU servers are heading towards the same status as the NA servers, we also have people who are cheating blatantly with speed hacks who are still not banned yet, which is not going to help the population get any better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nev said:

Yet the population is on a worse decline than it was since G1 owned them. Not saying G1 were any better but let's not pretend LO are saints either. You say Matt has all this knowledge, yet there is nothing to show for it. I'll believe you when something gets released to the public. The EU servers are heading towards the same status as the NA servers, we also have people who are cheating blatantly with speed hacks who are still not banned yet, which is not going to help the population get any better.

Game has been dying since it was released none of the companies who owned apb did anything better than the other. Just play something else while you wait like everyone else.

Hi everyone,

7 hours ago, qb said:

This is what I don't understand.
Why is one guy working on the new engine? Where are Aphadon and all the other old developers? What happened to the old RP core? How many people does the current APB team consist of?  

Why are they re-doing everything? The updates have been very confusing since the 3d ball picture...

Rest assured the entire team is still here.

I'll be more candid here. We followed the same strategy for over 2 years with mixed results. It makes no sense to keep following that same course and expect a different outcome. Instead, I came up with a new strategy that the existing team had avoided since the beginning of the port to 3.5. In fact, there is a segment of my team that feels my approach 'cant be done'.

So I felt the need to take over this portion of the development and then hand the game back off.

The work has involved tearing apart the base of the engine to re-implement several core systems from 1.20. That has meant having to go backward and get the data ported over again. This is why you're seeing all the rework.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 33
  • Thanks 10

Just make sure to not burnout yourself or the team. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I'll be more candid here. We followed the same strategy for over 2 years with mixed results. It makes no sense to keep following that same course and expect a different outcome. Instead, I came up with a new strategy that the existing team had avoided since the beginning of the port to 3.5. In fact, there is a segment of my team that feels my approach 'cant be done'.

So I felt the need to take over this portion of the development and then hand the game back off.

The work has involved tearing apart the base of the engine to re-implement several core systems from 1.20. That has meant having to go backward and get the data ported over again. This is why you're seeing all the rework.

Thanks,

Matt

The team was to optimistic than, apb REALLY needed someone to just go line by line through the code and rewrite a lot of the systems. This is a game that was rushed to release and had many systems and features brute forced into implementation doing any changes or fixes just worsened performance and or introduced new bugs. I'm glad someone is finally doing that work but you should really allocate some of the code to other devs on the team I know you guys must still have some g1 staff on the team or even rtw staff who might be able to help you.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Good point, too bad the disappointment surpasses the expectation, its going to be a waste of time for them as it was for us sadly... but i'm glad they keept this place alive for us for so long, problem is in the end, it only delays the inevitable.

And about the break, family and stuff... no thanx! Never thought about it, never will... families tend to be the end of your freedom and the beginning of a VERY long term regret.

Not that life is better either way, but just saying... it can be worst.

But yes... they had to deal a big amount of financial sacrifice in order to please future plans, i greatly appreciate it myself as they basically saved me a huge amount of psychical agony that i suffer every day anyway. but with pauses cuz of this game.

Edited by Vnight
  • Like 1

Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated.

There are a few loud toxic assholes, but I can assure you, that many people see you effort, and are waiting patiently for the outcome.

I am not playing APB for a few months now, but its ok. I am watching the progress silently, and cant wait to come back. Many people are.

Even tho I strongly disagree with a few things (mainly some weapon changes), I just want to say.. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

off topic:

will AMD fidelity super resolution (or whatever it's called) work with APB? maybe we're in front of a fps booster after a loooong time.

• Like 1

There's still going to be crying and still some blaming. Some wounds cut too deep when you've grown old enough to become bitter 😄
I keep myself in the loop and I'm optimistic, but that's only because I haven't gotten on APB for a while.

Sucks to keep reading that G1's statistics were better when it was years of this confused, silent and painfully slow murder.  LO picks up the torch and now G1's comparably better in some margin? Nah. Stop bringing up that old name, it keeps me up at night.

• Like 1

The fact that a CEO takes his time to deal with this is amazing. 

You don't hear other CEO's of game companies being this deeply involved.

Thank you all your hard work Matt! ❤

80-Respect-Memes-Quotes-and-Funny-Memes-

• Like 4

Everyone is "losing" their life and free time doing their jobs, especially if that's something they are passionate about, more so if that brings them good money. Should that be something truly praiseworthy? Most likely yes, particularly nowadays. Either way, it is quite nice to see the community being positive, for a change, expressing its support and giving needed recognition.

i guess its cool and all but mostly all i feel is mad concern, switching shit up in the middle of development is a big reason apb is the way it is in the first place

I am just gonna say thanks to Matt Scott and the rest of the team for everything really.  I know it ain't easy.

Sometimes I wanna go to Matt's workplace just to gift him some cake and shake his hand after, to show my support... I hope sometime I will...

But now I just wanna say...

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Мы верим в Вас. 🙂

Edited by Nagletz
  • Like 1

I salute u Matt, make apb a masterpiece

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:31 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

I guess you need a more talented team, I am glad you are taking over to help out which is, all good and well. But it does not give me confidence with the team you have, if a CEO needs to take over to help out.  Just makes me think that they are not good enough to work on this game alone, but hopefully you will all prove me wrong and the engine update is amazing. But you need a plan to deal with the blatant cheaters running around now. The pop is on the decline and people are losing faith, with a lot of former legit players choosing to cheat their patootie off. I appreciate the engine update is important, but there is also a major issue at hand which needs to be addressed. You can't just run away and pretend like the game has no issues, you told us battle eye is one of the best anti cheat out there, yet there is more cheaters roaming around than when we had easyanticheat. You gave us a glimpse of a good anti cheat then brought us back to something that failed the game, which is pretty sad.

Edited by Nev
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 12:01 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

Dailey DDS attacks,

Constant freeze ups or disconnects,

The Old Goat doing Shout-Outs over the Hud,

Game goes down on thursday and not rebooted till monday.

game still gets ddossed

game still freezes and d/c's

goat actually got a decent job iirc, so he moved on

game still goes down now and then

nothing is different, just fewer people care and spend time on this game

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Never forget "You'll get sick of us communicating"

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edited by iRawwwN

most of the community can go suck on a fat one for all i care but i will always love and cherish this unique gem of a game that has kept me company by replacing depression with anger and at times laughter which i kind of prefer

does not matter how long it'll take for you to finish this meme of an engine upgrade so as long as you keep the game running, updated with new content afterwards i will continue to support it financially or vocally. Just stay out of politics like you did with BLM, it doesnt take a genius to figure that taking sides like this only f u c ks up your business like they have looted and pillaged local stores and houses across america, that's all i ask

• Like 3

hey look we found one of the few people that understand making rocks and metal do what we want them to by typing in complex words we made up to commutate with each other is hard word becuase the magic rock and metal machine does not care for our advance nature and will do anything in its power to make us angry