RemoteDet

APB appreciation thread

This game is awesome.

It's the fastest shoulder shooter on the market.

all you haters can eat my shorts.

post how much you love horses in this thread.

• Like 3

nah the game used to be decent when we had a anti cheat.

• Like 2

Horses are magnificent and noble animals, I love horses!

Tiggs likes this. 

• Like 1

This game was very ambitious at the time.
It's so ambitious that no one in the gamedev industry even tried to reproduce it, yet.

I'm eager to see someone try with modern development tools.

Edited by Talla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Talla said:

It's so ambitious that no one in the gamedev industry even tried to reproduce it, yet.

I hate to be a downer, but the game's failure is probably why no one has tried to reproduce it.

It can be great...but it's not

news this weekend can be appreciated (2 weeks after all)

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I hate to be a downer, but the game's failure is probably why no one has tried to reproduce it.

Also true

I would Appreciate Merging NA to EU where You have hiden all the people. Although the numbers came up yesterday, NA is normally so dead that I wonder why U pay to keep it running.

I would gladly pay a fee to transfer, there is no sense in grinding joker jobs in NA if noone will be there to use a legendary against, and or you close NA n do not allow transfers which is what i figure will happen, so I've started over in EU, But If you think Imma drop 2 thousand dollars in EU, you are sadly mistaking.

n I got another thing to say, I went to EU n I had FUN. which will piss off all the sweatys who play simply to ruin apb and for no other reason than that.  

15 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I would Appreciate Merging NA to EU

on one hand, a pop would be nice. on the other, I don't want to play with russians

The game is awesome, but the people running it are useless. They are pretty much another G1, when they tried so hard to be something different.

We literally have cheaters running around without any repercussion, on top of other former legit players choosing to cheat to compete with the cheaters. This game is a shit show and it doesn't look like LO is trying to fix the problem, but rather rely on a engine update to solve all the issues. Engine update is not gonna solve the cheater issues 😉  

Edited by Nev

It continues to amuse me that people still think the engine upgrade is coming. If you've been paying even the slightest attention to things, you'd realize it's a PR stunt to get people to keep playing and spending money on the game for as long as it can be milked. All of the open betas were identical, no improvements or changes made. The things that MattScott blames in those "update" posts, are the same handful of things on a repeating rotating cycle. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, people.

at this point the people still believe in the game and not so much in the company(like always actually)

6 hours ago, Nev said:

Engine update is not gonna solve the cheater issues 😉  

Glad to see someone gets it.

The engine update was needed for console deployment mostly.
Having a unified codebase also allows devs to send updates more confidently and faster.

In the backstage, it's still Unreal 3.5.
Cheat makers already have no difficulty to hook onto it, and we'll be back to the good ol' signature-based detection that is actually worse than FairFight.

Edited by Talla