NotZombieBiscuit

A trend that is becoming more common lately with the forum moderation team

As of lately I have noticed something among the moderation team that is becoming increasingly more common. More and more posts and threads that really don't break the forum rules have been getting removed. 

Now I am probably the last person on these forums that people care about when it comes to someone talking about the more 'political' nature of the content upon the forums. However I thought it was something worth bringing up anyway as it is not just something happening to me (as expected) but a number of other more abiding forum community members. 

Most of this content deleted only barely touches in to what could be considered negative with some of it even being neutral more than anything (With most of these posts even receiving far more likes than dislikes). As of late it seems as though anything that is not strictly a positive reaction is up for consideration of deletion. Are the forums not here to be a board for meaningful discussion whether that be negative, neutral , or positive? I agree posts that are vastly on the side of negative with no construction to the ongoing conversation should be looked at and decided upon whether they should be removed or not, but this current trend of moderation seems to be infringing in a little to strictly. 

We all remember what the previous forum was like when it came to such things as mass lock and a complete disregard for any discussion that did not strictly sit within some elevated rule set that only the moderators knew from day to day in their minds alone. The current trend is a slippery slope in going back to such a thing. What reason is there to remove non-positive opinions when it comes to discussions? 

EDIT:

Also don't forget that some people's member titles have been removed while other's have not for some reason.

And also lack of consistency with some forum warnings (Some giving proper explanations/what post/why.

Other's giving generic reason and no information at all).

Also the post count manipulation.

Also the mods breaking the rules indirectly (Mods approving triple/quad/penta back to back posts or posts that are approved then later removed).

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 6

I don't know what's with this, but it's really freaking annoying.

• Like 1

might rub people the wrong way, definitely rubs me the wrong way

don't turn it into this, you'll lose people fast. I've seen a few threads that were generally positive and definitely harmless being removed, uh... why?

2 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I aint readin all that 'stuff'

tldr?

TL:DR Mods removing posts that are not breaking forum rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just ban zombie and delete this thread for the irony please

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

just ban zombie and delete this thread for the irony please

Seconded. 😛

Also don't forget that some people's member titles have been removed while other's have not for some reason.

And also lack of consistency with some forum warnings (Some giving proper explanations/what post/why.

Other's giving generic reason and no information at all).

Also the post count manipulation.

Also the mods breaking the rules indirectly (Mods approving triple/quad/penta back to back posts or posts that are approved then later removed).

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

okay seriously i need a mod to delete this right now

1 minute ago, Niggs said:

deadliest is best anti recoil skid

uh oh

I concur that this is a valid concern and something I have noticed as well. There are more than a few Toxic as fook threads that are still running while other less so have been erased from existence.

33 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

I concur that this is a valid concern and something I have noticed as well. There are more than a few Toxic as fook threads that are still running while other less so have been erased from existence.

Noticed this as well, in specific one thread where a user openly attacked "bronze/silvers" for trying to add to discussions, acting as if their opinion is any less valid than any of our own because of some stupid threat level symbol, the thread devolved into just people slinging general rudeness at OP (which I dare say, was not undeserved), but why was that thread not deleted faster? It was locked, but at that point the discussion had mostly died down, however, other threads which were much more toxic (and less toxic) have been deleted in a much faster manner.

1 hour ago, Similarities said:

Noticed this as well, in specific one thread where a user openly attacked "bronze/silvers" for trying to add to discussions, acting as if their opinion is any less valid than any of our own because of some stupid threat level symbol, the thread devolved into just people slinging general rudeness at OP (which I dare say, was not undeserved), but why was that thread not deleted faster? It was locked, but at that point the discussion had mostly died down, however, other threads which were much more toxic (and less toxic) have been deleted in a much faster manner.

He was right tho.

I noticed this several days ago...

It's why I jumped to conclusions thinking that the old mod team was back...

To be fair, it really only seems like 1 or 2 of the mods are like this though.

Still. it's a little worrisome since it's entirely new people that are beginning to do the same things...

It sounds like bad news, for sure...

But this is something that you should try documenting. We have zero context to go off of for the point of this post, only what you've claimed to see. What exactly do you perceive to be this supposed aggressive moderation? What sort of topics that "don't break the forum rules" are they removing?  For all I know they could have legitimate removal reasons. This sort of claim should be backed up! Otherwise, what am I reacting to?

It's not that I doubt what you're saying, but the forums have a tendency to claim a lot of things as bad news. If we had examples of what you're talking about, I'd find it easier to react with a "You're right! That's really messed up."

6 minutes ago, YumaKirosaki said:

It sounds like bad news, for sure...

But this is something that you should try documenting. We have zero context to go off of for the point of this post, only what you've claimed to see. What exactly do you perceive to be this supposed aggressive moderation? What sort of topics that "don't break the forum rules" are they removing?  For all I know they could have legitimate removal reasons. This sort of claim should be backed up! Otherwise, what am I reacting to?

It's not that I doubt what you're saying, but the forums have a tendency to claim a lot of things as bad news. If we had examples of what you're talking about, I'd find it easier to react with a "You're right! That's really messed up."

Thats exactly the problem, they go into oblivion without a word.

I at least got an explanation about mine from Lixil.

@Lixil 

We need an answer... Is anybody from the old mod squad is still a mod?

Some of us quitted forums / went inactive to passive readers due to the cancerous nature of the people who were chosen to be forum mods... If those people are still here please do tell us, we want to stop using the forums.

(personally i havent experienced mod abuse but i dont like to be in place where that happens and im allergic to <insert some good insult for those wretched scums>

Thanks 🙂

Edited by Thelnformer

9 minutes ago, YumaKirosaki said:

But this is something that you should try documenting. We have zero context to go off of for the point of this post, only what you've claimed to see. 

Unfortunately it is hard to document it without blanket documenting everything someone posts as a lot of this content is stuff you really wouldn't think would be deleted. Thus you wouldn't think to document it either.

good thing they're doing it, people started to abuse the liberty that the new management gave on the forums. 

• Like 1

Are you just upset because you tried to belittle the CM and your post got removed? I'm talking about the post where you asked her if she used google translate.