Kinksta

Suggestion Missing AP Weapons / Fallen Earth

I've made a list of possible ap weapons i feel like we're lacking or that would be nice to have and fun to play around with.

now all the stats might still need tweaking, but you'll get the idea, it would be nice to have more variety on weapons at level 55.

ofcourse this would be better if the Dt Weapon Prices would be reduced, or maybe a diffrent way to obtain them.

let me know what you guys think, those stats will need testing though.

The List :

Steel Blades

Design : 53874ab1928d698599a33ccb85becbf2.png

Item Level: 65
Weight: 2.50kg
Fatigue:    20
Damage: 103 Slashing 113 augmented
Delay:  1.2 seconds
DPS:    94 Augmented.
Max Range:  1m
Attack Skill:   Melee 195
Defensive Skill:    Melee Defense
Requirement:     Player Level 55
Modifier:   +5 Melee

AP Axe

Design: 098bfbd95f437e02c65d96cd10774e5b.png

make them dyeable and it'd be fine

Weight: 4.50kg
Damage: 166 Slashing , 182 (augmented)
Delay:  1.3 seconds
DPS:    127.7 , augmented : 140DPS
Modifier:   +10 Melee

AP Sword, 2 handed

AP Heavy sword

Design:  probably any sword but dyeable.
Like an AP Lunatic

Damage: 182 slashing / 200 augmented
Delay:  1.4 seconds
DPS:   142 augmented
Modifier:   +10 Melee

AK (rifle)

Design : 1032c12454b3407d250ae4ec1198c317.png
About same size as shark but augmented if possible. because we really need a dt automatic rifle 
no scope, just a zoom like pistols [Editted stats 02-08-18]

Weight: 1.50kg
Damage: 82 ballistic 90 augmented.
Delay:  0.3
DPS:    224 Augmented
Max Range:  50m
Ammo: 32
Reload: 3.6s
Attack Skill:   Rifle 195
Defensive Skill: -
Modifier:   +15 rifle

Mini(SMG)

Design : a1cc0259f879acd86f53ccdf059debff.png

can use this design, just add dye option

a smg for the back slot AP for pistoleers, to have a little bit extended range.
 [Editted stats 02-08-18]

Damage: 66 ballistic 72 augmented
Delay:  0.3
DPS:    186 Augmented
Max Range:  50m
Ammo: 24
Reload: 2.4
Attack Skill:   Pistol 195
Modifier:   +10 pistol

Ap Crossbow.

Design : crossbow, dyeable

Some people would like an ap crossbow, yeah it might seem a little OP
it should stick to the pistol crosshair not the circle.

Damage: 220 ballistic – 242 augmented.
Delay:  -
DPS:    101 Augmented
Max Range:  65m
Ammo: 1
Reload: 2.4
Attack Skill:   Rifle 195
Modifier:   +5 rifle.

Tickle (Knife)

Design : fb7ac2809b33f40a8ee0e3c002484a12.png

another model thats in the game, maybe slightly bigger and a dye option

A fast melee knife , for dual wield

Damage: 64 Slashing , 70 if (augmented)
Delay:  0.7 seconds
DPS:     100 DPS augmented
Modifier:   +5 Melee

HandCannon(Pistol) 

Design : 4c51d657cfa9cc41d20cd1a2cb3c9f10.png

designs pretty close to this already exist ingame, slight changes and dye option would be nice.

Damage: 126 Ballistic , 138 if augmented.
Delay:  1.2 seconds
DPS:    89 augmented.
Ammo : 7
Reload : 3.6
Max Range:  36m
Attack Skill:   Pistol 195
Defensive Skill:   
Requirement: Player Level 55
Modifier: +2 pistol

Auto Shotgun AP 

DESIGN: 882b65d5bbc34244b52537af1585d1df.png

[Circle Reticle]

Item Level : 65
Weight:8KG
Fatigue: 20
Damage: 116 Ballistic, 127 Augmented
Delay: 0.7 Seconds
Dps:   106 Augmented
Ammo: 8
Reload : 4.6s
Max Range: 15m
Attack Skill: Rifle 195
Defensive Skill: 
Modifier: +5 Rifle

AP Double Barrel

Design : Elephant gun, dyeable

Item Level : 65
Weight:8KG
Fatigue: 20
Damage: 191 / 210 augmented
Delay: 1.0
Dps:  91 augmented
Ammo: 2
Reload : 3.6s
Max Range: 16m
Attack Skill: Rifle 195
Defensive Skill: 
Modifier: +4 rifle

Edited by Kinksta
Changed some values

If they don't want to go to trouble of making new AP weps, Id be happy with just allowing wardrobe for weapons.

Concepts are nice...

But 1.3 vs 1.2 One Handed Melee... let alone without recommending to pull Shards down on damage as currently they're higher than they should. SMG is subpar on DPS, as is the shotgun... Both of which are easily outclassed by every weapon currently.

The rest have their place but probably should post up some things later as a counter-argument. More options are nice but they need their place.

Pistol reload is far too long, but that's always been an issue... but that being said all pistol reload times need to drop.

AP Venom Fangs?... Would be fun but you should base it off the current scaling of damage. Since shards were boosted to make them an actual upgrade we'll have to consider NE's vs AP Lights. That's a 16.66% upgrade to damage. However, like Volatile Heater clubs you'd have to consider that the 20 Poison damage would be superior to it being converted to physical like the other AP weapons. This is because 20 primary damage is roughly 8 after 60% resists and Fangs deal 14 damage in the same situation unless the target is running Resilience or Ablate. Not to mention Venom Fangs are a level 50 weapon, not a 55.

That being said, they will actually "match" the damage of Venom Fangs but have AP augmentation. When in truth they should maybe be boosted to about 70 damage (64 pre-aug and 70 post) giving them a DPS of 100.

That being said tho, AP AFFAs should be added while following the rules of say Skathi's Breaker. This would give them 100 listed damage with 110 augmented, giving them 91.66 DPS. But then Shards will need to come down to 114 base because their base damage is far to high currently.

No real reason to add an AP shotgun that is faster (let alone with longer delay without it being a burst weapon), the SIR is already a jacked up Coyle ELB 20 Gauge. Maybe if you compared it to the Lemke Arms AS-1, which actually has reasonable reload/delay.

The only weapon here that probably would see use without being useless is the Axe/Sword, but those are easy to mesh up with weapons of equal tier since they already had 195 variants.

Edited by NysekZePope
Added more information

Would be nice to have variety, the Tickle knife...really? lol What a name :classic_tongue:

Nice ideas Kinks.

Great suggestion Kink, I think most people out here loves to see more variations of AP weapons, That steel blades and AK would be dope to have it as an AP weapon.

Handcannon pistol is redundant though. As pistols were always light/med/heavy and it's the only weapon with all it's variants. Also what's it's purpose? It has a reload and is worse than dildos. If anything normal pistols are the 1 weapon that doesn't need something.

Elephant gun is a burst weapon which follows a 2.0 weapon delay setup typically with the longer reload of 4.5. The thing is the sir shotgun is a hybrid as nysek said and the suggested one here doesn't really hold a role as it's barely better than the elephant gun due to the 1 sec reload. Unless the sir shotgun was changed this would just be weird and redundant.

Auto-shotty should follow the lemke arms design in all honesty. Lower cooldown of 2.5...higher clipsize. Dps should be 150 or so minimum considering you are talking a dps weapon(150 is prob about good due to circle reticle). This would still be mediocre, but at least it would sort of be worth it rather than you know a 165 weapon with some regen.

Yeah the Tickle should have higher damage due to them being the dps variant...similar to how lights have higher dps for this very reason.

Crossbow is weird. It's regular crosshair by default I'm fairly certain and OP? It's a weapon that has to go on radar(i think) for burst and has a 2.4 refire. That edges out the normal sniper in damage. It should be like 250 or something and maybe bump reload to 3.5(follow the sparky design) so it has a burst purpose at least.

Smg should probably go to 50m/55m and it would prob come with higher dps as it's a dps setup and similar weapons are at 200. That or give it other perks. Reload shouldn't be higher than 2.5(should maybe be lower)...ammo should be like 30...pistol bonus should be like 20. It's an offweapon so make it somewhat interesting. Maybe even 0.3 refire instead of the standard 0.4 for similar.

Assault rifle should prob be similar to the one below it...refire etc. Weapon bonus shouldn't go above 10.

1 hand medium melee weapons should be like 1.1 or 1.2. Should augment to like 95/96 dps.

Ehh can't be bothered working out the math, but skimming them and comparing ingame a good chunk are redundant or are like 165 weapons pushed to 180 weapons with ap augmentation.

i did say they would require testing and such, those stats were mainly examples.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:06 AM, Kinksta said:

i did say they would require testing and such, those stats were mainly examples.

As long as it's not pre-LO testing... one week and maybe 1 adjustment = "live".

I have a heavy weapons toon, I would like to see a AP heavy weapon, a new rocket launcher perhaps. a flame thrower would be pretty cool though, something to battle close range PVP.. 

Just now, Nysek said:

As long as it's not pre-LO testing... one week and maybe 1 adjustment = "live".

im sure this new company will listen to what people say.. lol

Just now, GoldenWombat said:

I have a heavy weapons toon, I would like to see a AP heavy weapon, a new rocket launcher perhaps. a flame thrower would be pretty cool though, something to battle close range PVP.. 

i had these aswell in my list, but i wasnt sure if it would work. so i kindof left them off for now, but nice idea yeah.

What about the AP weapons that are actually missing from builds that were "meant to be" like Heavy Weapons and Crossbow, or wheres the AP version of the Volatile M-Croall Shark? These are the ones they need to start with before making even more pistols and swords. Although I did see that you mentioned the crossbow, and an smg as well, which isnt a bad idea. 

One concern I have always had is that they limited the diversity of builds to a few main categories while leaving the rest behind.

Heavy Weapoons SHOULD be a comparable build to all others, with pros and cons to choosing that build. About the only thing its been good for is the healing cannon in Dome.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Drake Dragoon said:

What about the AP weapons that are actually missing from builds that were "meant to be" like Heavy Weapons and Crossbow, or wheres the AP version of the Volatile M-Croall Shark? These are the ones they need to start with before making even more pistols and swords. Although I did see that you mentioned the crossbow, and an smg as well, which isnt a bad idea. 

One concern I have always had is that they limited the diversity of builds to a few main categories while leaving the rest behind.

Heavy Weapoons SHOULD be a comparable build to all others, with pros and cons to choosing that build. About the only thing its been good for is the healing cannon in Dome.

Except its an aoe weapon which means it will be inherently weaker by nature. Which is the case with basically anything AOE. Making it comparable to the other weapons in a single setting would either force it to randomize on 1 target or make everything heavy weapons. As it is now I think it takes 4/5 targets to be similar to other weapons.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:12 PM, MICFILLER said:

Except its an aoe weapon which means it will be inherently weaker by nature. Which is the case with basically anything AOE. Making it comparable to the other weapons in a single setting would either force it to randomize on 1 target or make everything heavy weapons. As it is now I think it takes 4/5 targets to be similar to other weapons.

2-3 actually, compared to a shotgun at least. Once you hit 4-5 actively, it beats everything but dual wield melee in DPS.