Word2

San Paro timeline

Most of the ingame info summed up into one timeline. Lore emails, character biography, promotional videos and other materials, it all goes here.

Keep in mind that it's not official and there might be some inaccuracies present, so I'm open for any suggestions and community contributions.

Criminal faction related information

Enforcer faction related information

Both factions

1630 - San Paro founded

1800s - Wilde family bought small Russian metalworkers

1850 - Colby Security & Safety founded

1850s - industrial revolution

1873 - Abington Towers founded by Isaiah Abington

1895 - Orlenz' Moretti's great great-grandfather arrives in San Paro

1912 - Isaiah Abington dies

1913 - Charge-National co-founded by Arlon Cody Burns and Valentin Fisher
1915 - "Silver Star Sedan" introduced by Charge-National

1928 - Packer Automotive founded by Alvin Kelley

1929 - financial crashes, Abington fortune vanished
1930 - Abington Towers turned over to the city of San Paro

1932 - Bishada founded by Shoji Bishada in Osaka

1933 - Nekrovazhinsky Motorcycle Works founded by Denva Nekrovazhinsky

1934 - half a million workers took the streets of San Paro to demand better conditions for themselves and their families, Johans Mhuller founded Mhuller Casting

1937 - Johans Mhuller killed in motorcycle accident

1938 - Mhuller Casting merged with Benkz Heavy Industries, incorporated as Benkz Mhuller Heavy Industries Corp

1939 - wharf constructed nearby Abington Towers

1942 - wharf devasted, caused by mishandling of volatile munitions, area abandoned afterwards
1945 - Somatic A-TAS established

1947 - Benkz Mhuller Heavy Industries Corp renamed to Benkz Mhuller Truck and Bus Corporation

1948 - Sungnyemun Auto founded by Ryu Yong-sung

1955 - V-CN8 engine devoloped by Charge-National

1960s - Dolton founded by Arlon Cody Burns

1961 - Stu Phoenix is born

1963 - Charge-National build on exceptional quality of their engines and engine components

1965 - Sungnyemun Auto inaugurated

1967 - vanguard of underground club scene formed

1969 - Sungnyemun Auto begun selling cars in the US and Europe

1970s - Gresty carved out by zoning policies, Dolton vehicles seen as old-fashioned and 'out of touch'

1975 - Vincent Waskawi arrives to San Paro

1977 - Joker Gunworks formed, Vincent Waskawi marries Martha Waskawi

1978 - Luke Waskawi is born

1979 - Stu Phoenix joins SPPD

1980s - Dolton revitalization

1985 - Jane Derren is born, Amanda Kurtz is born

1986 - Brett Donovan is born

1987 - Ophelia Swift is born

1988 - Han Motors entered an alliance with Cheval R.S.

1990 - Elizabeth Wilde is born

1992 - Vincent Waskawi murdered, Byeong Lee becomes SPPD SWAT commander

1993 - John Derren assassinated, Derrens move from San Paro, Brett Donovan moves with his parents to safer neighbourhood, Han Motor Corporation sets first year record for selling automobiles into American market

1994 - Amanda Kurtz murders both of her parents

1995 - Darryl Finzano forced to close various Colby plants, including the 'New Cross' ammunition production line

1996 - both of Brett Donovan parents are murdered, Luke Waskawi transferred to adult prison

2000s - Wilde family wholly owns Obeya Corp.

2000 - Byeong Lee retired from a position of deputy commanded in SPPD

2002 - Sungnyemun becoming worldwide sponsor of the IFL World Championships

2003 - Fire of private mental hospital, 39 people killed, Amanda Kurtz declared dead

2004 - Brett Donovan joins the army, goes by nickname Devil Dog

2005 - Amanda Kurtz joins The Three Furies, goes by Lilith Bloodrose, Darryl Kent and Jenna Casey attacked by Three Furies, Casey murdered by Lilith Bloodrose, Ophelia wins Nantego 500 race, Abington Towers discovered by the vanguard

2006 - Waskawi organises the mass prison breakout, Jane Derren returns to San Paro, Dolton catapulted to record profits after using cutting-edge automaking technology

2007 - Brett Donovan recovers in hospital after mortar strike, Luke Waskawi comes with the idea of Abington towers turned into Asylum, Sungnyemun sponsored the away strip of the San Paro Wildcats, collapsed deal between Benkz Mhuller and SPMC Transport on replacing San Paro bus fleet

2008 - Jane Derren is elected mayor

2009 - C.S.A. passed, Stu Phoenix leaves SPPD to oversee Prentiss Tigers

2010 - Birth's studio raided by enforcers, Han Motor Corporation started with construction

2011 - Brett Donovan returns to San Paro (New Breed 1 released in 2012)

2012 - Waskawi starts building up private army in Asylum (Asylum district released for Halloween 2012)

2013 - C.S.A. is slowly reaching its breaking point, Aletta Cadagan's strategy dismissed, Han Motor Corporation moved headquarters to Incheon

Still I got only though 30% of all available materials, but here are some fun facts I found during the research:

At least according to lore, New Breed was released with one year delay (see the note). Devil dog was supposed to arrive in San Paro in 2011, but is actually released in 2012. His backstory is not a part of original APB lore.

There may have been a mistake, but according to some leads, Jane Derren and Lilith Bloodrose might be the same age. Also the opening trailer might be mistaken in stating John Derren was assassinated 23 years ago, yet I'm open for a debate on this topic.

Character backstories are kinda stingy with exact dates, especially about criminals, so it's pretty difficult to figure out when Blood Roses and Gkings started to exist.

Edited by Word2
  • Like 16

hopefully would have to wait for them to fix core/foundational issues before they could add on to the lore. the fact that they've added older devs from the earlier iterations is a really good sign, at least in my eyes. 

always loved the story of San Paro. 

• Like 3

Was there ever another thread that actually had most of the lore in it?

APB was the one game i never followed the lore because it felt so scattered.

Where would San Paro be based in anyways, it kinda feels like a Chinatown in North America.

15 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

Where would San Paro be based in anyways, it kinda feels like a Chinatown in North America.

pretty sure it’s meant to be in southern california

27 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

I've always thought that San Paro was in Hell.

9 hours ago, Word2 said:

Also the opening trailer might be mistaken in stating John Derren was assassinated 23 years ago, yet I'm open for a debate on this topic. 

IIRC, the game was being developed by RTW in 2010, and released in 2011. Soooo... 1993 being 23 years before 2010 makes sense in the timeframe of the game's design.

Ooo! Thanks for this!

I'd recommend adding Tiptoe, since she stopped Charlotte/Jeung/Furies from splintering from the main group of the Bloodroses. The club scene would have been 2011 assuming it happened right before she was added to the game.

5 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

IIRC, the game was being developed by RTW in 2010, and released in 2011. Soooo... 1993 being 23 years before 2010 makes sense in the timeframe of the game's design.

Released in 2010, closed testing in 2009, developed way longer than that. Roughly 2002 for initial design.

1 hour ago, Forumuser12312 said:

I'd recommend adding Tiptoe, since she stopped Charlotte/Jeung/Furies from splintering from the main group of the Bloodroses. The club scene would have been 2011 assuming it happened right before she was added to the game.

The New Breed contacts don't have many dates to work with, so the time period of their actions is questionable.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:28 AM, Xhaoling said:

I've always thought that San Paro was in Hell.

Is this our Purgatory?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingley said:

Is this our Purgatory?

Nope, Full-on Hell. There's a few tells that would explain it's Hell. Like why nobody really dies; They just pop up again to be shot. Why all the clothes are that late-90's/early 00's super clingy body-con style that everybody wore but only like 4 people looked good in. Or why you can be a pro-level driver 99% of the time then suddenly it's like Satan took the wheel(yeah, I know it's server lag but it's funny).  Once I started playing with the "I'm in Hell" mindset a lot of things clicked for me. Like why the National Guard hasn't moved in and wiped us off the map or why we can't leave San Paro! 

22 minutes ago, Xhaoling said:

Nope, Full-on Hell. There's a few tells that would explain it's Hell. Like why nobody really dies; They just pop up again to be shot. Why all the clothes are that late-90's/early 00's super clingy body-con style that everybody wore but only like 4 people looked good in. Or why you can be a pro-level driver 99% of the time then suddenly it's like Satan took the wheel(yeah, I know it's server lag but it's funny).  Once I started playing with the "I'm in Hell" mindset a lot of things clicked for me. Like why the National Guard hasn't moved in and wiped us off the map or why we can't leave San Paro! 

Everything makes sense now!