Sign in to follow this  
R3ACT3M

Hitreg and latency

I found this video while pursuing the internet. I like how it shows some common problems new and experienced APB players have. Just an overall break down video.

I'm still putting some blame on APB of course. As (while I don't care about valorant, csgo, ect) I do know that in APB everything is tied to servers: Leaning, Driving, shooting, shoulder switching, objective moving. You name it.

But it's alarming to see the effect latency alone has on Hit Reg alone. This video alone showed me the advantage those have who play with either the lowest possible graphics or configs that boost performance in some way.

As a free game, APB can be downloaded and tried on anything as long as it runs a compatible operating system.

I guess the moral of the story is...before you go hackusating/blaming hitreg/any other nonsense. Take a look at your computer and ask this question: Should I really play apb if I can only get 24fps on a 60hz non-freesync/gsync monitor?

3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I found this video while pursuing the internet. I like how it shows some common problems new and experienced APB players have. Just an overall break down video.

I'm still putting some blame on APB of course. As (while I don't care about valorant, csgo, ect) I do know that in APB everything is tied to servers: Leaning, Driving, shooting, shoulder switching, objective moving. You name it.

But it's alarming to see the effect latency alone has on Hit Reg alone. This video alone showed me the advantage those have who play with either the lowest possible graphics or configs that boost performance in some way.

As a free game, APB can be downloaded and tried on anything as long as it runs a compatible operating system.

I guess the moral of the story is...before you go hackusating/blaming hitreg/any other nonsense. Take a look at your computer and ask this question: Should I really play apb if I can only get 24fps on a 60hz non-freesync/gsync monitor?

No game just bad, get better gaming chair

this video is all about advertising NVIDIA software / hardware Reflex Latency Analyzer on the new 360hz monitor LOL.

Everyone knows about input lag, display lag, network lag and human reaction time.

Just gona do a rant about stuff 🙂

APB is poorly optimized, each individual player who played has suffer from some sort of input lag or network lag. The game is notorious for hitreg issues, this is why APB was never taken seriously competitive like the guy I killed I wouldn't know if I was lucky or had better reg than them or they may experience network lag, micro stutters during that moment and died due to game being sh*t. 

I believe people who experience high input lag, fps stutters may experience common hitreg issues, for example I know for a fact I am able to OCA min-ttk with a minimal 15 shots if I had 144 fps and low latency, while on full 20/20 asylum I get around average 110fps-120fps I literally can feel the input lag while my frames dip, especially my mouse movement and at times it took 20+ OCA ammo just to kill someone... Now it could be just me playing at higher ping, but idk if anyone notice the same thing with a lower latency on full asylum when their frames dip under 90-110? reg was never consistent for me videos i recorded are usually the best reg captured.

it's pretty common for apb players playing on 144hz monitors by now, but guys with 60hz + low fps it's a lose for them in any game and it's true the guys who hackusate are usually the guys who play bare minimal of 60fps with sh*ty mice, keyboard, monitor, high ping, who would accuse someone blatant that uses a carbine, fbw or Oscar because they can never track that guy with full auto weapons when they are Strafing and shooting at the same time.

I find it complete nonsense for someone to go completely low config with everything so low so they would gain as much performance as possible even though they have a beast computer, Why not just play quake live easy 250fps constantly? if your going for that competitive route.

Using Advance launcher basic custom minimal settings is already good enough for easy visual and performance, I doubt people would notice slight fps increase if they go super low so the game looks so terrible. You can also tweak your computer or bios settings and NVIDIA settings to reduce input lag. 

Hopefully the new engine allow us to keep our low config settings because I don't see the point in playing on max it just looks terrible and it's better off playing on custom low settings. 

Game should at least uncap to 240 after engine update for those who have 240hz + monitors tbh. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 4

Servers run at sub 30 tick most of the time. However if the games fps and servers improve I think we need to have a serious conversation about the games min ttk's since if you've ever died or killed in min ttk you'll understand that if the game and server ran better min ttk will be happening more often and frankly min ttk for most guns is way to fast.

• Like 1

There's also audio latency with most USB DACs. If your DAC supports ASIO, use VB-Audio ASIO Bridge, Voicemeeter, or ASIO4ALL to connect to the ASIO interface. For me it reduced latency by about 100ms in APB.

I just uninstalled and not bothering anymore about latency.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, Amaineko said:

I just uninstalled and not bothering anymore about latency.

Yahoo answer's number 1 fix

On 5/7/2021 at 12:13 PM, Deadliest said:

Game should at least uncap to 240 after engine update for those who have 240hz + monitors tbh. 

Or simply give us the abillity to have a custom FPS limit, like basically all modern games.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this