Reprimand

i really hate explosives

anyway the OSMAW and OPGL are by far my least favourite weapon in game, I feel no sense of satisfaction hearing one and seeing somebody use one makes me want to cry blood and pee turnip juice

you seriously can't put smoke clouds over the OPGL grenades and OSMAW rockets so people can see the trajectory? let a brother at least know where to run before getting the 3 car pile-up destroyed

anyway remove the charge-up timer for both weapons and just make them slower reloading, also ban it from fight club one love volcano JC is perfectly balanced yahweh

edit: at least nobody uses the EOL, buff those too remove the charge-up timer

Edited by Reprimand

There's a mod to delay your car explosion a few seconds, enough time to get out and gun down the osmaw user.
I like having variety of weapon types, even like this the only thing you see around 90% of the time is Ntec users and Obeyas.

53 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

anyway remove the charge-up timer for both weapons and just make them slower reloading, also ban it from fight club one love volcano JC is perfectly balanced yahweh

the opgl doesnt have a windup timer and we used to have an instant fire osmaw with a slower rocket, it was unbalanced

4 hours ago, xiphos said:

the opgl doesnt have a windup timer and we used to have an instant fire osmaw with a slower rocket, it was unbalanced

I'm possibly confusing it with an older video I saw.

I still think the smoke should be added 😁

5 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

There's a mod to delay your car explosion a few seconds, enough time to get out and gun down the osmaw user.
I like having variety of weapon types, even like this the only thing you see around 90% of the time is Ntec users and Obeyas.

I'll grab it 

2 hours ago, Reprimand said:

I'm possibly confusing it with an older video I saw.

You probably mean EOL (Deep Impact, The Hammer, Kickback)?

Yea lets remove all weapons from the game and dont forget the hvr.In the end all we want is the star..also remove pmg,nfas oh and the ntec!!too op.Gonna be fair game then.Game is dead for so long and nothing new so removing more stuff is great idea

Edited by AlienTM

Given I always have all the game sounds off when I play the game and strictly rely on visuals, I could swear both OPGL and OSMAW projectiles have smoke trails, pinpointing the approximate or exact location where those come from. Anyway, unless they are really good with their secondary weapons (or they resort to the car gameplay style), they usually tend to be easy targets. 

10 hours ago, AlienTM said:

In the end all we want is the star.

They should make this the April Fool's for 2022, "we deleted all the guns due to crying, so it's the STAR only."

10 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Yea lets remove all weapons from the game and dont forget the hvr.In the end all we want is the star..also remove pmg,nfas oh and the ntec!!too op.Gonna be fair game then.Game is dead for so long and nothing new so removing more stuff is great idea

Every thread I see you on you just make some pathetic, absurd strawman. Please just shut up. 😑

2 hours ago, Bambola said:

Given I always have all the game sounds off when I play the game and strictly rely on visuals, I could swear both OPGL and OSMAW projectiles have smoke trails, pinpointing the approximate or exact location where those come from. Anyway, unless they are really good with their secondary weapons (or they resort to the car gameplay style), they usually tend to be easy targets. 

Maybe it's my graphics setting then. 🤔 Still I find the OGPL to be hard to see the projectiles around corners and in corridors. 

1 minute ago, Reprimand said:

Please just shut up. 😑

same 2 u

Make flak jacket not a 195 mod. Problem solved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Make flak jacket not a 195 mod. Problem solved.

Remove all r195 rank restrictions I say.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Give the r5s car bomb

The only thing imbalanced about any of the explosive weapons themselves is that the damage radius of the Volcano is too large, as it also used to be for the percussion grenade.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:38 PM, xiphos said:

we used to have an instant fire osmaw

Ah, the good ol' days of OSMAW heroes hopping out of their cars and instantly ending someone with a point-blank OSMAW rocket. Also, corner rockets.

it was unbalanced

Yes, yes it was. Which is why they added the windup timer to the OSMAW. Thankfully, when they later released the Volcano, it also had it.

with a slower rocket

The OSMAW's rocket travel rate has never changed.

--------------------------------------------------

On a semi-related note, they really need to give the OPGL a windup timer as well. Also, add a more noticeable trail to the projectile so the origin can be instantly discerned. Also, increase the projectile's size by at least a factor of 10x so that it can be immediately spotted at a glance like hand grenades.

• Like 1

Idk what happened to this game but there is explosive cancer everywhere. 

In one of my last games there were 3 ppl with osmaw and 1 sniper. How do you even deal with stuff like this? 

I can bear with osmaw users, but when opgl users got matched against me I just preparing myself for a painful loss lol, ppl who use it will get special place in hell..

Add windup timer to opgl or completely remove it. Leave EOL as only grenade launchers. Ez.

8 times out of 10 the ones I see take out their OPGL to counter someone using the "OP"  OPGL in the other team, STILL can't beat it. They can't shoot like that other guy.

Instead they come to the forums trying to get the OPGL nerfed so they wont have to feel like that again.

Those saying there should be a windup timer: Windup timer solved the issue with the Osmaw years ago in a brilliant way because the rockets explode on impact. The OPGL doesn't. The OPGL already has a (silent) timer, for the explosions. On long range the grenades from it may explode instantly as it arrives, but if someone is skilled enough to hit on long range like that, it's because they are good with the weapon, and if you die instantly from one hit to the body from it, it's because it was a bulls-eye and they beat you, nothing else.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 1

... git gud...

Damn... u can outplay everything.

Just learn the Game.

I'm so fu..ing sick of all this crying... 

Make Gamers good again!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 6:38 PM, xiphos said:

OPGL has a 4 second explosion timer. It has a 6m blast radius (2m kill radius), and you sprint at 6m/s.  You have 3 seconds to figure out where it's going and run. Past 50m it instantly blows up, but you have time enough to look/see minimap/angles and run away from it.

While I agree instant osmaw was "unbalanced" to a degree, it's still imo better than it was now , the current timer takes too long imo.

8 hours ago, Nagletz said:

I can bear with osmaw users, but when opgl users got matched against me I just preparing myself for a painful loss lol, ppl who use it will get special place in hell..

Add windup timer to opgl or completely remove it. Leave EOL as only grenade launchers. Ez.

Learn to play against OPGL. They aren't as hard as you make it seem, and they have mods to make OPGL almost useless. Or just go one and fight them. If you're better their team will be useless.

This is coming from someone who at one point mained opgl, no longer play it very often, and  "might" die 1-2x in a round from the OPGL, while still getting 15+ kills in that match. OPGL is sometimes annoying, and makes you use your head, but it's by no means a god tier weapon. 99% of players who use it, are pretty trash with it. I've only met 2 people other than me who I'd consider "top tier" with it, and I think both quit. (and I'm rusty af)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The OSMAW's rocket travel rate has never changed.

When firing you now need to hold the button for 1.75 seconds while the rocket is primed then fired. This stops players firing it directly after exiting a vehicle, or directly at your feet from point blank. Due to the balancing brought about by this change, we’ve been able to buff the launcher in several other areas to keep its power. It now carries three spare rockets (so can be affected by Bandolier), has a larger kill-radius, and has a faster travel time.

http://old.apbdb.com/track/302136/

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

OPGL has a 4 second explosion timer.

not a windup timer

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

While I agree instant osmaw was "unbalanced" to a degree, it's still imo better than it was now , the current timer takes too long imo.

current osmaw is better in just about every way especially now that vehicle hp is more balanced, the only issue i have with the timer is that the sound effect is a bit too extreme

2 hours ago, xiphos said:

http://old.apbdb.com/track/302136/

not a windup timer

current osmaw is better in just about every way especially now that vehicle hp is more balanced, the only issue i have with the timer is that the sound effect is a bit too extreme

Yup, I too find the sound a little annoying at times but I guess it also informs you if someone is priming a rocket right at you, giving you some reaction time. A bit of a give and take I guess. 🙂

8 hours ago, xiphos said:

Big disagree. From a long distance it's almost impossible to hear until it hits you. The sound is a good warning considering how powerful the weapon is.

16 hours ago, HighSociety said:

... git gud...

Damn... u can outplay everything.

Just learn the Game.

I'm so fu..ing sick of all this crying... 

Make Gamers good again!

Please tell me how you beat two players using LTL OGPLs and bunny hopping to get extra range?

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

OPGL has a 4 second explosion timer. It has a 6m blast radius (2m kill radius), and you sprint at 6m/s.  You have 3 seconds to figure out where it's going and run. Past 50m it instantly blows up, but you have time enough to look/see minimap/angles and run away from it.

Learn to play against OPGL. They aren't as hard as you make it seem, and they have mods to make OPGL almost useless. Or just go one and fight them. If you're better their team will be useless.

This is coming from someone who at one point mained opgl, no longer play it very often, and  "might" die 1-2x in a round from the OPGL, while still getting 15+ kills in that match. OPGL is sometimes annoying, and makes you use your head, but it's by no means a god tier weapon. 99% of players who use it, are pretty trash with it. I've only met 2 people other than me who I'd consider "top tier" with it, and I think both quit. (and I'm rusty af)

OGPL could use a wind-up timer, at least between shots to space it out. It gets ridiculous having to exit a hallway until the blasting stops just to get a kill.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:15 PM, Cr0 said:

The only thing imbalanced about any of the explosive weapons themselves is that the damage radius of the Volcano is too large, as it also used to be for the percussion grenade.

Nah. The Volcano has a large blast radius but both shots have to hit you to kill you. It doesn't fly in a straight arc like the OSMAW does.

On 5/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, CookiePuss said:

People been saying this for ages. It's time you hand deliver the message to MattScott. Lure him out with some beard oil m'boi.

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I play on lower graphics so most of the time I can't see where the OGPL projectiles come from, occassionaly I can see where they land. OGPL should suck in close combat, I'm going to be real with you, all explosive weapons should. They're mid to long range tools to intimidate and put pressure on opponents, not get in their face and spam it hoping to get a win.

22 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Idk what happened to this game but there is explosive cancer everywhere. 

In one of my last games there were 3 ppl with osmaw and 1 sniper. How do you even deal with stuff like this? 

You equip flak and easily avoid the aoe damage. Explosive weapons are easy to avoid once you learn how they work.

Rank 195 more need to be brought down to rank 85.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2