Dragonshaman

Car Spawners should be removed

Remove car spawners  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Should car spawners be removed?

• Yes, they break the game
    • No, but they need changes
    • No, they are fine as they are

TL:DR: My team of noobs who use their car spawn mods as glorified taxis and just want to roll around with percs and an oca are being beaten by an organised group of players who use the same mod effectively. Please ban this mod.

If anyone on your team was of worth and saw that the enemy was using vehicles to their advantage, one would swap to an anti-vehicle role killing that advantage. It's paper-rock-scissors 101. You just want to run around with your scissors and win against everything which is why you lose. 

And don't say there is not enough time, cause the enemy had enough time to get thoroughly entrenched at the objective. It takes just 1 conc to knock out a spawner.. 

16 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

TL:DR: My team of noobs who use their car spawn mods as glorified taxis and just want to roll around with percs and an oca are being beaten by an organised group of players who use the same mod effectively. Please ban this mod.

If anyone on your team was of worth and saw that the enemy was using vehicles to their advantage, one would swap to an anti-vehicle role killing that advantage. It's paper-rock-scissors 101. You just want to run around with your scissors and win against everything which is why you lose. 

And don't say there is not enough time, cause the enemy had enough time to get thoroughly entrenched at the objective. It takes just 1 conc to knock out a spawner.. 

i dont think theres anything that could destroy a car in one second

except phonebooths, but im quitting apb the day those become consumable mods

18 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

You just want to run around with your scissors and win against everything which is why you lose. 

No bullshoot, can I use this as my sig?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

No bullshoot, can I use this as my sig?

Only if I can use this as my sig.

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

If one could choose their loadout before respawning then it would be ok. But currently you need to spawn next to a inventory machine, switch to an anti vehicle weapon, go destroy the car, then find another inventory machine and switch back to a weapon that's effective near the objective. Without premium the resupply box is 4 minutes.

If I recall correctly it takes two concs to stop a pioneer's spawn mod. But then you would have no nades to use in actual battle if there are no inventory machines nearby and your resupply is on a 4 minute cooldown. They should make consumables a more integral part of the game. Maybe give them cooldowns like overwatch abilities. Then people could use satchel charges instead of their nades to disable car spawners.

Edited by Spudinskes
  • Thanks 1

One thing which can be done is to remove the modification car spawner completely and put car spawner in every car by default. But nerf the range of it, so it will not be too strong. This means that it will not use mod slots at all. It is not a requirement anymore because every car has it. And since the range of the car spawners can be nerfed it would not affect the gameplay too much. Solved?

On 6/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, CookiePuss said:

If only bullets damaged cars.

If only there was some sort of "mod" that allowed you to, I dont know, "ressuply".

If only all players were given access to the mobile spawn mod early in the game so you could set up your own spawn points.

Oh well you are right, its probably broken.

*shoots TG-8 at car* see bullets don't damage cars

Keep in mind enemy car spawners are essentially a big red "THEY WILL SPAWN HERE" on your minimap. Even if you don't blow them up you can use this to your advantage and reposition in advance because you'll know where they'll be coming from which is a massive advantage in APB.

Once I unlocked OSMAW I started charging it up while pointing at car spawns waiting for people to spawn. People spawning in cars don't have the same immunity standard spawns get so if you hit them as they spawn in you get an instakill, add an extra ~ 10 seconds to their death timer, and they now have to wait for the cooldown timer to car spawn again. Maybe not the strongest strategy but definitely funny.

Edited by Forumuser12312
clarity

I really don't see what the issue is, if you have conc nades, takes only one for most cars, heavy armored vegas or pioneer might take 2. I mean, you don't need to actually blow them, just mostly.

OSMAW, its one shot, volcano 2 shot. If you have a HARD damage LMG less than a clip on almost all of them?

I mean, a rank 1 T could just hop in a truck and ram it a couple times even?

On the other hand its honestly super easy to play around, if its close to an enemy, wont work, close to another spawner, wont work. Not to mention if you are keeping an eye on them they can provide an easy kill, maybe even a bunch of easy kills.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:48 AM, Dragonshaman said:

That requires you to one, walk all the way around to their car spawners without being seen, and 2, using all your grenades to destroy them.

And a third, risking getting killed by the person spawning in the car because you weren't there in time.

It's still ridiculous no matter how you look at it.

Satchel Charge/resupply box + nade

Finally got fed up with car spawners.

I don't even know how but here's how my spawning went today.

I'm VIP I can't pick where i spawn (already bad enough) spawned 70 meters away from enemy died in 4 seconds.

spawned 120 meters away from enemy. (teammates nowhere near me)

Then To really show me the game wanted me to lose badly I spawned upside down, In a Mobile Car spawn 600 meters away.

No idea how that is even possible as i can't select the car spawner (and if i could it was 600 meters away so regardless i couldn't)

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Then To really show me the game wanted me to lose badly I spawned upside down, In a Mobile Car spawn 600 meters away.

No idea how that is even possible as i can't select the car spawner (and if i could it was 600 meters away so regardless i couldn't)

Wow. Just wow... Like... That shit actually happens?

I miss how it was before they added selective spawns.

When you had attack stage and killed them all you could just do the objective and proceed to next stage.

Right now it's just never ending waves of enemies.

Spawning 600m away was annoying for sure but so it is right now.

I wouldnt mind having carspawns and carsurfer removed, also a few other trash mods which got introduced past r195. I am trying to not use any mods which are past r195, no consumables either, nor even using the spawnsystem, since the spawns are bad usually either. I still win around 50 - 60 % of my missions, while i dont tryhard at all

They totally need to rework alot  sooner or later, but we will see, what is going to happen

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Finally got fed up with car spawners.

I don't even know how but here's how my spawning went today.

I'm VIP I can't pick where i spawn (already bad enough) spawned 70 meters away from enemy died in 4 seconds.

spawned 120 meters away from enemy. (teammates nowhere near me)

Car spawners are supposed to be disabled when roughly 300M away from the current spawn area. VIP spawns, teamkills, and suicides ignore the spawn blocking mechanic, so you get crap like this.

4 minutes ago, SandyBitch said:

I wouldnt mind having carspawns and carsurfer removed, also a few other trash mods which got introduced past r195. I am trying to not use any mods which are past r195, no consumables either, nor even using the spawnsystem, since the spawns are bad usually either. I still win around 50 - 60 % of my missions, while i dont tryhard at all

They totally need to rework alot  sooner or later, but we will see, what is going to happen

Carspawn and carsurfer completely break the balance of AV weapons. You can't use them out of a vehicle window, Reloaded even patched a bug that let you do it, but with the edition of those two you now have a mobile AV turret that can choose to respawn nearly anywhere. New players have restricted access to these mods. Reloaded severely nerfed joker ticket farming so that's no longer a viable option, plus if you did farm them that's less time in action districts ranking up. Even if they decided to keep these mods, they need to make them available at R80 like the rest.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Thanks 1

So, a lot of valid points have been made on this thread for and against car spawners.

I'd agree they need another change, though.

This whole argument of "just empty a couple of mags and grenades", or "switch to X to get rid of them", is all well and good if you're not fighting teams who know how to get back to an objective quickly and play the game smart.

With good positioning, you simply don't have time to take out the car spawners before someone spawns on it.

Furthermore, you are having to use quite a bit of resources just for the vehicle, when they could be crucial in the next fight. Sinking multiple grenades into a vehicle restricts your options if you don't have the ammo box mod or consumable.

Yes, multiple people shooting the car will get the job done, but that's not an option, playing solo.

Also, if you're out of nades already, it takes quite some time to blow up the vehicle AND you're revealing where you are at the same time.

Maybe limiting how close the car spawner can be to an objective would help, or increasing the range of enemy presence blocking the spawner would work, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OP is really bad at arguing their reasoning against car spawners lmfao

like holy hell. This game is not going to be tailored to your specific silver style of playing the game.

Either figure it out yourself or keep spamming.

Car spawners are a double edge sword unless you're incompetent. I've been called a cheater just because some dumbass thought spawning from his car made him impervious to me knowing where he would come from.

This is lol

• Like 1

"Just break it" they will spawn another one lol

It's just a wasting nades and satchelcharges.

If spawncar are everywhere , its difficult to blow it up.

Need more demerit.

No, but they need changes.

In my opinion, it's objectively a good mechanic for both sides. A player can set up his own spawn location, be it for a shorter distance to the target and/or for a specific strategy/flanking move. The opposition, on the other hand, is able to see the car spawner on the map and can either utilize that information (as it's likely they are going to spawn there), or prevent them from doing so by destroying the car.

However, just going "they're not broken, just destroy them" is not quite the best argument. Just yesterday I was playing with OP, facing a 4-man group, every single one of which placed their car spawners around all three capture points. What I'm trying to say is that there just isn't always the time to focus on destroying every car spawner, especially when not your entire team is dedicated to doing so.

Furthermore, people obviously shouldn't be able to spawn literally ON the point or very close to it, but this is currently possible. Also, I personally think you shouldn't be able to put the car spawn modification on a Pioneer/Espacio as those vehicles could already serve their purpose by being pure item-carriers. Lastly, I'd even say it would be a good idea to set a car spawner limit per team - the cooldown timer was already a step in the right direction, but this would be an effective alternative or addition.

The last Nerf we had for car spawners was (adding a timer to give mobile car spawners a cooldown)

Which doesn't mean THAT car is on a cooldown but the player it's self.

I don't use car spawners myself I prefer my car is actively helpful (ammo or Radar Tower)

6 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Wow. Just wow... Like... That shit actually happens?

It does and it did lucky me.

ZAZDtmg.png

Edited by Zolerox
How on earth could i use a car spawner when i can't even select my spawn as VIP?

The results of the polls on those forums make me believe more and more that people have no idea what they are talking about.

I feel like at this point it's very unlikely that car spawners would get completely removed since they pretty much became a part of the game.

To anyone saying that oh you can just nade them or whatever. Yeah keep doing that all the time when the enemy team keeps setting up those pioneers all around the point. You will quickly run out of your satchels / concs (if you are even using concs lul). Not to mention that people tend to leave the spawners in campy locations so you need to waste quite a bit of time to get to them in the first place. You decided to capture the graffiti instead of destroying their spawner which is just 20 meters away ? Oh too bad, 4 people now just spawned next to you. Some people also set up car spawners at the objectives and defend the point by camping around it on the street so any fallen teammates can respawn back on the point. Another thing is the range of it. You can literally drive behind a single guy in a pioneer 20m away from him or have him circle around you 20m away and have his entire team spawn in the car. This can also happen during item holds and vip missions. So to summarize most likely car spawners won't be removed although it wouldn't hurt the game if they were but they should in the very least be reworked.

Edited by Thial

18 minutes ago, Thial said:

The results of the polls on those forums make me believe more and more that people have no idea what they are talking about.

I feel like at this point it's very unlikely that car spawners would get completely removed since they pretty much became a part of the game.

To anyone saying that oh you can just nade them or whatever. Yeah keep doing that all the time when the enemy team keeps setting up those pioneers all around the point. You will quickly run out of your satchels / concs (if you are even using concs lul). Not to mention that people tend to leave the spawners in campy locations so you need to waste quite a bit of time to get to them in the first place. You decided to capture the graffiti instead of destroying their spawner which is just 20 meters away ? Oh too bad, 4 people now just spawned next to you. Some people also set up car spawners at the objectives and defend the point by camping around it on the street so any fallen teammates can respawn back on the point. Another thing is the range of it. You can literally drive behind a single guy in a pioneer 20m away from him or have him circle around you 20m away and have his entire team spawn in the car. This can also happen during item holds and vip missions. So to summarize most likely car spawners won't be removed although it wouldn't hurt the game if they were but they should in the very least be reworked.

False

"Invalid if enemy within 35m"

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

False

"Invalid if enemy within 35m"

That would be true if the server would actually check the range all the time. In practice it's being checked only every few seconds so you can literally move close to the car and have people spawn in it before next distance check.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Thial said:

That would be true if the server would actually check the range all the time. In practice it's being checked only every few seconds so you can literally move close to the car and have people spawn in it before next distance check.

But you stated the car was parked and you were parked on the obj so the update should stay the same.

If we do anything lets get rid of all the random spawn points and the car mobile spawns. Now you can only spawn at your contacts! Problem solved! and everyone will rage because has to walk/drive soo far

Just now, SelttikS said:

But you stated the car was parked and you were parked on the obj so the update should stay the same.

If we do anything lets get rid of all the random spawn points and the car mobile spawns. Now you can only spawn at your contacts! Problem solved! and everyone will rage because has to walk/drive soo far

The way apb's spawn system works in general is it checks every few seconds if enemies are too close to the spawn point and it turns those spawn points red (yes it also includes regular spawn points not only car spawners) If on previous distance check the spawn point was valid and an enemy gets close to it and you spawn before the next distance check you can literally spawn on top of your enemy. Same with car spawners especially when people are driving around since the distance changes very rapidly so it's fairly easy to abuse it and spawn literally next to people. You never had a situation where you were spam clicking on a spawn point and you were able to spawn to an enemy car driving literally 5 meters away from you ?