Car Spawners should be removed

Remove car spawners  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Should car spawners be removed?

• Yes, they break the game
    • No, but they need changes
    • No, they are fine as they are

Hello,

I'm Sjana, I've played this game since RTW. With over 10.000 hours clocked, I have a lot of experience with this game.

There are a lot of things that need to be changed, but the biggest thing gameplay wise is the spawns.

The spawn system, as it is right now, is absolutely horrible.

One team gets to enjoy 40m spawns in their comfy pioneer armour car spawners that require 2 concussions grenades to kill,

while the other team has maybe 2 car spawners in macchina calabria's.

Not only do car spawners completely break the gameplay, you are forced to use them in all your cars. So if you don't have money for a car slot, good luck trying to win against 4 car spawners in pioneers.

When these car spawners are actively being used, the team with no car spawners keeps spawning 200 meters away, sometimes even more.

So even if that team kills the entire enemy team, they will spawn back before you can even get to the point.

This is mainly a problem with bridges. Bridges count as distance so they can place car spawners on the ramps or on the on the bridge itself so you can spawn there whenever you want to,

giving the enemy no chance to get to you.

The very first spawn system was not bad. It would sometimes spawn you 300m away, which was as a problem, but most of the time the spawns were fair.

However, G1/RP decided to change it. The system they used after that was completely borked.

The spawns could be pushed so far away that you'd end up 500 meters away from the original location you were at.

G1/RP tried to fix this and borked it up even more.

This is when they introduced maps spawns.

Maps spawns were not too bad, but they were lacking in efficiency.

That's when they introduced car spawners. Car spawners are nowadays unmissable. Players will not want to get rid of them for one reason: They don't know it can be done better.

Basically they don't want their only chance to cheese the game to be removed. Their opinion is, if everyone uses car spawners, there's no problem. Right?

But there is a problem. Not everyone can afford cars with multiple slots to put a car spawners in and whatever else you want to.

This is where matchmaking comes in too.

Lower levels with few car spawners in bad cars don't stand a chance against players with 4 pioneer car spawners.

Matchmaking definitely needs to be fixed, but it still doesn't fix the main problem. The spawns.

Sorry for being bad at constructive writing, I don't do this often.

TL:DR; 

Car spawners ruin the gameplay and need to be removed.

• Like 10

Go to a spawner car and destroy it. But Most people ignore it and then Cry enemy Spawning there.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Evoli said:

Go to a spawner car and destroy it. But Most people ignore it and then Cry enemy Spawning there.

Yeah, sounds mean, but this^

Mobile Spawners are awarded very early in the game, so if you arent running one, its because you chose not to.

Edited by CookiePuss

I'd rather see mobile radio tower removed.  Too much meta in my car mods!

But nah, we probably just need more good/useful mods.

• Like 2

Not too mention, the default spawning system can be rage inducing sometimes.  Nothing like your closest option to the objective being 6-7 blocks away.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Evoli said:

That requires you to one, walk all the way around to their car spawners without being seen, and 2, using all your grenades to destroy them.

And a third, risking getting killed by the person spawning in the car because you weren't there in time.

It's still ridiculous no matter how you look at it.

• Like 1

Just now, Dragonshaman said:

That requires you to one, walk all the way around to their car spawners without being seen, and 2, using all your grenades to destroy them.

And a third, risking getting killed by the person spawning in the car because you weren't there in time.

It's still ridiculous no matter how you look at it.

If you damage the vehicle enough, they won't be able to spawn in it. You don't have to completely blow it up.  I speak from personal experience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragonshaman said:

2, using all your grenades to destroy them.

If only bullets damaged cars.

If only there was some sort of "mod" that allowed you to, I dont know, "ressuply".

If only all players were given access to the mobile spawn mod early in the game so you could set up your own spawn points.

Oh well you are right, its probably broken.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

If you damage the vehicle enough, they won't be able to spawn in it. You don't have to completely blow it up.  I speak from personal experience.

This is given the fact that you have a gun to damage it quickly, before the bloody mission ends.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If only bullets damaged cars.

If only there was some sort of "mod" that allowed you to, I dont know, "ressuply".

If only all players were given access to the mobile spawn mod early in the game so you could set up your own spawn points.

Oh well you are right, its probably broken.

Have fun shooting all your clips into a pioneer, and good luck if there's multiple of them. Takes a lot of time AND You need to resupply, all while the time is ticking away.

Also, you may have a car spawner at the start, but you only get one, and you can't remove it from your macchina calabria. So if you want to use any other car, you're screwed.

The Macchina Calabria is really easy to blow up so it can't compare to a pioneer car spawner, which takes a lot of bullets or 2 grenades directly under the car.

This is given the fact that you have a gun to damage it quickly, before the bloody mission ends.

Well.... If you're using something like a STAR, HVR, or a secondary I could see where you're coming from.  But truth be told, I've never had an issue disabling a vehicle. A grenade or two, and half a mag or so into the engine block and I'm usually good.

I run mobile supply depo. Car spawners are annoying but I just plant a satchel charge or conc nade at one and stand next to the other, I can properly destroy them when everyone's dead.

• Like 2

This been suggested in the proper subforum...

Sadly is not the right time to change car spawners. I honestly think they are okay and they are both easy to destroy and deploy.

I don't like car spawners simply because its existence makes it a mandatory goal for you to disable them, rather than playing the actual mission. I'd rather the problems with the spawn system itself be addressed than have an in-game mod cover up its short-comings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dragonshaman said:

Have fun shooting all your clips into a pioneer, and good luck if there's multiple of them. Takes a lot of time AND You need to resupply, all while the time is ticking away.

Also, you may have a car spawner at the start, but you only get one, and you can't remove it from your macchina calabria. So if you want to use any other car, you're screwed.

The Macchina Calabria is really easy to blow up so it can't compare to a pioneer car spawner, which takes a lot of bullets or 2 grenades directly under the car.

ALIG makes cars boom in less than a Mag.

If you want another car you have to buy that car right? sorta like how you have to Buy more mods if you want to use More mods. If you can afford a Pioneer you can afford to buy a mobile spawner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dragonshaman said:

You also unlock the stand alone mod with a tier 1 contact I believe.

All cars can be blown up soo.... just blow it up and resupply, or simply damage it enough and resupply, or just stand by it for 10 seconds while they respawn elsewhere.

But regardless, how can it be unfair if everyone gets it?

1 minute ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

I run mobile supply depo. Car spawners are annoying but I just plant a satchel charge or conc nade at one and stand next to the other, I can properly destroy them when everyone's dead.

When the objective is one a bridge, and the car spawner is below the bridge on the complete opposite side of your 200m spawns, and your enemy actually knows how to play, you're not going to get that car spawner before all the enemies respawn.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

You also unlock the stand alone mod with a tier 1 contact I believe.

All cars can be blown up soo.... just blow it up and resupply, or simply damage it enough and resupply, or just stand by it for 10 seconds while they respawn elsewhere.

But regardless, how can it be unfair if everyone gets it?

I never said it was unfair IF everyone uses it, but the fact that you are FORCED to use it, and the fact that not everyone can buy a good car AND a car spawner, makes it unbalanced and ultimately a broken system. if that's the case, give ALL cars a free automatic car spawn. That would make it so everyone can use it and make it an integral part of the game.

By this I mean, not making it a mod, but making it a standard feature of the car itself.

• Thanks 1

When the objective is one a bridge, and the car spawner is below the bridge on the complete opposite side of your 200m spawns, and your enemy actually knows how to play, you're not going to get that car spawner before all the enemies respawn.

So then are you saying the real issue is you were playing against people that actually know how to play the game and you became upset about it?

Many tactics can be upsetting, but that doesn't mean we need to remove things from the game. The game is already a skeleton of itself, we need More things not less. We need a Bacon Cheese burger from Carls. Oh and Nun outfits are needed.

Get concs, satchel charges, alig, volcano, osmaw, opgl, dmr, jg, low yields (spam them all)... etcs. Get a car with ammo and run around with concs...

Talk to your team to help you to take down enmies car spawns if they are being an issue.

Why you just limit yourself into "remove x that i dont like" having so many solutions?

Edited by Excalibur!

Just now, SelttikS said:

So then are you saying the real issue is you were playing against people that actually know how to play the game and you became upset about it?

Many tactics can be upsetting, but that doesn't mean we need to remove things from the game. The game is already a skeleton of itself, we need More things not less. We need a Bacon Cheese burger from Carls. Oh and Nun outfits are needed.

I believe you are missing the point.

When I say "The enemy actually knowing how to play" I mean not being against random newbies who you can kill easily and just spawn kill while moving towards their car spawner which is in a hard to reach spot.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:04 PM, Dragonshaman said:

I never said it was unfair IF everyone uses it, but the fact that you are FORCED to use it, and the fact that not everyone can buy a good car AND a car spawner, makes it unbalanced and ultimately a broken system. if that's the case, give ALL cars a free automatic car spawn. That would make it so everyone can use it and make it an integral part of the game.

By this I mean, not making it a mod, but making it a standard feature of the car itself.

If the car spawners are too far too reach, they are of no benefit.

If you decided not to destroy the car spawner prior to attacking a point thats on you.

You arent forced to use it, I havent used one in over a year Im pretty sure.

You dont have to buy the spawner, you are given it at level 3 with either Suji or Sabbat.

As well as for completing the "mission" section of the tutorial, which can be done in your first mission.

Edited by CookiePuss

10 minutes ago, Dragonshaman said:

1 ATAC mag and a frag :)

5 minutes ago, Dragonshaman said:

Get it while their alive. I know what you mean though, the really good players with a car spawner are hell to fight against. But assuming you do ignore the objective for a bit and take out the spawner and they don't have to ability to spawn a new one without leaving the area, then you have a fighting chance.

It's just that the longer it takes for you to commit to ignoring the objective and taking out the spawner, the more costly it is later on. Leaving the objective with 3 minutes on the clock is very different from doing so when there's 1 minute left.

I believe you are missing the point.

When I say "The enemy actually knowing how to play" I mean not being against random newbies who you can kill easily and just spawn kill while moving towards their car spawner which is in a hard to reach spot.

No, I think i hit the point pretty well and then you confirmed it... Anyways

You notice the Cool down timer on the car spawns?

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

No, I think i hit the point pretty well and then you confirmed it... Anyways

You notice the Cool down timer on the car spawns?

I haven't noticed any cool down timers. Either it's bugged or it is WAY too short. They can spawn their car constantly and so can I.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dragonshaman said:

Stop using low yields and take concussion for a moment, one nade is enough to damage the car so enemy can't spawn. Don't be silly please, it's your own fault you're not using it. I've got a 4x4 and i can make it so its tough as pioneer