Hexerin

There are multiple blatant cheaters in Jericho Waterfront 2 US East right now

23 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

-Add FairFight with Battleye/EAC

-Add 3 GMs to observe cheaters from the game.

-Encrypt the Game files from modding.

You just need EAC with all of its protections enabled. That will prevent client modding as well. 

I don't understand why they have decided to go back to battleye instead of integrating EAC properly.

Edited by PotatoeGirl

8 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

I don't understand why they have decided to go back to battleye instead of integrating EAC properly.

I can't find the post on it now, but there were issues getting some of EAC's features to integrate into APB:R and function correctly. Once EAC's people deemed the issues insurmountable, LO & EAC couldn't agree a reduced fee for the reduced service. That's why they went back to BattlEye.

EAC even without all the bells & whistles was still better than BattlEye though.

14 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

Block all high/gold rank players from bronze district.

Hey Hey now. We used to have allot of High or Max ranks Legits that played bronze. Most left because of the lack of anticheat, population, and working guns. All of which drove out more people like me, cuz without pop, and solid hit regs or the hacking of hit regs or health there is only a couple of joker jobs that can be done.

Dont really matter now, it used to matter if they dethreated but now there just as many hack in bronze as silver.

GMs dont deal with hacking, dont have detection. Its like LO just won't accept or believe that many hacks exist, n they'd rather keep the few legits in Line, from Rocking the Boat. Cuz if they loose 3 or 4 legits its nothing to them, compared to banning the other 50 hackers in NA. If they ban them they would only have 4 or 5 legit players left, n that wont get them investors or put them in the tradable market

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Cuz if they loose 3 or 4 legits its nothing to them, compared to banning the other 50 hackers in NA. If they ban them they would only have 4 or 5 legit players left

I dunno who started this ridiculous idea, but I wish everyone would stop repeating it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I dunno who started this ridiculous idea, but I wish everyone would stop repeating it. 

if kids in this game had more words in there vocabulary  and better eye sight i think they would see there's atleast 4-5 hackers per a session and the rest are legit, they don't seem to understand in a game like this in this state you basically facing off with people who have played for many years or are on alts or know the map and mission lay out etc. but i guess it's easier to cry hacker give up tk your team ruin a mission and make more people quit then to shut up and learn what your doing and figuring out if they are hacking or not. oh well sad world 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

You just need EAC with all of its protections enabled. That will prevent client modding as well. 

When EAC was active on apb reloaded, it wasn't prevent from modding the game files. It was even worse than the current anti-cheat

(Only in my opnion):

I think Battleye + Fairfight would do better job.  But GMs are still needed to observe the real hackers.

Anyone who thinks eac is better than battleye has ZERO understanding of how they function. They are practically the same both have had usermode(no drivers/kernal) exploits both use something called 'heart beat' which just means the battleye/eac server communicates with the client every so often to make sure battleye/eac is still running, these packets can be emulated though(not sure if this still works don't think it does). They are both equally useful for taking out script kiddies and lazy cheaters but they won't touch anyone with even a little cursory knowledge or understanding of they're functioning which is easily obtainable public knowledge since every update is reversed engineered within a few days by some no life.  The only way to combat cheaters/hackers properly is to cover as much ground as possible ie server-sided anti-cheat like fairfight + client-sided(battleye) + fairly active gm's with the ability to track suspect players (not saying ban but investigate and compile evidence) [since spectating doesn't follow the players aim give them something like what goat had called aim-lazer which tracks there aiming].

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Anyone who thinks eac is better than battleye has been...

...paying attention to their effects on cheaters in APB specifically.

That is, APB was never more cheat free in its entire history than when we had EAC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

When EAC was active on apb reloaded, it wasn't prevent from modding the game files. It was even worse than the current anti-cheat

(Only in my opnion):

I think Battleye + Fairfight would do better job.  But GMs are still needed to observe the real hackers.

Fairfight didn't even work it was all manual bans so i don't know why you want fairfight it fucking sucks there is a reason a lot of games switched away from fairfight. Also BE doesn't prevent modding the gamefiles so i don't see the point in saying that EAC is worse then BE. BE is worse then EAC. EAC at least did stop most of the cheats while BE gets bypassed instant on day one.

Edited by Gateron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gateron said:

Fairfight didn't even work it was all manual bans so i don't know why you want fairfight it fucking sucks there is a reason a lot of games switched away from fairfight. Also BE doesn't prevent modding the gamefiles so i don't see the point in saying that EAC is worse then BE. BE is worse then EAC. EAC at least did stop most of the cheats while BE gets bypassed instant on day one.

Fairfight didn't even work it was all manual bans

All manual ban? :classic_huh: Where did you get that information from?

Also BE doesn't prevent modding the gamefiles

I never said battleye should protect the game files. Littel Orbit have to encreypt their game files from modding. Not hard to do.

EAC at least did stop most of the cheats while BE gets bypassed instant on day one.

In my point of view are both easy to bypass. Just google for information how to bypass an anti-cheat  isn't that hard. That's the reason to add a Server Side Anti-Cheat like FairFight as well. 

6 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

All manual ban? :classic_huh: Where did you get that information from?

I never said battleye should protect the game files. Littel Orbit have to encreypt their game files from modding. Not hard to do.

In my point of view are both easy to bypass. Just google for information how to bypass an anti-cheat  isn't that hard. That's the reason to add a Server Side Anti-Cheat like FairFight as well. 

Bro Matt scot himself said that the Fairfight gives false positives and tiggs was putting manual bans left and right but, you probably don't even know who that is since you registered in 2020. And EAC did in fact stop most cheats expect the private ones that only has a few players running it. The only thing you saw was apes with Trigger bot running around since yes EAC didn't support server side anti cheat but, even then i rather fight people with trigger bot then blatant WH and Aimbot.

EAC times was the best times this game had.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 8:50 PM, MonkaS said:

No one is using an ai or machine learning cheat in apb(only ones I know of were for fortnite and rainbow six siege which both ran like a$$).

OH.. so I guess what you don't know about doesn't exist.

You can easily search and find plenty of info on it that shows you are wrong about that.

Edited by Cr0

3 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

OH.. so I guess what you don't know about doesn't exist.

You can easily search and find plenty of info on it that shows you are wrong about that.

dm me the info than I highly doubt this is the case as someone who regularly checks cheater discords and forums and who talks to the coders they're prob just using some cr@p color based or img search aimbot.

14 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

dm me the info than I highly doubt this is the case as someone who regularly checks cheater discords and forums and who talks to the coders they're prob just using some cr@p color based or img search aimbot.

I told LO about a couple of them it. That's the only one I'm gonna tell. And let me tell you color based stuff can be very good.  I'm an expert on those.

Edited by Cr0

29 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

I told LO about a couple of them it. That's the only one I'm gonna tell. And let me tell you color based stuff can be very good.  I'm an expert on those.

no they aren't good they are for the lazy coder same thing with external cheats internal is always better. also I said dm me.

Edited by MonkaS

On 5/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, ShawLOL said:

Because it wasn't fully utilized. I think they didn't enable it just because of being scared losing all the playerbase that uses modded clients (which is basically everyone if we count the advanced launcher)

2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

no they aren't good they are for the lazy coder same thing with external cheats internal is always better. also I said dm me.

How do you know?

No I won't DM you (or anyone else) the links to those, sorry.

On 5/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, PotatoeGirl said:

Blocking client modding is a feature built into the game, but it's not enabled for most files. G1 enabled it on most vehicle related upk files when they started encrypting them. You don't need a 3rd party anticheat to do it. Innova / 4Game, the Russian version, blocked custom shaders with it. My guesses are it puts too much strain on the servers and LO don't have enough staff to work on it. It could have been hard coded per file for all I know.

Edited by SquirrelFace

5 hours ago, Cr0 said:

How do you know?

No I won't DM you (or anyone else) the links to those, sorry.

than I choose to not believe you. how would I know that you made a crappy color/image search aimbot?

I'm genuinely not good at telling when people are hacking in this game, does anyone have any video evidence or examples I can see so I can learn what types there are and how to detect it please? Thank you in advance.

48 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

I'm genuinely not good at telling when people are hacking in this game, does anyone have any video evidence or examples I can see so I can learn what types there are and how to detect it please? Thank you in advance.

better off just not bothering, i might be a little biased but i've never seen the point in wasting my own brain power and game time wondering who is cheating and who isn't

On 4/30/2021 at 4:06 PM, Jinsen said:

My question is, Why does it seem lower tier players always complain about cheats?

Because the bronze districts are the most populated... more population... more bullshoot.  Come on now... the game is circling the commode rn... it's literal abandonware... just read the forum comments where people are saying... "why not?"   There's your answer. Anything goes when there's zero moderation and a crappy anticheat on a F2P game.  LO doesn't care... and most players (former and current) don't either... Dead Game.... dead with no hope of revival.

6 minutes ago, Cyberlicious said:

Dead Game.... dead with no hope of revival.

At least the forums are still here, amirite?