Darkzero3802

Another Wake Up Call Little Orbit

People are so funny blaming Little Orbit. People wake up they bought the game the community is a freebie who cares about the current population. From what I have seen they are looking into the future. Focus on the new engine polish it fully adjust gameplay to something that actually works start marketing and sponsoring influencers bringing new players into a game that is actually balanced and running decent enough on your average system.

The current community is useless they want to keep the game like they played it for years. There is a reason this game is dying the gameplay is bad and the only thing it has going for it is the customization.  Our advises and vision doesn't connect to the future players. 

-peace

Edited by Gateron
  • Like 2

Think people are just tired of playing the same old APB and want the new one to come out.

It is a lot easier to play other more engaging and fun games and peak into this forum for future updates on the new APB 2.0 or whatever than it is to just play apb once in a while and deal with lopsided matches, and whatever nonsense players have to go through.

Plus I am back in Asia again, and there is no Asia or SEA server, so what is the point of playing against players who have better ping than you when the server network is shitty to begin with.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, xiphos said:

yes shift to the current engine that has already caused everyone to leave the game, great idea

idk if you cant or wont understand this, but the last 9 years of apb have been "salvaging" whats left of the current engine, and look where its gotten us

So after 2014 weve had new content? Wheres a new map? New missions? Proper balancing? New game mode? Since 2014 its been strictly milking the cow for all its worth without putting anything into it. No duh everyones leaving when theres nothing new to keep you playing. LO needs to keep ppl playing in the current engine while they finish the "new" engine. That wont happen unless they make some changes and add some stuff now to keep enough ppl playing. Otherwise you wont make it to see the new engine and no amount of new engine advertising will help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

So after 2014 weve had new content? Wheres a new map? New missions? Proper balancing? New game mode? Since 2014 its been strictly milking the cow for all its worth without putting anything into it. No duh everyones leaving when theres nothing new to keep you playing. LO needs to keep ppl playing in the current engine while they finish the "new" engine. That wont happen unless they make some changes and add some stuff now to keep enough ppl playing. Otherwise you wont make it to see the new engine and no amount of new engine advertising will help.

Understand that if LO adds new stuff while they work on the new engine they also have to convert what's new into the new engine as well and they might create a never ending cycle of adding new and converting new while adding new and converting that new as well pushing the date further away. The reason why they need their time is because 2 former companies screwed up so bad. A new map would devide the small pop that is dense enough to fill all current maps. A new mode might do the same. What you can do here is rotate stuff. Remove one mode/map temporary and add another one but then you have people that prefer one mode or map and stop playing when their favourite one is gone. I didn't know what to do when they removed asylum for beacon once. 

You also don't know what part of San Paro might blow up if you change one bit of code here or there. The possibilities on this outdated current engine are tiny to almost not there.

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

LO needs to keep ppl playing in the current engine while they finish the "new" engine

Why?

29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Why?

Because it will be harder to bring ppl back once when they have left.

Some will come back when the engine update happens but a lot more won't.

Not to mention without any significant new content, the engine update won't change much either. 

1 hour ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Not to mention without any significant new content, the engine update won't change much either. 

The 2 new contacts gonna be the new content with the engine final release.Not gonna be much but still..

18 hours ago, Tumbies said:

APB has exceedingly become a sick joke with a community generally known to house trolls, incels, addicts, and all sorts of psychos.

Well said, funny but true. 😂

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

new content is worthless when no one can play it, good luck getting anyone to stick around after announcing that current performance is going to continue forever

btw we have had an entirely new game mode since 2014 - riot took more than a year of dev time and still came out a buggy mess, why the hell do you think a repeat of that is what will save apb?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Because it will be harder to bring ppl back once when they have left.

Some will come back when the engine update happens but a lot more won't.

You primarily want to get new people instead of bringing back old players. New people are more important and once that happens, older players will come back themself. There's no point in making stuff on a unstable engine just to get back a limited amount of people that might leave again if they don't like it.

Logged in, joined a district  and hopped in the 4x4. It was impossible to drive like last year, felt  unresponsive and just slow. Joined a gold district - it was even worse. My guess they have allocated less resources for it or it runs or shittier  tier  server. 

But don't worry guys, once they finish the engine update they will fix the rest. Have 1660, 2000 or 3000 series nvidia ? Hope you don't mind few more years.

12 minutes ago, Sayori said:

My guess they have allocated less resources for it or it runs or shittier  tier  server. 

But don't worry guys, once they finish the engine update they will fix the rest. Have 1660, 2000 or 3000 series nvidia ? Hope you don't mind few more years.

That's a good guess considering your very detailed discription of problems.

54 minutes ago, JunoSuzuki said:

That's a good guess considering your very detailed discription of problems.

What's not clear to you?

Driving is unresponsive. It's very simple. Cars don't even move at their full speed and controls are not immediate as they should be. Taking a 90 degrees is a nightmare. Generally it feels like  driving a tank, not 4x4. And it's really not only 4x4, it's the same issue with the other cars. Just logged it again to see if it's any difference - well it's not. I know it's not me, neither it's the first time this happens.

And apparently servers are running at 33ms(30fps) but pretty sure this is not the case.

Even G1 was better.

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

What's not clear to you?

Driving is unresponsive. It's very simple. Cars don't even move at their full speed and controls are not immediate as they should be. Taking a 90 degrees is a nightmare. Generally it feels like  driving a tank, not 4x4. And it's really not only 4x4, it's the same issue with the other cars. Just logged it again to see if it's any difference - well it's not. I know it's not me, neither it's the first time this happens.

And apparently servers are running at 33ms(30fps) but pretty sure this is not the case.

Even G1 was better.

APB's car physics always was dorky, to begin with. I prefer heavy cars like Espacio, or just learn to drive any other car I like.

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

Even G1 was better.

Praising the cause, blaming those who want to fix it. Classic.

Everything you said prior has a point. I also think car handling could need a little upgrade but we have to wait for that and i understand if people can't wait.

It all seem so easy when spectating from a passenger seat.

Judging from the last engine news post

we have looong way till even testing.Like theres one big problem after another.I doubt they release it even this summer.Is more like from september..

Honestly a few quickfixes could make the game viable:

Removing faction locked items and making them available globally for both factions.

Removing the high rank requirement on modifications

Lowering experience needed to level up a contact/earn modifications/weapon slots

Removing the gold district as well as widening the length of time a player maintains their rank before ranking up

Collating weapon values

This would make APB fun

I wish you guys would complain less and actually suggest things for them to do with polls to show them

Edited by Reprimand

4 hours ago, Reprimand said:

I wish you guys would complain less and actually suggest things for them to do with polls to show them

I hate to break it to you, but everything you've suggested has been said hundreds of times on the forums. People are tired of suggesting I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I hate to break it to you, but everything you've suggested has been said hundreds of times on the forums. People are tired of suggesting I think.

Well why isn't it happening? I know the engine is being upgraded but they put the server under maintenance every week, are they unable to make these changes in order to build hype to the engine upgrade?

9 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

Well why isn't it happening?

probably because lots of things people assume are simple quick fixes are not, in fact, simple or quick

hence the engine upgrade

2 minutes ago, xiphos said:

probably because lots of things people assume are simple quick fixes are not, in fact, simple or quick

hence the engine upgrade

You always talk sense. I appreciate that about you.

They could at least disable the OSMAW and OGPL.

On 4/18/2021 at 3:32 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

So after 2014 weve had new content? Wheres a new map? New missions? Proper balancing?

midtown anyone ?

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

midtown anyone ?

This guy Ellix said that he cancel the map for APB and gonna use hes work for another project..so yea thats gone i think