Darkzero3802

Another Wake Up Call Little Orbit

If by now none of you have seen how bad the pop is your blind. All of the recent decisions by Matt and the lack of addressing anything in the current engine have left everyone flocking away. Unless you shift focus to the current engine to try to salvage what's left your engine work will be pointless as nobody will be playing the game. APB pop has been dying at a faster rate then anytime in its past, and this last yr is during a pandemic where everyone is home all the time and everyone else (other games) saw increases. Wake up LO, wake up Matt time to come back to reality.

20210410.jpg

screen11.png

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If by now none of you have seen how bad the pop is your blind. All of the recent decisions by Matt and the lack of addressing anything in the current engine have left everyone flocking away. Unless you shift focus to the current engine to try to salvage what's left your engine work will be pointless as nobody will be playing the game. APB pop has been dying at a faster rate then anytime in its past, and this last yr is during a pandemic where everyone is home all the time and everyone else (other games) saw increases. Wake up LO, wake up Matt time to come back to reality.

20210410.jpg

screen11.png

lol the population has been like this for years.  I used to play during this time and you can see it's always dead, been like that since 2018 Han and now NA.

I checked the statistics of NA peak hours https://will.io/apb/ barely reaching 100 during the week lol. I assuming you just post the screen shot an hour ago where everyone from NA is sleeping? 

There's barely any Asia + Oceania players left to play during those time zone to keep the server going there use to be 150 regular Han players playing during this time, most of them quit due to their ping being above 200ms on NA. idk this game likes to kill off region player base like how g1 move Han off china and 700+ players from Asia disappeared lol, same thing goes with little orbit merging Han into NA which only benefits a few players, but most of them are already on the edge of quitting. 

People quit due to having poor experience with the game or take breaks, the game hasn't changed for years, with the population decreasing who wants to play a 20v20 populated game against the same players everyday. It's even worst for those new players who end up being railed by veterans in a daily basis, I don't see the game growing. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

20210410.jpg

screen11.png

huh? I don't get what you're trying to say.

You want them to stop focusing on the newer engine and keep working on the older I don't know what version of unreal engine this game is running?
Even if they do that what do you think they can add to stop the population from further decreasing? It would also just delay the engine upgrade further which I think is needed as the current engine is quite old and it makes adding shit harder or something.

My opinion is that it's their game (and money/investment) I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm more surprised by the fact that this game is still somewhat alive now. 
Sure, I would like APB to get more players and become popular again but at this point it's been years and I frankly I don't care if the game dies or not.
If it becomes great and popular again, great I'll come back and play it. If not, that's fine for me.

• Like 1

The current pop doesn't matter. Polish the game, make a good ad campagne and get new people to this game. Some people that played APB and took a break/quit will come back anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stop cryn about ur dead NA server pls.Died like 5-6 years ago.Btw even the pc version of PUBG in NA is dead o dou the game still have over 100k players.On NA u wait like 10 min to fill with 100 players to play match.In other f2p games-is the same

44 minutes ago, JunoSuzuki said:

The current pop doesn't matter. Polish the game, make a good ad campagne and get new people to this game. Some people that played APB and took a break/quit will come back anyway.

You must have tried the new engine during the last test right? it's not performing well at all.

I bet it'll take atleast another year until it's close to the same performance we have today and then this games already dead, and if they release the new engine prematurely with worse performance it'll die eitherway.

They have to add some kind of content to the current engine in my opinion to get some returning players.

8 minutes ago, SkrotN said:

You must have tried the new engine during the last test right? it's not performing well at all.

I bet it'll take atleast another year until it's close to the same performance we have today and then this games already dead, and if they release the new engine prematurely with worse performance it'll die eitherway.

They have to add some kind of content to the current engine in my opinion to get some returning players.

Sphere.PNG.b58d6a63d931f7ab4f297a21adcfe

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Literally nothing is happening in the game anymore, this community needs something to look forward to in shortterm. Literally any change to the game consistently.

Like how hard can it be to push an update each month with LITERALLY any change?

1 minute ago, SkrotN said:

Literally nothing is happening in the game anymore, this community needs something to look forward to in shortterm. Literally any change to the game consistently.

Like how hard can it be to push an update each month with LITERALLY any change?

The whole "we can't add anything to the current engine" is such a load of bs as well. *poof* new Legendary. *poof* new jokerstore contact.

I'm sure they would be able to add at least some new cosmetics. Not those default preset clothing items but actual new hairstyles& clothing.
Same goes for a new contact, I'm sure they'll be just fine adding a new contact in to financial or waterfront to level up in the current engine.

And it's literally what you said in the previous post (the one before the one I quoted you on).
The new engine runs like crap, they really haven't shown any improvement ever since I was able to test the first closed beta.
That whole project will possibly next to keeping Battle Eye be the thing that'll fully kill APB Reloaded.
They'll literally have to release  it soontm without any issues.. And let's be real, that won't happen.

1 hour ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Of course current pop should matter.. More people that play = more people joining = higher pop = better playability populationwise.
Shame that the tutorial is such a sack of sh*t and that there's a bunch of cheating apes running around right now, add some dethreating people that are bullying away completely new players from the bronze districts. 

APB is in a terrible state, that bad that there might not really be a way to fix it.. 
Just shut it down ^^ 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cuve said:

Of course current pop should matter.. More people that play = more people joining = higher pop = better playability populationwise.
Shame that the tutorial is such a sack of sh*t and that there's a bunch of cheating apes running around right now, add some dethreating people that are bullying away completely new players from the bronze districts. 

APB is in a terrible state, that bad that there might not really be a way to fix it.. 
Just shut it down ^^ 

That's why i think the current pop doesn't matter right now*. Only a few of us brought something valuable into this community for others anyway, the rest thinks it's nice to be toxic. That doesn't mean LO should just put down APB because there are people that enjoy this game and want to see it grow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JunoSuzuki said:

That's why i think the current pop doesn't matter right now*. Only a few of us brought something valuable into this community for others anyway, the rest thinks it's nice to be toxic. That doesn't mean LO should just put down APB because there are people that enjoy this game and want to see it grow. 

I wouldn't wanna see anything less than APB's growth but both you and me know very well that the chance of Little Orbit succeeding is slim. 
I just don't see Little Orbit coming close to fixing all the issues that the game is undergoing right at this very moment, because the present is still the most important subject here. That whole engine upgrade thing is for a later date.. It's bad.. It looks bad, it runs bad it's just bad in every single aspect and I don't see them solving all the issues this year (as they projected in their 2021 roadmap).

As far as the present goes... I don't play the game but stories from friends and looking at streams occasionally really show that there is a massive cheating problem once again, it was bad back in June when BE got re-introduced, then it slightly died down but ever since January it became real bad again (hence why I stopped playing). It really looks bad, it gives the game a bad reputation, the community a bad reputation and potential new people won't be interested in giving APB a try (If they do, they probably wouldn't recommend it to their friends unless they're psycho). Even though you say that the population doesn't matter now, it's still very important for the future and I really do not get how you could say that what happens right now doesn't matter at all... If everyone stopped playing right now, there wouldn't be an APB Reloaded to begin with ^^ 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cuve said:

I wouldn't wanna see anything less than APB's growth but both you and me know very well that the chance of Little Orbit succeeding is slim. 
I just don't see Little Orbit coming close to fixing all the issues that the game is undergoing right at this very moment, because the present is still the most important subject here. That whole engine upgrade thing is for a later date.. It's bad.. It looks bad, it runs bad it's just bad in every single aspect and I don't see them solving all the issues this year (as they projected in their 2021 roadmap).

As far as the present goes... I don't play the game but stories from friends and looking at streams occasionally really show that there is a massive cheating problem once again, it was bad back in June when BE got re-introduced, then it slightly died down but ever since January it became real bad again (hence why I stopped playing). It really looks bad, it gives the game a bad reputation, the community a bad reputation and potential new people won't be interested in giving APB a try (If they do, they probably wouldn't recommend it to their friends unless they're psycho). Even though you say that the population doesn't matter now, it's still very important for the future and I really do not get how you could say that what happens right now doesn't matter at all... If everyone stopped playing right now, there wouldn't be an APB Reloaded to begin with ^^ 

Just to put in a little difference here: Anyone that contributes something to this game in a positive way, even if it's just playing the game, does matter. Anyone that willingly has their part in destroying it and make others not enjoy/quit the game doesn't. 

Chances might be slim but i still hope they can make the best out of it but i can also understand if you don't see a future in this game anymore. The line is thin, that's why i pushed forward this positive approach of supporting LO and community campagnes. Maybe i developed a slight distate for this community which makes me say the pop right now doesnt matter. I also would like to see the negative chunk of people be gone forever before we welcome new people and make them stay. Maybe it won't be that bad at all and so far we are still there in APB, if we play or not. I am also busy with other games but i am still invested in APB Reloaded.

The cheating issue is a whole different thing but it's also deep anchored in the toxic part of this community and i hate it. A bunch of kids that flex on people on this game til what? Til it's dead. And then what? Looking for the next game like the pest they are, i guess.

To be honest i hope that things get better and LO reach their goals. I will be still supportive to LO and helpful to anyone that needs help or advice. I just got annoyed by negative bs.

• Thanks 1

You're not going to attract new players with out any advertisement, you're not going to get any old players back without some serious changes. 

Right now its a handful of pro's that only care about K/D, there is no Spirit of The Game. Its always been hard on a beginner.

The anticheat is grossly ineffective, and because it is. There is even more suspicion. 

Ya give me joker jobs but you nerf all the subguns taking that job out, ya take out Pres/Note 5 n ya dont put in another joker job to replace it. So You gave me something to grind, then in my opinion, gave the cheats the run of the game by nerfing my guns. So unless I wanna feed cheats, you really give me no reason to play. Why climb the ladder so u can kick it out from under me?

I didn't want to make a rant, these are reasons why we have such a low pop

• Like 2

You say the population is low, and to undermine your claim, you show a district selection tab showing multiple instances spun up but empty. Thing is: this could only be the result of a global disconnect event, because you would not get multiple instances of the same district unless one of them at least was full. 😉

Anyways point taken, it could be better.

• Like 1

I'd rather they shut it down now and focus entirely on working on the engine upgrade. There's no way that APB is making them any cash currently, may as well focus entirely on the engine upgrade and not even bother maintaining the old version. A properly scaled relaunch with the engine upgrade and new content would probably do much better than the drip-feed that is the engine upgrade presently.

Why should they do anything about the current game? It's patootie. LO can't do anything revolutionary on 3.0 anyway.

Here, lets start advertising for the shitty version of the game and loose population before the new engine.

I stopped playing this past week because suddenly I was getting non stop: Rage whispers (mostly by team mates), Griefed , Team killed, and name shamed.

So if LO doesn't care about this version of the game, I wont either. Let them do their work and see if some actual administration will keep a watchful eye over the game in 2.1

10 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Unless you shift focus to the current engine to try to salvage what's left your engine work will be pointless as nobody will be playing the game.

yes shift to the current engine that has already caused everyone to leave the game, great idea

idk if you cant or wont understand this, but the last 9 years of apb have been "salvaging" whats left of the current engine, and look where its gotten us

• Like 1

I swear... either I have deja-vu. Or this is a repeat thread using the Steam stats to show the game is dying.

The devs are not spending much time on current engine APB, because any work diverted to add new features will have to be repeated on the new engine. MattScott even said that they're not going to market and advertise the new engine until it's in a ready state. Why would you try marketing it now? That wastes the time and effort of the team, and hurts the game's future progress. If players return now, they see a discombobulated mess, and reduces chances of people returning when the actual engine upgrade comes.

• Like 2

I'm sure Little Orbit knows that nobody wants to play this game in that state (apart from the 400 people who are online every day). Little Orbit is simply too small, doesn't have enough money, too few employees. 

I was really confident after the takeover of Apb, but now you can see that Little Orbit is simply too weak...

see u 2077 when the upgrade is out and new contacts are playable

26 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

I'm sure Little Orbit knows that nobody wants to play this game in that state (apart from the 400 people who are online every day). Little Orbit is simply too small, doesn't have enough money, too few employees. 

I was really confident after the takeover of Apb, but now you can see that Little Orbit is simply too weak...

see u 2077 when the upgrade is out and new contacts are playable

Not too weak. If they would have a money issue they wouldnt give us free premium for more than a year. As far as i know money isn't that much of a problem as it seems and they also hired new people for support and a bunch of ppl specialized in UE 3.5. They keep going and wont give up thats what i know.

• Like 1

A number of replies had to be removed from this thread due to not being a part of civil discussions related to the topic at hand.

While we understand the frustrations from various sides, keep the discussions civil.

~@mayii

• Like 1

This same guy posts this same topic with this charts in every couple of months..

• Thanks 2

I miss Firefall so much. Matt could you buy that title as well and work on that too?

Waiting for the new engine update to come out before trying the game and streaming it. When will that be, no idea. Havent played in years but havent forgotten about it either. I just want to play the better version of what I played back in the day. Better match making and better missions. Once the update is done with new content will be so much easier to add = faster content updates.

• Like 1

Is what it is. If something eventually releases then great, but otherwise yeah things have been rough for ages. Everyone here knows it. Can we just stop already?

Gets really boring reading the same stuff 5,000 times over.

2 minutes ago, killerskull said:

I miss Firefall so much. Matt could you buy that title as well and work on that too?

Fun-fact: Firefall isn't likely to come back. The current owners of that IP don't want to part with it despite seemingly zero plans to do anything with the MMOFPS or the supposed mobile title that I don't think ever saw the light of day.

• Like 3