Sign in to follow this  
owzzy

Battleye or Easy Anti Cheat?

Battleye or Easy Anti Cheat?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which one was better / did you prefer?

• Battleye
    • Easy Anti Cheat
    • FairFight??
    • Punkbuster?????

23 minutes ago, xiphos said:

http://old.apbdb.com/track/400529/

i was certain there was a false ban wave that was publicly reverted around the same time as an xmas event but i can't seem to dig up any posts on it, doesn't help that the old forums have been nuked so finding anything is obnoxious

you linked to bans caused by punkbuster not fairfight. the xmas event bans weren't even caused by fairfight malfunctioning as far as I remember there was a bug in the game that caused player names to be seen through certain walls and that caused players to instinctively track them which caused fairfight to ban since yea know tracking players behind walls is indicative or wallhack/esp.

Edited by MonkaS

1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

you linked to bans caused by punkbuster not fairfight. the xmas event bans weren't even caused by fairfight malfunctioning as far as I remember there was a bug in the game that caused player names to be seen through certain walls and that caused players to instinctively track them which caused fairfight to ban since yea know tracking players behind walls is indicative or wallhack/esp.

it mentions an ongoing investigation into a fairfight ruleset that resulted in false bans about halfway through

if your memory of the xmas event ban wave happening is correct than i think that still counts as false bans, and it's also probably one of the reasons ff was discontinued by orbit - being able to see and/or track player names through supposedly solid environmental structures is definitely not rare in apb

@xiphos @MonkaS
I was part of those xmas 2016 false Punkbuster bans. FairFight did not advertise my ban. It was a silo PunkBuster error.
I remember digging and seeing how the PB package for APB was never properly configured in the game files.

I really doubt PunkBuster would do any kind of ESP tracking. It monitors the memory for interfering processes, not player inputs according to context.

Edited by Talla

FairFight

It was need time for make a Ban.  its Ok.   was so good Feel :]

Sign in to follow this