Sign in to follow this  
owzzy

Battleye or Easy Anti Cheat?

Battleye or Easy Anti Cheat?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which one was better / did you prefer?

• Battleye
    • Easy Anti Cheat
    • FairFight??
    • Punkbuster?????

Throwback to when this game wasn't filled with cheaters :^)

Edited by owzzy
  • Like 6

throwback to when missions were playable and the most you faced was the odd tbotter or macro user here and there 🙄

• Like 2

Just now, Benguin said:

tiggs was the best anti cheat

facts

EAC by a mile lmao.
BE has literally been useless ever since it came back to APB once again last year.

• Like 3

FF begining streak was impressive thats for sure.Things changed dou..

fairfight actually worked when it was paid for to bad matt thinks because he was able to invoke a false ban all the fairfight bans were false or even a majority. I see to many names that were on ffbans and are now cheating again and not being banned.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

fairfight actually worked when it was paid for to bad matt thinks because he was able to invoke a false ban all the fairfight bans were false or even a majority. I see to many names that were on ffbans and are now cheating again and not being banned.

Fairfight was not configured right. It was banning everyone who went over a certain threshold. I do agree that fairfight was the best anticheat, but it requires a lot of time and dedication to properly tune for the specific game. LO don't even have enough resources to work on the Beta. Going with BE or EAC was the more realistic option. The basics of FF can be within the server's code, like detecting speed hacks and macros.

I noticed that on NA. Saw a few really old players blatantly cheating. I wonder if it's they no longer care about their accounts since the game is nearly dead. One even deleted their max rank crim and switched it to enforcer. I triple checked that they didn't do something like swap I with L.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Fairfight was not configured right. It was banning everyone who went over a certain threshold. I do agree that fairfight was the best anticheat, but it requires a lot of time and dedication to properly tune for the specific game. LO don't even have enough resources to work on the Beta. Going with BE or EAC was the more realistic option. The basics of FF can be within the server's code, like detecting speed hacks and macros.

I noticed that on NA. Saw a few really old players blatantly cheating. I wonder if it's they no longer care about their accounts since the game is nearly dead. One even deleted their max rank crim and switched it to enforcer. I triple checked that they didn't do something like swap I with L.

what threshold? kills? its actually supposed to work that way its a statistic based anti-cheat. if players purposefully try to trigger a detection which seemed to be the case since I don't know anyone unfairly banned they kinda deserve the ban since it would be considered "unnatural" gameplay.

Edited by MonkaS

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

what threshold? kills? its actually supposed to work that way its a statistic based anti-cheat. if players purposefully try to trigger a detection which seemed to be the case since I don't know anyone who were unfairly banned they kinda deserve the ban since it would be considered "unnatural" gameplay.

Lets just ignore the fact that they had multiple false ban waves and admitted fault when removing those bans. Playing the first Christmas gun game event was enough to trigger a ban. FF is suppose to monitor long term activity, not ban on 1 parameter triggered 1 time. G1 put zero effort into optimizing the system, and LO didn't have the resources to fix it.

I'm not saying they're aren't cheaters, nor am I saying FF was a bad system. G1 screwed it up, and LO don't have the resources to fix it. That's all.

Also to stay on topic, ALL client sided anticheats are garbage. They screw over legit users more than cheaters.

imo the best solution would be a decent client side anticheat to stop literally anyone from launching the game with free cheats from a google search, paired with a finely tuned server side anticheat like ff to (hopefully) catch anyone regardless of code quality, or at least force them to lower their advantages

but that costs money and resources that orbit probably don't have

Its amazing how many anti cheats have been implemented and failed to do the job properly cause G1 and then LO were/are too lazy to take the next steps to make sure things actually work properly

A lot of these threads are just beating dead horses at this point but in short - EAC definitely.

APB has not had a more playable period than during the EAC period in its entire history as it had the all time lowest amount of cheaters across the board. And keep in mind that it was just EAC's client side alone. We never even got to utilize the server side which would have probably cleaned up 99.9% of the game. Every other anti-cheat that we've had on APB has been a royal disappointment as they just don't cut it.

Nowadays we have even more rage hackers running around for months on end and nothing is being done about it even with tons of reports with proof (some of them even streaming the game/uploading fragmovies on YouTube), meanwhile BE itself doesn't catch it since its all private cheats, lots of macros and triggerbots which also don't get caught by BE for the most part. It genuinely is reminiscent of the FF days in terms of freedom for cheaters. And yes, I am sure BE is catching a lot of amateur cheaters upon login with some poorly made cheat but that amounts to nothing when they are probably the ones coding it in the first place and were simply caught on a throwaway test account. "BE has banned so many accounts" doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things because there are closets (and rage closets) running around Citadel constantly, barely ever being caught and having to reroll/buy new accounts where they proceed to do it again for another 6 months+ unphased.

Its tragic that almost every time I see someone playing arranged matches/scrims on stream nowadays its just Hack vs Hack with at least 1 cheater (of any capacity) on each team.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Lets just ignore the fact that they had multiple false ban waves and admitted fault when removing those bans. Playing the first Christmas gun game event was enough to trigger a ban. FF is suppose to monitor long term activity, not ban on 1 parameter triggered 1 time. G1 put zero effort into optimizing the system, and LO didn't have the resources to fix it.

I'm not saying they're aren't cheaters, nor am I saying FF was a bad system. G1 screwed it up, and LO don't have the resources to fix it. That's all.

Also to stay on topic, ALL client sided anticheats are garbage. They screw over legit users more than cheaters.

no what triggered the ban was players tracking other players behind walls its just the threshold was super low this was also around the time you could see names behind some walls. your right though g1 didn't put effort into finding a good threshold for certain fairfight detections like kills pre minute was super high for a long time.

Lets teach some kids a lesson.

REMOVE THE ANTI CHEAT!!!!

I definitely feel like any "work" EAC did is purely placebo. The cheats that exist today cannot be fixed by anti-cheat and need to be addressed on a gameplay level.

how?

Remove macros: Make all semi auto weapons fire automatically then tune the the fire rate of each gun to balance this. This would make macros useless.
Hit-scans: Remove/make it harder for hit-scans to detect another player. (could start by making crosshairs not change color unless hovering over a teammate)
Some configs remove ambient sound which makes it easier to hear other players. If this isn't used to give you an advantage, why use it? (obviously configs will be gone with 3.5)

You also can never prove if someone is cheating by versing them. You just can't. Implementing kill-cams could effectively show people either:

A: how to aim guns properly
or
B: Reveal an aim-bot to which a "report kill-cam" prompt can appear. 

Stuff like wallhacks would be harder and would require an effective anti cheat. But I have not personally seen too many wallhackers. But an effective way to rid this type of cheater would be giving admin privileges to the game masters. Give them the ability to watch players behavior and suspend them (leave banning to support).

You can never eliminate cheaters in any game. But you can make it annoying for them.

Edited by R3ACT3M
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Remove macros: Make all semi auto weapons fire automatically then tune the the fire rate of each gun to balance this. This would make macros useless.

this wouldn't render macros useless, it would just make it easier for macro users because they'd no longer need an optimal rof and a max rof macro

Hit-scans: Remove/make it harder for hit-scans to detect another player. (could start by making crosshairs not change color unless hovering over a teammate)

no

Some configs remove ambient sound which makes it easier to hear other players. If this isn't used to give you an advantage, why use it? (obviously configs will be gone with 3.5)

i would hope this would become an option ingame, i don't need another 100 hours listening to the same thirty second club song loop 

3 hours ago, xiphos said:

this wouldn't render macros useless, it would just make it easier for macro users because they'd no longer need an optimal rof and a max rof macro

Imagine using a macro on a gun that can't fire faster than the set auto fire rate. The point would be that now semi auto guns you hold to click (other than snipers) to have the optimal ROF then LO can adjust fire rate to accommodate this.

no

yes

i would hope this would become an option ingame, i don't need another 100 hours listening to the same thirty second club song loop 

Then you clearly played this game too much, move on.

12 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

None of them have been up to snuff to be suffice for APB's needs so far.

Please share if you've seen any innovations in recent anti-cheats.
Resident programs which use signature-based detection are worthless, yet it's been the main strategy for most anti-cheats since forever.

First program to load into memory wins.
If you can load first, then you can hide or spoof data to the monitoring program.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:16 PM, SquirrelFace said:

Show me the posts by g1 that said there were false bans or that they reversed bans. LO was the only one that reversed the bans at least publicly(yes I know about dogfish I don't count that). 

28 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Show me the posts by g1 that said there were false bans or that they reversed bans. LO was the only one that reversed the bans at least publicly(yes I know about dogfish I don't count that). 

http://old.apbdb.com/track/400529/

i was certain there was a false ban wave that was publicly reverted around the same time as an xmas event but i can't seem to dig up any posts on it, doesn't help that the old forums have been nuked so finding anything is obnoxious

Sign in to follow this