Shamis

After Engine Upgrade [POLL]

APB's future (Poll)  

190 members have voted

1. 1. What are you looking forward to in APB's future? (After the Engine Upgrade)

• Better servers
    • Less client FPS lag
    • Less cheaters
    • Weapon balance
    • Matchmaking balance
    • Game map/terrain balance
    • Bugfixes
    • New maps
    • New content: Cars, weapons, contacts, mods...

8 minutes ago, Shamis said:

That's a lotta votes on content!

3 minutes ago, Deathshow99 said:

It's kinda funny how most people would prefer to get new content before optimising the fps drops 😏 But i can agree with them because it's becoming boring to play without lvling up

I guess because we're good at adapting.

Crappy servers? Adapt.

FPS drops? Adapt.

Lack of content? Petition and beg devs.

1 minute ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Crappy servers? Adapt.

FPS drops? Adapt.

i mean you gotta give props to these guys

jokers been a shit storm for the past couple of days and its not a DDOS

3 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Crappy servers? Adapt.

FPS drops? Adapt.

You're absolutely right about that, i adopted playing with 15-25 fps when i started, and when i finaly got a new pc i was even better then i was

1 minute ago, KNickz said:

i mean you gotta give props to these guys

jokers been a shit storm for the past couple of days and its not a DDOS

Fam, I know, and my gf and I complain about it everyday and guess what? You can still find us there doing missions ._.

To be fair, when it finally crashes for the night we go find something else to play (and still end up checking up on APB afterwards)

What drugs did they mix in this?

Just now, ScarecrowXIII said:

To be fair, when it finally crashes for the night we go find something else to play (and still end up checking up on APB afterwards)

Now thats called dedication! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deathshow99 said:

You're absolutely right about that, i adopted playing with 15-25 fps when i started, and when i finaly got a new pc i was even better then i was

It went as high as 25? Screw you, I had 9fps (bad day) - 15fps (great day)

Jk about the screw you, but it really was that bad. I changed my laptop too so 60fps ftw! (Well, my GPU pushes out more but my screen can't show it.)

1 minute ago, Deathshow99 said:

Now thats called dedication! 

It's called addiction sir. We have a problem.

Just now, ScarecrowXIII said:

It went as high as 25? Screw you, I had 9fps (bad day) - 15fps (great day)

Jk about the screw you, but it really was that bad. I changed my laptop too so 60fps ftw! (Well, my GPU pushes out more but my screen can't show it.)

No worries mate. I had a desktop pc though 😏 Single core cpu with 2ghz and some nvidia gpu so tell me about it 😏 Played like that from 2011 to 2014

To me proper servers is the core of everything, then fps. Without those two the rest of the options don't matter much since one won't be able to enjoy them

New contacts to level up on servers with constant packet loss? doesn't sound right

Edited by gogol
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

It's called addiction sir. We have a problem.

True, totaly true 😂

2 minutes ago, Deathshow99 said:

No worries mate. I had a desktop pc though 😏 Single core cpu with 2ghz and some nvidia gpu so tell me about it 😏 Played like that from 2011 to 2014

Ouch, at least you had a dedicated GPU, I had Intel 3000HD. One game actually explicitly said they didn't support it and only it.

I want a hoverboard.

And a mud bogger kit for the 2 door pickup.

And a cool kit for the T25.

2 minutes ago, ScottDaniels said:

Ford Raptor/Dodge Ram Rebel TRX (such a long name...)

3 minutes ago, ScottDaniels said:

I want a hoverboard.

And a mud bogger kit for the 2 door pickup.

dont forget motorcycles

Better matchmaking.  I'm a solid gold, but I'm not an agent from the goddamn Matrix like a lot of the other max ranks practically are.  More than half of the time my team ends up looking something like this:

Me

Silver

Silver

Silver

VS

Max rank gold

Max rank gold

Max rank gold

Max rank gold

Shit really gets frustrating.... 

I'd rather have content last. Server/client experience goes a long way when content is rather temporary enjoyment.

After the Engine upgrade I'd love to see the matchmaking and threat level system reworked and fixed. I think it's one of the key issues that makes this game unenjoyable at times. No one should have to detheat to find opposition, and new players shouldn't be getting dispatched against veteran players.

One thing I think would be nice for new players is some rank locked action districts for players under say rank 100. It would give them time to learn the game, and not deal with getting dispatched against high ranking veterans who've been playing for years. Not quite a tutorial district, but just a safe zone until they've before more familiar with the mechanics of the game. Of course they could still join normal open districts with clanmates and whatnot, but by then they'd be accepting the fact they are going to be pitted against veteran players.

I'm not a big fan of the threat locked districts, it would be nice if it were feasible to allow more players on a single district. Like having 200v200 on one action district. I think simply having a larger pool of players for the matchmaking system to work with would be beneficial. Really all depends on what the servers can handle. Only having a max of 12.5 teams per district can be a little limiting and you likely to get pitted against the same team/s over and over.

Only time can tell, and I hope when LO is ready to tackle this issue that they do a thorough job. It's been a problem plaguing this game for a long time now..

Why is there no option for "LO got dis we can sit back and chill" ?

pretty sure they got their priorities right to be fair.

• Like 1

id say matchmaking balance. Get rid of gold and silver districts. And ofcourse content after all the important stuff. But first matchmaking, and weapon balance for sure

I keep coming back hoping "better servers" has taken the lead. 

... I keep getting disappointed. 

6 hours ago, Shamis said:

dont forget motorcycles

No I don't want those, but they can still make them if you want them.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I keep coming back hoping "better servers" has taken the lead. 

... I keep getting disappointed. 

Servers are probably fine, what they talked about in the How to fix the lag thread would probably help that more.

we need all of them. some are very important some are meh so i believe we need to make a priority list.

Better servers>Less client FPS lag>New content: Cars, weapons, contacts, mods>Less cheaters>Matchmaking balance>Weapon balance>Game map/terrain balance>New maps>Bugfixes

this would be my priority list. better servers i believe is the most important one. i put bugfixes at the end of the list because whenever something new is introduced to the game a new bug occurs so no matter how fast bugs are fixed some will spawn somewhere in the client/game.

Edited by PoshDoll

I don't see how the matchmaking will ever be balanced with this low population, i'd rather have a better tutorial for new players cause they don't understand anything when they start the game

17 hours ago, Shamis said:

After the engine upgrade, and LO is able to develop this game properly, what do you want to see them focus on primarily?

Rebuild the game from scratch in UE4. Maybe change the name to APB2: Recoded, heh.

I don't think they'll ever get rid of the teething troubles by porting the game over to a newer engine version. It's headaches all the way down.

Edited by Revoluzzer

Better servers and client side performance should be top priority. The better and smoother the game runs, the better. If they can manage to make the game run smoothly above 60fps on the average medium range pc, the more masses the game will attract, just like games like CSGO, Fortnite, LoL and Dota2 which are games fairly easy to run... but since APB is heavily impacted by customization, i doubt they can pull it off, but the better the optimization, the better the experience. 

There's literally been no new content other than the io growl and paid guns for years, Having suddenly 10 new cars and 10 new guns be added in one update would be absolutely incredible and will make the game so much more interesting. At the moment there's only 3-4 real choices when it comes to high end cars which makes things quite stale and boring