ZoriaDunne

Is this going anywhere?

Hey, havent played APB in a long, long time. I stopped playing while waiting for the new engine to go live. So... yeah, still waiting.
I'm wondering if the engine is really going to be a thing someday, or it's just broken promises.
I really like this game, but I feel like all it's potential has been wasted.

• Like 3

Check the engine upgrade news but yea i dont see it happening before summer.Probably june/july before that no way..

1 hour ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Hey, havent played APB in a long, long time. I stopped playing while waiting for the new engine to go live. So... yeah, still waiting.
I'm wondering if the engine is really going to be a thing someday, or it's just broken promises.
I really like this game, but I feel like all it's potential has been wasted.

im not sure honestly , just wait and find out at this point.

The unreal engine editor thingy of the updates feels like they have one more year of work ahead tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gusvato3080 said:

The unreal engine editor thingy of the updates feels like they have one more year of work ahead tbh

I feel it would've been faster to just make a new game based on APB mechanics in the new engine. Instead of having to rewrite all the code to make it work on a new engine.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

I feel it would've been faster to just make a new game based on APB mechanics in the new engine. Instead of having to rewrite all the code to make it work on a new engine.

Lol no

3 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

if they are struggling to change the code on this game already , they would have a way more hard time remaking apb + everyone would lose everything they worked years for and all the money they spent on apb

12 hours ago, outfit said:

If they are struggling to change the code on this game already , they would have a way more hard time remaking apb

Yep

12 hours ago, outfit said:

+ everyone would lose everything they worked years for and all the money they spent on apb

They could remember or better save what ppl had and give it back in "new APB"...

Ā 

But will not happen anyways!

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Lol no

You clearly never coded anything before.
It's way easier to write new, clean code than trying to change it all to a new engine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

It's way easier to write new, clean code than trying to change it all to a new engine.

except weve been told by the very people who did both for a time that ue4 apb just wasnt feasible

Ā 

keeping in mind that orbit hasn't really worked on a game of this scale before it seems pretty believable that it would be easier for them to work on the version that essentially has training wheels,Ā rather than trying to create a AAA equivalent game from scratch

It's not going anywhere, but at least it's not going nowhere.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

I wouldnt assume that.

Cyberpunk 2077 took 9 years .... 9 YEARS to make.

the engine upgrade is stil a speculation but i m sure they are working on it or it seems they are working on it. right now everything in view of the company telling us whats happening says that they are progressing with all the stuff they have. for the rest we can only wait or play the liveĀ version for now.Ā 

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I wouldnt assume that.

Cyberpunk 2077 took 9 years .... 9 YEARS to make.

actually 3 after witcher 3

but stillĀ 

Cyberpunk firstĀ couple of days had around 1m players(game for 60$)You guys know how many have right now?13k..check steam.Im not surprised.Looks like "someone" is takin down by any means-games similar to GTA which grows too much.I dont want to make conspiracy theories but is kinda good in that aspect that we dont have many players and i hope we never surpass 10k in future.I think big shots will become fallin from everywhere if that happens.Stayn under the radar is the key..šŸ˜†

9 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

Cyberpunk firstĀ couple of days had around 1m players(game for 60$)You guys know how many have right now?13k..check steam.Im not surprised.Looks like "someone" is takin down by any means-games similar to GTA which grows too much.I dont want to make conspiracy theories but is kinda good in that aspect that we dont have many players and i hope we never surpass 10k in future.I think big shots will become fallin from everywhere if that happens.Stayn under the radar is the key..šŸ˜†

Uhhhhhh ok

12 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

or maybe the game is just bad

2 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Small titles with smaller but dedicated playerbases are always better, anyway.Ā 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AlienTM said:

the game growing isnt the problem, they thought they had a perfect gameĀ because they spent a lot of time and money on it and failed just like apb,Ā but apb is actually trying to fix the things that is making the game unlikeable. I dont know how many players games like Minecraft had when it released but i dont think it was much, now its worth 2.5billion dollars, so maybe if everything goes right apb can be worth just as much, but i dont know where the fuck im going with this so bye.

Unfortunately, but you must forget about this game. We will not see anything new in the coming YEARS.

They seem to be working on it, but personally i have already given up hope by now of ever seeing this "Engine Upgrade".

What's more, since i upgraded my PC with a new graphics card i can't even play this game on my PC any more and i have to play on my laptop instead, which handles it fine luckily.

Putting it bluntly: This game is getting so old that current hardware doesn't support it any more. Let that sink in for a moment.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, Fasalina said:

I can see the Q1 2014 meme become a decade old. :^)

SoonTM šŸ˜›

If you think the engine upgrade is ever going to come out then boy do I have a bridge to sell you.

Ā 

Somewhere out there wherever Bjorn Book-LarssonĀ is, he's still befuddled the fact somebody bought gamersfirst with 2 games going absolutely nowhere.

Edited by DeadHorsessssss