ShaiShai

packetloss up to 15

is there a reason im getting packet loss on silver district NA, i asked in zone chat and everyone is saying everyone is getting it cuz little orbit cant afford the servers anymore, is this true?

Missions-Waterfront-2-US-West

Edited by ShaiShai

you get that in silver from what i understand is people running 3rd party software on there pcs hackers using shit to lag the sever people who have high ping joining BRs and the severs being shit aswell as the game being shit

how much of any of that is true i do not know nor do i care i just know you play silver it's laggy and bronze isnt 

3 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

you get that in silver from what i understand is people running 3rd party software on there pcs hackers using shit to lag the sever people who have high ping joining BRs and the severs being shit aswell as the game being shit

how much of any of that is true i do not know nor do i care i just know you play silver it's laggy and bronze isnt 

you know, as stupid as this sounds, i've seen it happen in other games, so this is weirdly belivable

8 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

weard cuz i havent seen any packetloss in silver EU servers, and they have more pop then the NA (at times)

15 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

12 hours ago, Ketog said:

you know, as stupid as this sounds, i've seen it happen in other games, so this is weirdly belivable

Considering the game's history, it's probably true. This game historically has had so many things client-sided that... really shouldn't be. It's one of the very few things G1/RG did right back in the day, was shifting those kinds of things over. Who's to say they didn't miss a thing or two that can be exploited nowadays though? Game isn't exactly a great example of being coded well, after all.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Considering the game's history, it's probably true. This game historically has had so many things client-sided that... really shouldn't be. It's one of the very few things G1/RG did right back in the day, was shifting those kinds of things over. Who's to say they didn't miss a thing or two that can be exploited nowadays though? Game isn't exactly a great example of being coded well, after all.

The fact that you can "speedhack" in APB using a program to delay packets says a lot. I have literally never seen this happen in other games.

28 minutes ago, swft said:

The fact that you can "speedhack" in APB using a program to delay packets says a lot. I have literally never seen this happen in other games.

This works for almost every game I've seen it in rainbow six siege, every battlefield game, and counter-strike. Inducing lag via a lag switch or some kind of program to choke packets allows you to do many things since lag compensation is built into these games to make it so players with a bad connection or high ping are able to play the game (which they shouldn't since it creates a bad experience for players who have a good connection). It allows speedhacking even with a proper speedhack detection system and killing players behind walls and breaking your own hitbox so it desyncs from your character model. They just need to kick anyone with ping to high or an unstable connection.  

Edited by MonkaS
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

weard cuz i havent seen any packetloss in silver EU servers, and they have more pop then the NA (at times)

EU has a better server provider. The average tickrate is closer to 33ms/30tps. On NA, it constantly spikes over 200ms. That's the tickrate, not the latency.

19 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

EU has a better server provider. The average tickrate is closer to 33ms/30tps. On NA, it constantly spikes over 200ms. That's the tickrate, not the latency.

lol funny thing is, i get 150-200 ms on EU and 30-60ms on NA (im closer to na) and never notice bad lag on EU like i do on NA

22 hours ago, swft said:

That's how they're handling the speedhack in APB? Figured they'd just boost the character speed, since it's not like this game checks for irregular movement at all.

22 hours ago, MonkaS said:

They just need to kick anyone with ping to high or an unstable connection.  

I've been saying the same for years. If a person's ping goes higher than, say, 250ms for longer than, say, 3 seconds, automatically kick them to the district selection lobby and block them from re-entering that region's districts for, say, 1 hour. If it continues after, escalate the duration of the block through a few stages (ie 24 hours, 72 hours, 1 month, permablock).

If a player can't maintain a reasonable connection, they don't have the right to play in that region. Their lag causes actual gameplay problems for both their teammates and their opponents, and that's completely unacceptable, period. It's effectively griefing, especially since it's an intentional choice.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

That's how they're handling the speedhack in APB? Figured they'd just boost the character speed, since it's not like this game checks for irregular movement at all.

I've been saying the same for years. If a person's ping goes higher than, say, 250ms for longer than, say, 3 seconds, automatically kick them to the district selection lobby and block them from re-entering that region's districts for, say, 1 hour. If it continues after, escalate the duration of the block through a few stages (ie 24 hours, 72 hours, 1 month, permablock).

If a player can't maintain a reasonable connection, they don't have the right to play in that region. Their lag causes actual gameplay problems for both their teammates and their opponents, and that's completely unacceptable, period. It's effectively griefing, especially since it's an intentional choice.

boosting character speed triggers the speedhack check which will just make you rubberband backwards if you go to fast but boosting the character speed + lagging is better than both on there own.