RCooper

Advantages of hold to crouch

With the new configs released by LO ,I have tried always sprinting and hold to crouch,i can see why always sprinting is better but with hold to crouch i am having difficulties.Why is hold to crouch better than toggle  on/off crouch besides personal preference?

Also it doesnt help hold to crouch bugs sometimes and it keeps me crouching even though i am not pushing the key,so LO should look at the bugs this option has.

Makes pop shotting and t-baging easier.

I prefer toggle crouch though

Its essentially just preference, in theory there is a slight advantage to it as you can do insanely quick peaks by letting go of crouch and then pressing it again after firing a shot but thats about it.

6 hours ago, RCooper said:

Also it doesnt help hold to crouch bugs sometimes and it keeps me crouching even though i am not pushing the key,so LO should look at the bugs this option has.

This happens if you are crouched and are walking off of something that makes your character stand up, it essentially just inverts the bind but you can fix it by pressing Spacebar once.

By holding the crouch key all the time you just develop arthritis sooner than others. 

Personally, I want the reverse to how sprinting currently works. Sprint by default, but can hold the key to slow to running. Walking still locked behind the toggle as it already is. As far as crouching is concerned, toggle crouch is fine. In this type of game, hold crouch would just cause the same kind of issue as current sprint does. I'd like the option to be there for others who prefer it though, never hurts to have options.

6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Personally, I want the reverse to how sprinting currently works. Sprint by default, but can hold the key to slow to running. Walking still locked behind the toggle as it already is.

then why not use the always sprint config that has now been officially approved?

16 hours ago, xiphos said:

then why not use the always sprint config that has now been officially approved?

Those configs don't provide proper functionality. They invert the toggled state when pressing the key and releasing it. Sometimes the inputs get reversed, making you have to hold to stand and sprint.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:08 AM, RCooper said:

With the new configs released by LO ,I have tried always sprinting and hold to crouch,i can see why always sprinting is better but with hold to crouch i am having difficulties.Why is hold to crouch better than toggle  on/off crouch besides personal preference?

i think as you said it is personal preference , like i like hold to crouch because ive always used that in games so im used to it and im sure there is plenty of people that like hold to crouch more than press crouch one time to crouch or whatever its called and

bug solution: if you get the bug just press the jump button or get in a car and that should fix it