Sign in to follow this  
Reprimand

Add aim training/training lounge

The skill gap in this game is ridiculous and it seems unfair that the only way to test your weapon is either on a scrub or a high levelled player. There's no harm in adding a shooting range where people can practice their weapons on training damage, including dummies, moving targets and drills. Most dedicated shooting games have these and it's honestly a god send, especially for people to learn the ropes on the game. The tutorial is very lackluster, you're just told to press some buttons and away you go into the wild west.

Plus, for Armas weapons it seems counter-productive to give people a 3 hour trial when most weapons take longer to learn, a shooting range would mitigate this issue.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

The skill gap in this game is ridiculous and it seems unfair that the only way to test your weapon is either on a scrub or a high levelled player. There's no harm in adding a shooting range where people can practice their weapons on training damage, including dummies, moving targets and drills. Most dedicated shooting games have these and it's honestly a god send, especially for people to learn the ropes on the game. The tutorial is very lackluster, you're just told to press some buttons and away you go into the wild west.

Plus, for Armas weapons it seems counter-productive to give people a 3 hour trial when most weapons take longer to learn, a shooting range would mitigate this issue.

Fight club?

The best way to get better is to play against people that are better than you 😉
Fightclub is a great option ^^ And if you want to know the damage and more stats of a weapon, go to www.apbdb.com ^^ 

1 hour ago, Cuve said:

The best way to get better is to play against people that are better than you 😉
Fightclub is a great option ^^ And if you want to know the damage and more stats of a weapon, go to www.apbdb.com ^^ 

When there's 20 of them at the same time though it's quite an uphill battle.

I'm aware of the database, but I'm not entirely sure how to interpret the data and it would be nice to test weapon damage on an actual dummy instead of a player who would die from any amount of hits. It's a good way to experiment, at least imo.

I don't really know what to tell ya mate.
The game isn't that hard to learn, you don't need to kill people and be a god to play a weapon, you get used to these things within a matter of minutes.
Once again.. Fightclub is great for if you actually need that extra bit of time, so you can just shoot non stop.

And if you really really can't aim / use a gun... There's this great thing called Kovaaks 😉 Not like external aimtrainers help but hey, you can always give it a shot ^^ 

Yea keep waiting LO to make entire new(even if small)map/lounge for that.They try to finish 3 years the engine and u talk about shootin range..

I was thinking of that in the same way. Talking from my experience when i actively play APB i have phases where i play a lot of fightclub but also where i just hang around in social to do nothing. I would rather spend my time practicing sometimes but such thing does not exist yet. Just playing the game doesn't make you good. For me, it feels like i am getting worse the more i play. I'm much better when i can practise, warm up or whatever. 

In my head i was thinking about a seperate district where you can create a group. Within that group you can adjust everything you want like player and weapon atributes. You could split players within that group to create seperate teams that can attack each other or just make it so everyone can shoot each other. That would be much better than creating dummies. You have real player behavior you could practise on. 

15 hours ago, Reprimand said:

When there's 20 of them at the same time though it's quite an uphill battle.

I'm aware of the database, but I'm not entirely sure how to interpret the data and it would be nice to test weapon damage on an actual dummy instead of a player who would die from any amount of hits. It's a good way to experiment, at least imo.

no bots or targets can move the same as an actual player, so go fight club or test the weapon with a friend group up with them and shoot each other at range or whatever.

Apb data is for reference it shows the stats of each weapon max range and shot to kill. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

no bots or targets can move the same as an actual player, so go fight club or test the weapon with a friend group up with them and shoot each other at range or whatever.

And I'm not saying they do? You realise that aim training is just to test your weapons, practice getting use to their recoil and improve your muscle memory as well as your aiming habits? Doing it on a large map with experienced players defeats the purpose of that.

I don't know why so many of you are just suggesting Fight Club to me because I already play there regularly and I know it exists. All the weapons I get I use there as well as in districts, but that's very much just jumping into the deep end without getting appreciation for the weapon before you use it. You don't get the same amount of patience, time or experimenting in an active match to test modifications/movement/strafing or even positional strategies because you're just there under a tense situation waiting to be shot at. That isn't a solution to what I'm saying nor are you actually addressing the words I've said.

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Apb data is for reference it shows the stats of each weapon max range and shot to kill. 

This was already discussed upthread. I am already aware of this.

"Hey guys we should add a shooting range to practice your weapons in your spare time without risking your rank or getting steamrolled by golds."

"Just go to Fight Club."

"I already do use fight club but that's not an effective way to practice."

"Just use APB:DB"

Edited by Reprimand

16 hours ago, Cuve said:

The game isn't that hard to learn

Jokes aside, the jist of APB isn't hard to learn, it's just that new APB players don't know about said jist. There are some max ranks who believe that smaller character = small hit box.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:37 PM, Deadliest said:

Fight club?

Fight Club is great for CQB non-stop battles that are good for some real human aim training. But it falls apart because NA pop decided what map will be played so it's not always available.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:18 PM, Reprimand said:

There's no harm in adding a shooting range

I don't see why LO can't add a Shooting range behind the JT store. A place where you can test JT weapons before you try that limited time trial. Then expand upon it by making the dummies in the range move at speeds based on what weapon you specify, so if you want to train your aim against a Joker Carbine, select a joker carbine preset then watch said dummies strafe as if they play the JC.

It can even go as far as adding leaderboards and "tests". Of course with the cheating population these leaderboards will mean nothing. Then again, if someone gets a stupidly high score, you know who to ban 😉

Social is supposed to be social, so some people prob want to show off guns to people that they have gotten, or even weapon trading. Being able to show off a legendary to newbs could be nice for them in terms of is it a good purchase or trade.

1 hour ago, Reprimand said:

And I'm not saying they do? You realise that aim training is just to test your weapons, practice getting use to their recoil and improve your muscle memory as well as your aiming habits? Doing it on a large map with experienced players defeats the purpose of that.

I don't know why so many of you are just suggesting Fight Club to me because I already play there regularly and I know it exists. All the weapons I get I use there as well as in districts, but that's very much just jumping into the deep end without getting appreciation for the weapon before you use it. You don't get the same amount of patience, time or experimenting in an active match to test modifications/movement/strafing or even positional strategies because you're just there under a tense situation waiting to be shot at. That isn't a solution to what I'm saying nor are you actually addressing the words I've said.

This was already discussed upthread. I am already aware of this.

"Hey guys we should add a shooting range to practice your weapons in your spare time without risking your rank or getting steamrolled by golds."

"Just go to Fight Club."

"I already do use fight club but that's not an effective way to practice."

"Just use APB:DB"

In that case go group up with a friend and TK each other.