Sign in to follow this  
Deathshow99

Old weapon drop system

Old weapon drop system?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone remember the old drop system, anyone wants it back?

• Yes, bring it back
    • No, it was a stupid mechanic

Well the thing about the pickups is that you can't resupply it.. once its out of ammo its out, even if it swaps your weapon entirely once you run out of ammo you would have to drop a box to get your own gun then... people will need to bring up a decision if they wanna risk by picking up a dropped gun and have to spend a box of ammo to bring your gun back if the dropped weapon is low on ammo or empty (yes, empty guns should be dropped to for balancing)

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

As pointed out by others - no, that was not the thing.

I only meant that as being one of the reasons for people not liking the feature, definitely not saying it was the only reason.

Edited by ElectroStingz

This was a thing for a while.. and it was super annoying once you fought someone sitting on some roof with a N-HVR and a OCA for close range. It was also super misleading as the scoreboard only showed the gun they actually equipped.

It's definitely a interesting mechanic and could be brought back, but only if you don't get any spare ammo - means that you'll only have the loaded ammo available that the other player had in his magazine while he died. If you have the same weapon as your enemy, you're allowed to use your ammo for it.

3 hours ago, SpeedyCat said:

Ähm.... this mechanic was only intended and implemented for the Anarchy event in the Anarchy districts. It is not a old mechanic as i know oO

ive never even seen this happen! Maybe iv been away too long 🙂

42 minutes ago, Seedy said:

ive never even seen this happen! Maybe iv been away too long 🙂

Ah, Anarchy was just in once and for a short time, like 3? 4? years ago.

Was around the NSSW release I think since you could get a 10? day trial there - I think

Edit: Actually 5 years ago.

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2013/05/anarchy-in-streets.html

And I was right about the NSSW! And the 10 days!

Damn.

Late 5 year Anarchy anniversary? Anyone? No?

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

You were able to pick up a players dropped weapon shoot it and drop it with hvr equipped and instantly shoot hvr fastest ttk in the game, hilarious.

Just now, Percocet said:

You were able to pick up a players dropped weapon shoot it and drop it with hvr equipped and instantly shoot hvr fastest ttk in the game, hilarious.

lol, for real?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

lol, for real?

No man I just type shit out to get off.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

It's definitely a interesting mechanic and could be brought back, but only if you don't get any spare ammo - means that you'll only have the loaded ammo available that the other player had in his magazine while he died. If you have the same weapon as your enemy, you're allowed to use your ammo for it.

Well that was the thing and its still there with the valentines boxes, you can check yourself if you have any spare ones left around, once the gun is out of ammo its gone untill you find another gun

14 minutes ago, Deathshow99 said:

Well that was the thing and its still there with the valentines boxes, you can check yourself if you have any spare ones left around, once the gun is out of ammo its gone untill you find another gun

No, that wasn't a thing. The dropped weapons came with all spare ammo the previous owner had, which means that you can reload. It should only drop the loaded ammo.

• Like 1

I did like it and it's not really reality breaking but somethings that need to be made sure take effect of this is implemented in the grand scheme. 1. You need to keep the ammo that the person had when they died, 2. It can't just sit there forever afterward (i don't think they do now... but if they did it's an issue) because that would lag up the game having thousands of guns just lying around. I had a third one but honestly, it was stupid and I forgot it, I just remember 'do I want to type that?' 

Mechanics like that, if implemented right, can be a very interesting and life-saving one. 'I just dropped my fifth guy on this gun and I've only got about twelve rounds left? Let's grab this gun over here before they come back'. This would also provide a bit more diversity in the match should you or your opp have to switch mid-combat because you ran out of ammo or just of that clip and grabbed a second gun rather than reloading, the new gun might turn the tide for either side say the new gun was an oca and you were at about 50+ meters, might make you lose but on the other hand if you had him tagged up lightly and it was and HVR you have a chance for a quick execute. Sure it'd be a bit wonky but that's what development is for, creating, planning, and implementing ideas that make the game a much more enjoyable experience. (of course, we need to fix the game as it is now before we add in all these crazy new features!_)

Yeah... totally not really game breaking. Just another buff to defenders.

Imagine the poor attackers droping their weapons and feeding defenders their weapons so they have multiple choices to corner camp xD

Spend your whole magazine (droped from enemies), drop that weapon and keep firing your own... like carrying a shaw or alig.

Lol trust me guys, this is not game breaking! I swear it. I know what i am talking about.

• Like 1

The weapon drop system would be interesting in an Anarchy mode. Not a good idea full time in Action district.

It would make things a little easier for newer players trying to dabble in anarchy with everyone using rockets.

2 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Yeah... totally not really game breaking. Just another buff to defenders.

Imagine the poor attackers droping their weapons and feeding defenders their weapons so they have multiple choices to corner camp xD

Spend your whole magazine (droped from enemies), drop that weapon and keep firing your own... like carrying a shaw or alig.

Lol trust me guys, this is not game breaking! I swear it. I know what i am talking about.

I think it would be a buff to attackers actually (which imo need a buff). Defenders get to perch up in advantageous positions and require attackers to reach them. If they only have the gun that is suited to killing the defender from the position but not a suitable weapon to kill people from that position then they are practically useless until they resupply or run back to the objective (by that time the defenders will have respawned). But by allowing the attacker to immediately take advantage of the previous defender spot this buffs the attackers.

Shouldn't the picked up weapon replace your primary? Why would you be able to hold two primaries? That sounds like it would be absolutely broken, game breaking even. Unless you mean pick back up the gun you dropped, in that case the gun you drop should just disappear. That's one way of balancing that out. Being able to switch back to your original gun from off the ground would be a bit unbalanced.

Edited by Spudinskes

20 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

I think it would be a buff to attackers actually (which imo need a buff). Defenders get to perch up in advantageous positions and require attackers to reach them. If they only have the gun that is suited to killing the defender from the position but not a suitable weapon to kill people from that position then they are practically useless until they resupply or run back to the objective (by that time the defenders will have respawned). But by allowing the attacker to immediately take advantage of the previous defender spot this buffs the attackers.

Shouldn't the picked up weapon replace your primary? Why would you be able to hold two primaries? That sounds like it would be absolutely broken, game breaking even. Unless you mean pick back up the gun you dropped, in that case the gun you drop should just disappear. That's one way of balancing that out. Being able to switch back to your original gun from off the ground would be a bit unbalanced.

Oh boy you keep pushing this even farther and replace YOUR primary with anyone else...

God why im even bothering reasoning with you, i already told you about legendarys example.

Just now, Excalibur! said:

Oh boy you keep pushing this even farther and replace YOUR primary with anyone else...

God why im even bothering reasoning with you, i already told you about legendarys example.

Woah I haven't said anything out of line, illogical, nor rude. Not sure where the anger is coming from.

Anyways, what do you mean by "replace YOUR primary with anyone else"?

1 minute ago, Spudinskes said:

Woah I haven't said anything out of line, illogical, nor rude. Not sure where the anger is coming from.

Anyways, what do you mean by "replace YOUR primary with anyone else"?

How is not rude trying to change apb gameplay mechanic with some other?

Why would i want to share my weapons with others when i die? You are just trying to force people to share their weapons. Are you able to think outside your head?

30 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

How is not rude trying to change apb gameplay mechanic with some other?

Why would i want to share my weapons with others when i die? You are just trying to force people to share their weapons. Are you able to think outside your head?

how is his suggestion rude lmao

obviously you dont want to share your weapons, you want to kill enemies and potentially use their weapons

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

how is his suggestion rude lmao

obviously you dont want to share your weapons, you want to kill enemies and potentially use their weapons

Why cant we take enemies cars then? Or use their clothes? Maybe steal their money or joker tickets?

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

Why cant we take enemies cars then? Or use their clothes? Maybe steal their money or joker tickets?

dont ask me its not my suggestion