kokejn

VOTE Infromation about engine or infromation about solving cheating issue

Infromation about engine or infromation about solving cheating issue  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather hear news or solutions for new engine or new anti-cheat system

• Engine upgrade
    • Cheating issue
    • Fixing matchmaking and threat district system

Guys since there was argue about what LO did so far, i am just curious about some questions for the community

Edited by kokejn

the matchmaking and district system cant happen without the engine upgrade, so that option feels like a duplicate

i really dont see why we would have to choose between info about one or the other tbh, altho obviously specifics about anticheat measures should be kept to a minimum

Edited by xiphos
typo
  • Like 2

Just because i need your opinion vote for engine upgrade than its ok to have own opinion mine is cheating system

2 minutes ago, kokejn said:

Just because i need your opinion vote for engine upgrade than its ok to have own opinion mine is cheating system

Since i feel >75% of hackusations are just false... They should give us better anticheat AND teach ppl what is possible in APB and what isn't.

You have 2 things in the question and 3 things to choose to vote for.."Fixing matchmaking and threat district system"is actually the thing i want most right now.Some tweaks to the current matchmaking/threat was possible for this 3 years LO is in charge but anyway

Engine Update by far...

There are cheaters? Yes, but they are often >50 and get banned kinda fast. The rest is crying.

Looks like some kind of a rhetorical poll, to be frank. In a practical manner, it doesn't make any sense. 

• Thanks 1

I voted Engine Upgrade, I guess that doesn't surprise you 😛

First of all you all should choose which of those vote has priority ( in my opinion is Engine Update/Upgrade, them Matchmaking system and Threar System and last Cheats). Reason ? It's because if Engine Update/Upgrade will be done it will be more options for faster Maintenance ( not 6-10h but maybe even lower than this 🙂 ). Also it maybe be more things to implement ( such as Expand Customization system with diffrent varriants hairstyle, face, body etc.). It maybe also game have better optimalization and faster rendering texture. Cons of my opinion ? Not many players may endurance this statement of game because of lags cheaters etc.

Thats fine, for example i have different opinion

Make team for current APB

Make team for new engine upgrade/update

Because there are some players that would return if things change in current APB and we would have population to play with idk it's just my opinion

In my opinion, i think it's more important to fix the matchmaking and threat district system, what good is the game having better graphics, if the gameplay is not balanced?

If ever @MattScott read this

Can you please increase district limit from 40 players to 50 or 60? There is only one district that all players join and sometimes we wait more than 20 min to join 

People have been asking for threat and district matchmaking in forever but there's a huge problem. You're still stuck with a short amount of people in a singular server and different threats getting autofilled into it when the playerbase is low.  This is most likely why IO are trying to actually have phasing in the game so the playerbase isn't divided up in different districts, the only problem now being that there's not enough people to do that and most likely won't ever be. 

Edited by Tronkles

2 hours ago, Tronkles said:

People have been asking for threat and district matchmaking in forever but there's a huge problem. You're still stuck with a short amount of people in a singular server and different threats getting autofilled into it when the playerbase is low.  This is most likely why IO are trying to actually have phasing in the game so the playerbase isn't divided up in different districts, the only problem now being that there's not enough people to do that and most likely won't ever be. 

An option would be removing factions. So there would be a 2x increase in the amount of players available for matchmaking without having to physicaly increase player capacity in server. You would be matched against 79 other players instead of the typical 40. It wouldnt be lore friendly, but who cares? Having fun is more important than preserving the lore of a 10yold MMO.

i dont run into many hackers because im always playing with high rank people so i would prefer the engine upgrade first then fix the anti cheat 👍

On 3/30/2021 at 10:27 AM, kokejn said:

If ever @MattScott read this

Can you please increase district limit from 40 players to 50 or 60? There is only one district that all players join and sometimes we wait more than 20 min to join 

For EU maybe, For NA it doesnt matter, we barely get 30 people in one district a day, For some reason EU has like 5-10 servers online at a time and NA has 15-20, EU should have more servers and NA should have less, maybe would fix pop problem a tiny bit in NA.

Edited by outfit

On 3/29/2021 at 7:32 PM, CookiePuss said:

Theres like 20 people on the forums. Can we stop the polls please?

Who made you leader. How about bring it to a vote.

What if I told you
the engine rework would help in dealing with cheaters?

BTW the main reason why matchmaking isn't fair is the low population pool.
Can't really fix it without more players.

Edited by Talla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

Who made you leader. How about bring it to a vote.

I see what you did there!

I noticed a higher amount of cheaters last couple of days...

On 3/29/2021 at 2:32 PM, CookiePuss said:

Theres like 20 people on the forums. Can we stop the polls please?

the 54 people that voted (at the time of this post) would disagree with you....

You can't really fix the matchmaking with how low the player population is, there's not enough players to choose to play agaisnt.
Also, the game is F2P, meaning one can create a new account if banned when cheating, so it's gonna keep going.
For the Engine upgrade... I lost hopes long, long ago.
Peace.

yay a poll more people fighting over opinions that don't matter and decisions they do not control and have already been decided for them by those who have control over the situation 

still fun to see you people fighting over stupid shit give me something to do when i'm not playing  

• Thanks 1

Patient brothers, engine will solve our all problems, believe in LO. 

• Thanks 1

Sad fact but the upcoming engine isn't particularly new. It is only Unreal Engine 3.5, not even 4. It only takes 1 Talented-hacker to crack it, which he/she probably already has the experience to do so from other games.

The Engine Upgrade is the better choice here, because the gains from that are more at hand with sustainable results.