Sign in to follow this  
gdfgdfgfdgfd

Custom Crosshair

not another pointless debate thread pls

1 hour ago, PoshDoll said:

they are not allowed, yes. use at your own risk.

why ask a question if you're going to downvote comments that tell you what you don't want to hear?

Because saying it's not allowed is not equivalent to retorting with extra, unwanted, unhelpful commentary -like both posts with downvotes do
Also, nothing has been stated on custom crosshairs in totality, just that their acquisition through game-file-affecting shaders is not allowed.

5 minutes ago, Vnight said:

Are gaming monitors with custom crosshairs built in affected as well?

Impossible to track, even if it was bannable. No.

5 minutes ago, G4B3 said:

just that their acquisition through game-file-affecting shaders is not allowed.

this alone in itself is the answer to the op's question. now help me pick my iqs back up.

Edited by PoshDoll

PlayClaw is compatible with all well known anticheats like Battleye, VAC, PunkBuster and EasyAntiCheat .
---

Sincerely,

Eduard Kozadaev

PlayClaw team

There you go a crosshair overlay that is confirmed, yet again, to be ok. Overlays such as Steam, mumble, Asus and other monitors, teamspeak, playclaw, ect do not touch the game so are in no way against the TOS.

Also maybe you got Downvoted for false information? Thats why I would downvote you. but i spend all my likes/dislikes in the first 5 minutes of the day...

1 minute ago, PoshDoll said:

this alone in itself is the answer to the op's question. now help me pick my iqs back up.

Modifying the game files and an overlay are very very different things. Sorry couldn't see any "IQs" Must be too small to see or something. 😛

Edited by SelttikS
  • Like 1

Just now, SelttikS said:

Modifying the game files and an overlay are very very different things. Sorry couldn't see any "IQs" Must be too small to see or something. 😛

custom crosshairs mostly refer to crosshair shaders as in they are custom options to the current crosshair that's provided in-game. crosshair overlays refer to overlays, duh. nice try.

Just now, PoshDoll said:

custom crosshairs mostly refer to crosshair shaders as in they are custom options to the current crosshair that's provided in-game. crosshair overlays refer to overlays, duh. nice try.

Shaders are shaders, custom crosshairs can be gained through the hard way of modifying game files or with a simple overlay. So when you Blanket say that custom crosshairs are bannable, you are wrong.

Or with a sharpie, but that is trashy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoshDoll said:

Custom crosshairs come in the form of shaders or overlays, and both do more than just crosshairs. But whether or not you agree on terminology doesn't mean making a blanket 'no' answer is correct, lol. Funny enough, op was talking about the overlay type. Defending your oversight is the reason there was an argument at all.

30 minutes ago, Vnight said:

Are gaming monitors with built in custom crosshairs affected as well?

Technically? No. 

But again, no way for LO to know. 

And if monitors are ok, why not 3rd party crosshairs?

Sticky subject. 

Just now, SelttikS said:

Shaders are shaders, custom crosshairs can be gained through the hard way of modifying game files or with a simple overlay. So when you Blanket say that custom crosshairs are bannable, you are wrong.

Or with a sharpie, but that is trashy.

shaders are not all the same. if you use a custom shader, it's not allowed and can be flagged by BattlEye easily. if you use an overlay, it's also not allowed but i'd assume it to be harder to detect. maybe BattlEye is more potent in dececting them. btw sharpie shaders are cool, i used to draw myself stylish crosshairs.

Just now, G4B3 said:

Custom crosshairs come in the form of shaders or overlays, and both do more than just crosshairs. But whether or not you agree on terminology doesn't mean making a blanket 'no' answer is correct, lol. Funny enough, op was talking about the overlay type. Defending your oversight is the reason there was an argument at all.

whoever you ask the question the answer will be "custom crosshairs are not allowed". in which form they come is of no relevance. it's just the overlay form is harder to detect. if you want to use it, use it don't let me bring you down. i also was using them when i tryharded for 3 years, i'd draw my own crosshair on my screen. they worked just fine for me.

If BE actually started banning overlays We would have zero streamers. How do you think those effects are made? Pixie Farts? Well that could be how but it is probably with overlays. Or Unicorn Poop.... yeah could be that.

3 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

shaders are not all the same. if you use a custom shader, it's not allowed and can be flagged by BattlEye easily. if you use an overlay, it's also not allowed but i'd assume it to be harder to detect. maybe BattlEye is more potent in dececting them. btw sharpie shaders are cool, i used to draw myself stylish crosshairs.

I like just posted that Battleye does not ban for these overlays. They can detect them they can detect anything you are running on your system, unless its in like a sandbox or something of the like, So yes they CAN detect it and they know it is not a cheating tool. Do i need to pull out the Battleye Dev quote about overlays?

Fine here Right from Battleye support.

No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity.

Edited by SelttikS

Just now, SelttikS said:

If BE actually started banning overlays We would have zero streamers. How do you think those effects are made? Pixie Farts? Well that could be how but it is probably with overlays. Or Unicorn Poop.... yeah could be that.

I like just posted that Battleye does not ban for these overlays. They can detect them they can detect anything you are running on your system, unless its in like a sandbox or something of the like, So yes they CAN detect it and they know it is not a cheating tool. Do i need to pull out the Battleye Dev quote about overlays?

so you're telling my that the shader version of the same thing is considered as cheating while the overlay version isn't?

1 hour ago, PoshDoll said:

they are not allowed, yes. use at your own risk.

why ask a question if you're going to downvote comments that tell you what you don't want to hear?

I didn't downvoted anyone, other people did.

42 minutes ago, Vnight said:

Are gaming monitors with built in custom crosshairs affected as well? 

I find it dumb to be effected the same as macro keys/keyboards, they build up to work on that way imo

4 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

so you're telling my that the shader version of the same thing is considered as cheating while the overlay version isn't?

Shader is a shader. How can they, realistically, tell a cheaty shader from a not cheaty shader?

Here is how, they have to go over each shader individually to assess it for cheatyness. Technical terms i know but stay with us here. All that google Fu they have to run cost time and monies. Monies and time they don't want to spend. A program that is Sold on steam and used by millions, or whatever number, has already been evaluated. So no need to waste a companies monies to look at each crappy shader some random nub wants to put out there.

Bonus Fact. Most of the shader modification configs running around for APB are cheaty in one way or another.

Edited by SelttikS

Here's a quote direct from BattlEye Support that's relevant to the use of third-party crosshair overlays:

Generally we only ever ban for the use of actual cheats/hacks or components of such hacks which are designed to intentionally bypass BE’s protection. Otherwise you don’t need to worry about getting banned. For example, non-cheat overlays and visual enhancement tools like Reshade or SweetFX are generally supported unless desired otherwise by the game developers (the latter two are currently blocked in PUBG, Fortnite and Islands of Nyne). We might decide to kick (not ban) you at some point for using a specific program (such as macro tools), but that won’t automatically flag you as a cheater.

• Like 1

Just now, SelttikS said:

Shader is a shader. How can they, realistically, tell a cheaty shader from a not cheaty shader?

Here is how, they have to go over each shader individually to assess it for cheatyness. Technical terms i know but stay with us here. All that google Fu they have to run cost time and monies. Monies and time they don't want to spend. A program that is Sold on steam and used by millions, or whatever number, has already been evaluated. So no need to waste a companies monies to look at each crappy shader some random nub wants to put out there.

fair enough, i see your point. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Here's a quote direct from BattlEye Support that's relevant to the use of third-party crosshair overlays:

this is technically the best answer, I can't find it cheating when I'm using my LGS Mouse macro I bought it so I can use it at it's fullness and such as thing, if devs actually start banning players for using mouse/keyboard macros idk, then companies should stop selling gaming mouses/keyboards

I use Custom Desktop Logo, found a green dot and just keep that in the center of my screen with a transparency of 50%.

4 minutes ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

this is technically the best answer, I can't find it cheating when I'm using my LGS Mouse macro I bought it so I can use it at it's fullness and such as thing, if devs actually start banning players for using mouse/keyboard macros idk, then companies should stop selling gaming mouses/keyboards

Are they even detectable?  All commands are routed through the same program on mice (I can change all the keys around).

Edited by illgot

Whether or not BE bans for a thing is separate from whether or not the thing is bannable.

But as has been mentioned, there are many ways crosshairs can be used that are not detectable.

Perhaps once the team gets settled in now that they are back from E3, we can get some clarification on this subject.

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Whether or not BE bans for a thing is separate from whether or not the thing is bannable.

You are very right in that, but if they did decide to ban people over that it would be a fairly unique decision for a game company.

Just now, SelttikS said:

You are very right in that, but if they did decide to ban people over that it would be a fairly unique decision for a game company.

Yeah, and AFAIK no one has ever been banned for this.

And I can name at least half a dozen streamers who stream with crosshair overlays.

It is clearly stated in the TOS that custom shaders are not allowed and anyone using them is subject to being banned. As long as that is stated in the TOS it means there is no discussion on any kind of shader crosshair or not, overlay or not.

5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It is clearly stated in the TOS that custom shaders are not allowed and anyone using them is subject to being banned. As long as that is stated in the TOS it means there is no discussion on any kind of shader crosshair or not, overlay or not.

Actuually this is all we have to go off of at the moment... (the new Code of Conduct)

CUTGN8o.png

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Actuually this is all we have to go off of at the moment... (the new Code of Conduct)

CUTGN8o.png

As far as im aware the no shader stance still stands

Edited by Darkzero3802

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

As far as im aware the no shader stance still stands

Yeah, here it Matt from the Q&A:

Q: Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

21 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Do people really not understand what an overlay vs shader is? Shader is a Modification of the games files and yes so far is not allowed. Overlay is what all those things i mentioned use. So by your logic You get banned for using Steam?

Heck windows uses overlays to display things to you even.

These are completly different things and while they can both be used to do a Crosshair, they can not both be used to cheat.

Shaders can be used for ghetto style wallhacks, or for bypassing things like smoke effects.

See how they are different?

Edited by SelttikS

Sign in to follow this