Sign in to follow this  
gdfgdfgfdgfd

Custom Crosshair

as the title says, Custom crosshairs are bannable? I can't see the point of advantage or something that will go against ToS

Atm i think its not tollerated.

Matt sayd that eventually in the future something will be implemented.

Look here:

Yeah nether G1 nor LO's CoC mentions third party crosshairs.

Perhaps @Lixil could ask for us?

But for now, use at your own risk.

Just now, ElectroStingz said:

So why do you want one?

because I don't like the default one simply like that, in the most games I play there are different crosshairs you can pick and use like CS:GO there are million of custom crosshairs you can use

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah nether G1 nor LO's CoC mentions third party crosshairs.

Perhaps @Lixil could ask for us?

But for now, use at your own risk.

But they mentioned third party tools...

Well i think the BE will mark any third party tool for crosshair or something and they said they're gonna put like a color for the colorblind people and also implement parts of the advanced launcher into the game

3 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

But they mentioned third party tools...

They do yes, but the argument has always been "does it give an advantage" (since some are non static, and do not have a center dot), since 3rd party tools that do not are allowed (like steam overaly for instance).

I dont use them, and Im not a fan. But thats what the argument has always been.

So it would be kind of nice to get a yes or no response to them.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

because I don't like the default one simply like that, in the most games I play there are different crosshairs you can pick and use like CS:GO there are million of custom crosshairs you can use

And you always want know where you are pointing especially when sprinting. <The main advantage everyone wants.

2 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

And you always want know where you are pointing especially when sprinting. <The main advantage everyone wants.

what the actually fk, point while sprinting? I know where is the center of my screen bro

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

what the actually fk, point while sprinting? I know where is the center of my screen bro

Well not everybody can pinpoint the exact center where the crosshair is located in a one secund window to shoot your gun, at that point when you flick your mouse its either hit or miss

Edited by Deathshow99
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

If you are not familiar with how APB works let me explain.

When you start sprinting your crosshair disappears.

Consider this very carefully, if a player has a custom crosshair so there is a visible indicator to show where they are pointing whilst sprinting, does it provide them with an advantage?

Regardless of "knowing" where the center of your screen may be, this feature will provide an advantage to the player that is using the custom crosshair.

Due to the above reasons it is fairly obvious that such a mod should be restricted unless the developers intend to provide the same feature to all.

Edited by ElectroStingz

6 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

If you are not familiar with how APB works let me explain.

When you start sprinting your crosshair disappears.

Consider this very carefully, if a player has a custom crosshair so there is a visible indicator to show where they are pointing whilst sprinting, does it provide them with an advantage?

Regardless of "knowing" where the center of your screen may be, this feature will provide an advantage to the player that is using the custom crosshair.

Due to the above reasons it is fairly obvious that such a mod should be restricted unless the developers intend to provide the same feature to all.

I know how apb works, I'm playing it since 2011 and still yet I can't see the advantage of the custom crosshair, so what if there is a crosshair in the middle of the screen while you sprinting? That's not advantage at all

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gdfgdfgfdgfd said:

so what if there is a crosshair in the middle of the screen while you sprinting? That's not advantage at all

It means you are able to maintain a more accurate position of your target in relation to your crosshair that was suppose to be invisible. A clear advantage over other players that are not using a 3rd party mod.

Edited by ElectroStingz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ElectroStingz said:

It means you are able to maintain a more accurate position of your target in relation to you crosshair that was suppose to be invisible. A clear advantage over other players that are not using a 3rd party mod.

as I said before I can't see the advantage on that except if you're using smg's and shotguns will work only while AR's,Rifles etc. will not work that way since with AR you're going medium range and have to ADS in in order to hit someone.

• Like 1

except if you're using smg's and shotguns

There you go, you see an advantage which is beneficial to all sprint shooting capable weapons, the joker carbine, obir, oscar and most pistols.

And if you play for long enough the game, you know the middle of your screen, its only good eventually for beginners. It is an unfair advantage if not anybody is able to use it as a given game feature. That it eventually will find later its way into the game as a legit feature is eventually an advantage to preventing that new players get mad and sad about that they get killed fast by older players and wont hit any building etc by themselves because they dont really know the special behavior of the APB mechanics. ^^

If your 3rd party tool is not interaction with the base program there is no TOS violation. Arguably that nice gaming mouse with built in macros Could be considered a TOS violation, and BE has done bans based on such before, But that is simply because they are interaction with the game. My overlays built into my monitor are not a TOS violation, my headphones are not TOS violation, see the trend. One sends or reads info from the game, the other does not.

Bullets have spread no matter what sharpie or overlay or Asus monitor you have. They don't Touch the game, so you must Acquit.

• Like 1

While it's not explicitly kosher, you can use customizable desktop logo software that does nothing more than run in the background and display an image of your choosing at a position, size and opacity that you set. It doesn't touch the game, and simply appears above it when your game is windowed. Effectively it's a software version of the ol' tape dot on the TV for your handicapped MW2 quick-scoping.

Most other programs/methods that I've seen are custom shaders that act on APB's in-game crosshair and change/add files the directory. This will never be okay, and understandably so, as many custom shaders can be built to give unfair advantages like highlighting targets and even seeing player outlines through walls.

So until they add official versions of these things, no, you shouldn't use anything that edits the game.

1 minute ago, G4B3 said:

While it's not explicitly kosher, you can use customizable desktop logo software that does nothing more than run in the background and display an image of your choosing at a position, size and opacity that you set. It doesn't touch the game, and simply appears above it when your game is windowed. Effectively it's a software version of the ol' tape dot on the TV for your handicapped MW2 quick-scoping.

Most other programs/methods that I've seen are custom shaders that act on APB's in-game crosshair and change/add files the directory. This will never be okay, and understandably so, as many custom shaders can be built to give unfair advantages like highlighting targets and even seeing player outlines through walls.

So until they add official versions of these things, no, you shouldn't use anything that edits the game.

that's exactly what I'm using tho.

But I want an answer from the mods to be 100% sure

Playclaw, sold on steam, does the same thing and more. It is VAC ok and BE ok. Look folks legit software approved by both the anti cheat tools you have to deal with!

that's exactly what I'm using tho.

But I want an answer from the mods to be 100% sure

The likelihood of them or any mod team saying that a program outside of their control is okay to use is very low. The program can change with time, the methods can change with time, and the ability for mods to see what a program does underneath its face value, without picking apart its code, is limited given they'd have to dissect every single program you asked about.

All you should understand is that unless your program interacts with the game, it is undetectable. This can be indirect, of course, like macros which interact with your mouse, not the game- yet your mouse hits, in many games, will appear as patterned mouse clicks, and may lead to a ban. Granted, they could add a piece to BattleEye that checks for this program being running or not, but the odds of them doing that are nearly as slim as the odds from before, because, again, they would have to take action for EVERY single program.

If you want a crosshair that much, get a marker and put a dot onto your screen(monitor) might destroy it for the rest of its life ( not likd really but you would have a black dot on your screen) an there ya go 😏

they are not allowed, yes. use at your own risk.

why ask a question if you're going to downvote comments that tell you what you don't want to hear?

Edited by PoshDoll
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this