ElectroStingz

APB Reloaded - It really is kind of a big deal!

Damn, this post is a fxckfest of bad behaviour.

Are y'all children or what ?  Insulting each others and stuff.

I'll give my POV about LO here.

I personally think this game would have trouble find a better owner. LO is, imo, doing its best to fix G1's mess, Matt is providing us with regular updates about the engine upgrade. LO have been giving us free premium during all of the Covid Crisis, so it's pretty much obvious they are not trying to take the players money before calling it a day.

We also don't have any abuse of power like before.

Yeah this game is in a bad shape, LO is trying its hardest to fix that, but you should remember one thing, one of the WORST aspect of this game is its toxic community (and do not tell me otherwise, you just have to read the comments before to realise that we have some dumbasses here)

You think LO is bad at managing the game and fixing G1's mess ? Well, do your own game then.

I swear some people here are truly dumb.

Sure you can have your doubts about LO, or you can be concerned about the game's future. But remember that the previous mess is not LO's fault, and try to think what they have done WHILE working on that engine upgrade

(Huge improvements regarding the pay2win side of the game, events, good support team, good GM team)

Oh and, my english might be a bit broken, I'm french, my bad if I made any typo and/or mistakes here and there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with most what you said, but JG  Snub switch was broken. Because the reason you haven't seen the combo abused in the past is because all the guns used to be insane with low TTK and people weren't that good compared to today. It was unbeatable.

Balancing is messed up i don't know what clowns are balancing guns but they are touching guns like LTL and Scout what was FINE. LTL was a niche and now they destroyed it by removing the power of the Pig. From few people using LTL it went to legit 0 people.

Pig was a real tazer and yes it did 85 damage but it had only one shot. you miss you die. Scout was good you could barely fight someone in cqc because of the 0.5 switch and i guess the balancing team cried when they got outplayed by a scout in cqc while using a shotgun or oca probably so they nerfed the equipment time and to make it seem like a buff they increased the damage by 3-5 haha.

Thanks Orbit and the silver balancing team that destroyed LTL and the Scout.

PS if you nerf Obir, Ntec you should also nerf the Obeya since well people just will move on to the gun you apes haven't touched yet.

Edited by Gateron
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nagletz said:

so why not support them just for that?

I Do Support LO. I appreciate the changes made, the new weapons, and of course the opportunity to get joker weapons, in addition to the many Armas guns I own.  I too am a Collector, I'll buy a gun just for its looks knowing its not gonna be OP in combat.

I also tend to support the individual staff members.

I am sore though about the resent nerfs and what I think is a combination of cheat aiming and or cheat induced hit reg lag.  

A big issue with this joker grind is getting stuck using one weapon/type in mission environments that do not favor your weapon, as we all know you must switch weapons as needed to fit the situation. I also tend to loose more and score less.

This is the chance I take for the opportunity to win joker tickets

1 hour ago, Lucesan said:

(and do not tell me otherwise, you just have to read the comments before to realise that we have some dumbasses here)

Like guy before you, and you. First insulting than when i start backfiring you start crying. 

I have RIGHTS to have my OWN opinion and you are toxic community. I understand defendind LO, but you and I are not seeing things same! I don't need premium, remove 25% cut of exp and money cuz of threat districts or make districts that GOLD CANT JOIN SILVER DISTRICT ( i am not programmer but i can bet that is easy ) remove limits, SAVE new players dont allow gold mix with silver, silver with bronze 

There are so much things to fix in this game to make community better and me PERSONALY think that is easy.

So for every next insulting reply on my posts i will insult also dont think i will stand aside and watch

peace

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kokejn said:

I have RIGHTS to have my OWN opinion and you are toxic community. I understand defendind LO, but you and I are not seeing things same! I don't need premium, remove 25% cut of exp and money cuz of threat districts or make districts that GOLD CANT JOIN SILVER DISTRICT ( i am not programmer but i can bet that is easy ) remove limits, SAVE new players dont allow gold mix with silver, silver with bronze 

There are so much things to fix in this game to make community better and me PERSONALY think that is easy.

idk if i know what your saying bc im not good at reading English even though im English but the problem is pop / skill , if you have just turned gold and got off apb then you get on the next day and have to face some of the best players in the game in gold instead of facing people your level or a little bit better in silver it might make you annoyed most of the time + gold is not always filled , its barely filled . if you do make this a thing where only golds can go in gold , only silvers can go in silver and only bronze can go in bronze then it might be , gold: 3v5, silver: 6v10, bronze, 10v15, something like that, we want more people to play with each other which is why they are adding the migrate thing so citadel and Jericho can play together , we dont want to separate the districts like this.

I dont think you can fix most of the things in apb , especially if you arnt a coder . it might look easy and simple to fix but it really might not be , im dont give LO much credit because i dont see them doing anything to the game so far to make it better , but i do give them it might be hard to fix everything the other people messed up.

peace

8 minutes ago, kokejn said:

You think LO is bad at managing the game and fixing G1's mess ? Well, do your own game then.

Once again, I can understand why you are concerned for the game, but you really are not trying to see it from another pov than yours.

Removing limits at this state will just straight off kill the game. The matchmaking will be fixed when the Engine upgrade will come out (Remember that we get regular updates about it, and I've never seen any company be as transparent as LO on that matter.)

Right now, I believe you and I are at the same state : Nothing much to do more/grind. I personally have 15mil on my char and the equivalent of 30mil in weapons worth, so it's obvious I don't need premium

But it's not the case for the others, you can "personally" think whatever you want, but if you do not take into consideration others opinions you can't say that you have the solution mate.

All we can do is wait, giving good feedback to LO (what I mean by good is constructive, either positive or negative idc, it's just useless to be rude and insult everyone)

I swear, if people were a bit nicer to each other it would actually be way easier for this game and community to thrive.

Anyways have a nice day.

4 hours ago, Eviltara said:

And YES Tiggs was a good GM!

Madness!

• Thanks 1

Damn, this post is a fxckfest of bad behaviour.

Are y'all children or what ?  Insulting each others and stuff.

you just have to read the comments before to realise that we have some dumbasses here)

you are part of the toxic community if you come in here calling everyone dumb, everyone has their own opinion on everything so let if be like that.

1 minute ago, outfit said:

you are part of the toxic community if you come in here calling everyone dumb, everyone has their own opinion on everything so let if be like that.

I must say I wasn't really wise to call you guys out like that, so I'm going to take that back.

BUT, the point still is that what you did is really not a good sight to show. (by "you" I of course mean the people yelling at each others before)

Constructive criticism is awesome and I'll always respect that. Online fistfights ? No.

20 minutes ago, outfit said:

idk if i know what your saying bc im not good at reading English even though im English but the problem is pop / skill , if you have just turned gold and got off apb then you get on the next day and have to face some of the best players in the game in gold instead of facing people your level or a little bit better in silver it might make you annoyed most of the time + gold is not always filled , its barely filled . if you do make this a thing where only golds can go in gold , only silvers can go in silver and only bronze can go in bronze then it might be , gold: 3v5, silver: 6v10, bronze, 10v15, something like that, we want more people to play with each other which is why they are adding the migrate thing so citadel and Jericho can play together , we dont want to separate the districts like this.

I dont think you can fix most of the things in apb , especially if you arnt a coder . it might look easy and simple to fix but it really might not be , im dont give LO much credit because i dont see them doing anything to the game so far to make it better , but i do give them it might be hard to fix everything the other people messed up.

peace

It not about me, i am gold since BETA and old threat system gold 1-10

I just feel sad when i get silver or bronze as opponents against me. Those are new players, those players wont stay they will leave because they will think that i cheat or you or anyone.

Ranks and threats should be separated from new players so they can have time to grow their own skill

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kokejn said:

Ranks and threats should be separated from new players so they can have time to grow their own skill

It's not that this is a bad idea, it's that we simply dont have to population needed to split players up sufficiently. 

• Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

It's not that this is a bad idea, it's that we simply dont have to population needed to split players up sufficiently. 

Ok than we are coming to question why we lost population? what causes the loss?

I can say it's cheating or game somehow stopped? In 10 years there was only one major upgrade of the game from R195 to R255 and that's it.

I just want to say they should find reason why population is dropping not growing , fix the issue and then continue working on engine.

When they publish that engine ( and i am hearing about that engine for years even G1 was speaking about new engine) i am afraid population would be 10, 10 cheaters left...

11 minutes ago, kokejn said:

I just want to say they should find reason why population is dropping not growing , fix the issue and then continue working on engine.

the biggest reason is because literally everyone who plays has performance issues to some extent, which is something the engine upgrade is supposed to fix

11 minutes ago, kokejn said:

Ok than we are coming to question why we lost population? what causes the loss?

I can say it's cheating or game somehow stopped? In 10 years there was only one major upgrade of the game from R195 to R255 and that's it.

When they publish that engine ( and i am hearing about that engine for years even G1 was speaking about new engine) i am afraid population would be 10, 10 cheaters left...

What they said is that it is very hard to work with the current engine and that is why they are moving to 3.5 wat makes development way easier. The only thing they need to have now is a good anti-cheat and some in game moderation. Upgrading the anti cheat is underestimated. They should have developed APB from the ground up while using assets from the original game looking at how long the upgrading already takes.

This game was super fun with EAC since most of the "gamers" took a "break" or just got rekt. Also seeing how the smallest changes G1 did destroyed functions of the original game and also made it run shittier for some reason. I rather don't want them to use the current engine for new content what will probably result in even shittier performance then we already have.

37 minutes ago, kokejn said:

what causes the loss?

It's a 10 year old game that was never popular to begin with. Nothing lasts forever. Especially a thing as stale as apb. 

30 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It's a 10 year old game that was never popular to begin with. Nothing lasts forever. Especially a thing as stale as apb. 

But if we are honest...

the "bad performance issues" APB always had IS and WAS the biggest population killer. 

6 hours ago, LilyRain said:

It seems you completely misinterpreted a crystal-clear sentence: "having Snub nose's damage tweaked a good while after increasing its equip time". 

Nice shadow-response btw, it would've been nice, ethical and more professional if you quoted directly.

What. I wasn't talking to you I was addressing the initial post, the video, you know the one this thread is about I didn't even read your comment, if I was talking to you I would have quoted you, or @'ted 

Edited by Acornie

3 hours ago, HighSociety said:

But if we are honest...

the "bad performance issues" APB always had IS and WAS the biggest population killer. 

Three of them actually:

Performance.

Matchmaking.

Cheaters. 

Everything else is a second-priority, nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Acornie said:

What. I wasn't talking to you I was addressing the initial post, the video, you know the one this thread is about I didn't even read your comment, if I was talking to you I would have quoted you, or @'ted 

Except you didn't address it right but sure.

Btw, Colby SNR was a meme because G1 killed it as a standalone weapon & was in need for a rebuff, not because of the JG+Snub combo.

26 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Except you didn't address it right but sure.

But I did, the initial post is the video; my reply was to his example in the video about the SNR; the vid was posted March 25th, long after the 3 shot buff, yet all he does is point to the equip nerf, doesn't say anything about the buff implying that they should have left it as it were; I disagree with that. Pretty straightforward.

And it was made useless because G1. It was JG-Snubbers in EU turned it into a meme

2 minutes ago, Acornie said:

But I did, the initial post is the video; my reply was to his example in the video about the SNR; the vid was posted March 25th, long after the 3 shot buff, yet all he does is point to the equip nerf, doesn't say anything about the buff implying that they should have left it as it were; I disagree with that. Pretty straightforward.

And it was made useless because G1. It was JG-Snubbers in EU turned it into a meme

Still not addressing what OP wants addressed.

The video clearly shows the link to September 11th patch on the bottom-right corner and specifically talks about the change that happened on THAT patch, the 3-shot buff that happened afterwards didn't even take place on that date. The buff is more so irrelevant because it has no connection to SNR's switching-finisher capabilities.

I've already said this.. And that's false, SNR became a meme since G1 nerfed it to give way to Nano's Joker Mystery Box. It is a meme that falls under the umbrella of 'Money'sFirst'.

3 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

SNR became a meme since G1 nerfed it to give way to Nano's Joker Mystery Box. It is a meme that falls under the umbrella of 'Money'sFirst'.

almost certain the snub hasn't been touched before this, its just a leftover from when the overall ttk was higher

i also don't think the equip time nerf was bad, orbit overshot a bit (.3s or .4s would be more in line with other pistols than .5s) and the follow up buff took a while, but its far from the stupidest balance change orbit has done and its a weird thing for the video to hyper focus on

6 minutes ago, xiphos said:

almost certain the snub hasn't been touched before this, its just a leftover from when the overall ttk was higher

G1 made it 4 shots to kill, it was also modified back in RTW (but that might be too old to be of high interest)

10 minutes ago, xiphos said:

i also don't think the equip time nerf was bad, orbit overshot a bit (.3s or .4s would be more in line with other pistols than .5s) and the follow up buff took a while, but its far from the stupidest balance change orbit has done and its a weird thing for the video to hyper focus on

Yep, this is golden

The Equip Time nerf was certainly good, but was it really "a problem" by September 11th?

OP asked this and now it sparks my interest as well, because Shotgun Ray scaling was effectively removed from Live-APB on March 7, 2020, literally just a bit over half a year from the date of change OP is asking about. I've honestly seen much more players speak about shotguns being less consistent than people complaining about JG+Snub, a combination that was so rare which now requires the person to be ultra precise because JG's forgiveness from ray-scaling is gone. #CSGisKingAgain

The removal of Ray-scaling was an indirect nerf to JG+Snub, which wasn't even at the spotlight for 9 years. At close ranges, most players were busy just grenading and PMGing. Very, very few attempted JG+Snub & it wasn't common due to the limitations and risks to have a shot at it.

Realistically and personally, I'd rather be dead in 0.1s to a capable player than be given false-hope against exactly the same thing during 0.5s, because the current ideals of Weapon Balancing give too much emphasis on loadouts that they literally dictate who wins at what distance. There is no common, consistent way to kill faster than 0.5s within JG+Snub's range, not even at point blank with cj3 Euryale. For this very reason, I would also agree with Snub having an equip time of 0.3-0.4s not only to be more consistent with other secondaries, but also because this way I get to spawn faster. This change makes sense on paper but all it does is slowdown the flow of the game because its foundation of having loadout-combinations shine at 1 thing makes it the case. 0.1s, 0.5s or anything in between changes absolutely nothing within JG+Snub's range because that is how currently APB is. If I allowed a JG+Snubber to get close, per APB's rules, I must go to the respawn screen.

OP has a point, all things considered, SNR-switching being a problem is highly debatable. I would say that LO's current value of 0.5s Equip Time doesn't fix what they claimed to be "a problem". Snub should never have an equip time higher than 0.5s due to what you have said but then again this "problem" won't be fixed if Snub doesn't go above 0.5s. So why just slow everything down then? When there is no viable solution, the better course of action is to simply go with what yields faster gameplay till ALL weapons are balanced as a whole.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bonus:

Putting that 9-year timeframe onto the table, fairly recently, players like the streamer Darleenko (famous in EU) did JG+Snub every now and then and even for him, it wasn't consistent at all (I ARRESTED him on stream after he killed someone with JG+Snub but didn't work when he attempted to chain it against me in 2.1's beta). On another hand, Smothery (famous in NA) did Dogear+PIG. Magically, both tactics suddenly became the spotlight and got nerfed, despite all the risks involved in getting them to work... after famous players bringing attention to options in the game that WERE KNOWN for years, they simply get nerfed. Interesting, hmm?

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

[text]

i think they accomplished exactly what was said in the patch notes, a .4s or .5s equip time "discourages this playstyle" without outright deleting it, but it does seem relevant to point out that the snub ttk buff technically made jg/snub more forgiving - i'll give orbit the benefit of the doubt that they wanted the playstyle to remain an option while bringing it closer to the "baseline" they're always going on about, and not fumbling around changing values without thinking

i also don't think these changes came about just because of big streamers, i've seen complaints about both (altho jg/snub is definitely a lot rarer then pig qs complaints) for years, its just we finally have a company who's willing to listen to the community (or parts of it i guess), for better or worse apparently

Edited by xiphos
edit
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 5:30 AM, xiphos said:

i think they accomplished exactly what was said in the patch notes, a .4s or .5s equip time "discourages this playstyle" without outright deleting it, but it does seem relevant to point out that the snub ttk buff technically made jg/snub more forgiving - i'll give orbit the benefit of the doubt that they wanted the playstyle to remain an option while bringing it closer to the "baseline" they're always going on about, and not fumbling around changing values without thinking

i also don't think these changes came about just because of big streamers, i've seen complaints about both (altho jg/snub is definitely a lot rarer then pig qs complaints) for years, its just we finally have a company who's willing to listen to the community (or parts of it i guess), for better or worse apparently

It is nice to be nice but when it comes to feedback, being honest is actually the nice thing to do. There is no denying the great service LO did to APB & the bad things they reversed from G1's era, but this doesn't mean one should overlook hard-mistakes that shouldn't have happened. Hearing the community and acting based on that is one thing, listening and doing things proper is another.

'The patch accomplishing what it says' is where the vagueness & disagreements start & they do so heavily. SakeBee said that LO established a "baseline", yet nothing to this date disclosed a single hint nor word about it. That very patch is also all over the place. Strong weapons got stronger (e.g OCA), while weaker weapons got more weak. The changes were simple yet hard so the general-direction towards this baseline can NOT be clearly inferred, further hinting towards that the patch was in fact changing values without thinking and evidently so such a baseline may not even be present.

I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone. For instance:

unknown.png

1 » FAR's spraying accuracy was already in between STAR and N-tec as its previous maximum bloom of 1.45 is already higher than STAR's. The end-result is unquestionable because ALL accuracy related stats between STAR and FAR are identical. The only exception is marksman modifier but the difference in that isn't big enough to outweigh Max Bloom. FAR's rate of fire is also faster so its accuracy-degradation was also naturally faster due to recovery-delay and recovery not doing as much recovery between shots.

2 » APB's active-community is pretty small. I am genuinely interested in the group that asked for a FAR-nerf and how big in size it was compared to us all. Literally nobody asked for a FAR-nerf yet LO "listened" to it from somewhere. Where did the request for this come from and what was the basis for its approval?

There is much more to be said but I'll keep it at this, this is already sufficient.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'll only give them the benefit of the doubt because they pulled off a very decent job with reducing the over-tankiness of vehicles. Having High-Burn Fuel equipped or not is actually a valid choice now., but there are no excuses for September 11th patch.. A splendid show of sheer underperformance and inadequate changes 'just because'.

Once the New Engine is out alongside marketing APB 2.1, I really hope they pull another patch that changes things for the better, because they won't have a lot of chances at that due to it being late in the Roadmap.

Edited by LilyRain