emotes

RTX 3000 series crashes Fix?

Aiight, I upgraded to an RTX 3070 and now i can't even play the game. Sometimes it lets me get in the district and spawn and sometimes it crashes when i spawn in. It always crashes on the spawn/respawn map. Does anybody know about a fix/setting/file or anything so i can play the game?

idk about a 30 series, but there are configs (that LO does not approve so use at your own risk) that are supposed to help reduce the crashing. IDK where said files can be found but maybe some asking around and googling can help

This is the very reason APB needs the new engine

Putting your graphics settings to minimum will stop it crashing. So unfortunately you must play with blurry characters which defeats the point of the customisation. Still waiting after a year and a half for little orbit to add an option for high detail characters as a band aid fix. Its not too bad once you get used to it but its really not ideal.

As long as you set the graphics preset to minimum, you can turn on all the advanced settings like bloom and shadows etc and it will still not crash. So you dont have to have the game looking like a dark washed out mess at least. Setting it to low (no blurry character) and turning off all advanced settings will still crash however.

Edited by Raichu

One is not edgy enough for APB if they are not playing on minimal settings on their high-end computers, anyway. 

So you should be fine, after all. 

• Like 2

Just use a low graphics config which turns down most things but keeps characters and cars high quality so you can see designs, which are the only important part. You can try my config which is just that (its on my twitch stream page). Or use the Advanced APB Launcher to make your own. Its the only fix for RTX crashing until the engine upgrade comes out.

9 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

there are configs (that LO does not approve

Not true. They fully approve of the Advanced Launcher and they even host a download for it on their website.

replace your GPU for AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

PD: I own NVIDIA card

Edited by Uhtdred

2 hours ago, Flaws said:

Just use a low graphics config which turns down most things but keeps characters and cars high quality so you can see designs, which are the only important part. You can try my config which is just that (its on my twitch stream page). Or use the Advanced APB Launcher to make your own. Its the only fix for RTX crashing until the engine upgrade comes out.

Not true. They fully approve of the Advanced Launcher and they even host a download for it on their website.

Not a config. Advanced launcher tweaks settings the game modifies in-game. I'm not sure what these configs hold but like I said they keep my friend from crashing as often. Now that my memory is refreshed his graphics don't look like potato but he claims he crashes way less now.

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

You can try my config which is just that (its on my twitch stream page).

Ill try it, i tried reverses but that one didnt work.

19 hours ago, emotes said:

Ill try it, i tried reverses but that one didnt work.

Advanced APB Launcher is quite handy for turning down settings, I'm yet to run into any crashes since switching to it.

I do hope there is a fix for this issue soon, but I fear we won't see it until the Engine Upgrade release.

7 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Advanced APB Launcher is quite handy for turning down settings, I'm yet to run into any crashes since switching to it.

I do hope there is a fix for this issue soon, but I fear we won't see it until the Engine Upgrade release.

I tried Flaws settings from his stream and that fixed it. 🙂

Have the same issue with my own 3070, but learnt that if I use fullscreen (not borderless) and alt+tab out and in to the game as the freeze happens it resolves itself every time. Thus I can still play with max settings!

Imagine buying Nvidia and Intel lol
Deserved lol

LOL

7 minutes ago, Shui said:

Imagine buying Nvidia and Intel lol
Deserved lol

LOL

lol 

Then which specs would you advise to play apb on maximum settings and with over 140fps?

I mean, I would rather die than use configs or low settings... and I thinking about a lil' upgrade of my 🥔 pc. 

Suggestions, gamerz plz 🙂

On 3/28/2021 at 10:17 AM, emotes said:

Aiight, I upgraded to an RTX 3070 and now i can't even play the game. Sometimes it lets me get in the district and spawn and sometimes it crashes when i spawn in. It always crashes on the spawn/respawn map. Does anybody know about a fix/setting/file or anything so i can play the game?

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Shui said:

Imagine buying Nvidia and Intel lol Deserved lol LOL

Imagine supporting AMD, a company that refuses to support their own hardware with even the absolute basics like a control panel and driver updates.

• Like 2

Make the settings on low and relax. For the big update u have to be lazy it will need time.

I have an RTX 3060ti and also have issues with the game freezing on spawn screens. Basically my ez fix is to ctrl+alt+del then hit cancel when that comes up. It almost always unfreezes for me then.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:21 AM, Hexerin said:

Imagine supporting AMD, a company that refuses to support their own hardware with even the absolute basics like a control panel and driver updates.

lmao come back from the 2000s already

On 4/6/2021 at 2:31 AM, greenfield said:

does this issue occur on AMD cards?

no, never had that on 5000/6000 series

On 4/1/2021 at 9:21 AM, Hexerin said:

My dude you should stop living in 2010, you know things changed right.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ketog said:

My dude you should stop living in 2010, you know things changed right.

yea and it's literally been the other way around for over 5 years now lol

1 hour ago, heelruby said:

yea and it's literally been the other way around for over 5 years now lol

kind of yeah, especially with the nvidia driver overhead at very high framerates for competitive games, anyway, this thread probably isn't the place to chat about it 🤔

• Like 2

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the PC Bugs and Tech Issues section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611069ff82d3bbc5c3f2d

ppfff....         

yeah.

@Ketog 😂 haha I just dont bother trying..   

@Azukii think its fair to just zap this topic into a dark wormhole before it implodes. .  a "fix/solution" has been posted which is pinned. 👌